Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 16 Jan 22, 11:03 PM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Hubble trading post , site of the Navajo Indians return after the long walk.
Tombstone historical site and featured in many western movies.
Not everyone’s cup of tea but there are lots of different things to see with a little looking
jdouds is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 22, 06:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Andy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by jdouds View Post
Hi can I ask what your plans are for Arizona
Apologies just seen this.

I am staying with friends who live in PHX and have been to AZ about 7 times so it will be a much more chilled trip this time.

We will head to many bars and restaurants. Probably head up to Cave Creek to see the rodeo.
Mr Andy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 22, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
enjibenji
Imagineer

enjibenji's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Another vote for Sedona, stunning place 😊
enjibenji is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 22, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Have you done the Arizona part of Rt 66? We enjoyed that!
Old 18 Jan 22, 09:05 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
Have you done the Arizona part of Rt 66? We enjoyed that!
We also stayed at Flagstaff on Rt66, we did that, and used it as a base for driving down to Grand Canyon South Rim. Then it isn’t far to Sedona from there.
Old 18 Jan 22, 12:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Andy
Imagineer

I've done Flagstaff and Sedona and loved both. Great places and beautiful scenery.
Mr Andy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 22, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by daytonababe View Post
For November i bought direct from Disneyland and choose the park days at the same time, And I shall do the same for next month.

When I looked the other day Disneyland direct were a little cheaper than some of the third party resellers.

I personally dont see the need for the Genie + , Thanksgiving week the parks weren’t heaving (its still limited capacity), So I doubt they will be in Feb .
I buy mine direct too and usually when I and there as I hate over planning a vacation (its my time to relax) and yes they are cheaper to do it that way - even more so if I get a local friend to book for me as they get a better deal

I have never really found it busy in over 40 years of going - maybe I am lucky and only once (Boxing Day 3 years ago) was it too busy for us so we turned around that's was the exception and have visited it over Labor weekend (when locals all tend to leave LA)
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 22, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
signtalker
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Andy View Post
Apologies just seen this.

I am staying with friends who live in PHX and have been to AZ about 7 times so it will be a much more chilled trip this time.

We will head to many bars and restaurants. Probably head up to Cave Creek to see the rodeo.

Ah cave creek we visit every time we go ( off again in May ) , we have friends there , Arizona is our second home , like you been numerous times love the place have friends near Madeira canyon also . Can’t wait

Jules
signtalker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 22, 03:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Stitchesmumanddad
VIP Dibber

Thank You!

Will try through the app. Will wait a bit nearer the time anyway. Would you say Genie Plus is worth it?
Im going in a couple of weeks ! Im here now in Florida and havent liked Genie +
Ive just paid A La Carte for the major rides.

So I’ll compare to LA and let you know
Old 26 Jan 22, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

Thank You!

Will try through the app. Will wait a bit nearer the time anyway. Would you say Genie Plus is worth it?
We have just been and had Genie+ throughout. On the busier days the standby ride queues were between 30-60 minutes for most rides that have LL (and quite a few that don’t) and up to about 120 minutes for a handful of things including the ones you can pay for individually.

The lightening lane slots had good availability though and most were available immediately or within say 30 minutes. Exceptions to this were Space Mountain, which often had a two hour wait for a lightening lane slot and Soarin, which seemed to be four or five hours wait for a slot.

We went all five days of our tickets and there was really only the Wednesday, possibly the Thursday when we would have been indifferent as to whether we had Genie+ or not. On those days the queues were short, say under 30 minutes average.

We have quite low tolerance to queuing, twenty minutes used to be our limit, I think we have learned that queuing is something we are going to have to get more used to (particularly as we like to do favourite rides more than once). Genie+ helped keep our queuing to manageable levels, on at least three out of five days it must have saved us about three hours of queuing in total.

If I were going again, I would definitely have Genie+ at the weekends and possibly Friday / Monday as well. I think Wednesday was the only day we barely used it.
Claudette is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List