Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 20 Jan 22, 10:00 AM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

I have no problem with Harry employing the services of anyone if those services are available and he pays for them himself. I'm not even bothered if those services are not available to everyone and he gets preferential treatment, as long as he pays for them himself.

Why/how did this story even get to be common knowledge?
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 22, 10:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
The thing is that up until now the current decision making was done by the Home Office and/or Priti Patel. If it were up to the Queen I wouldn’t be surprised if she would allow it but she has said she will not interfere with the decisions made by the Home Office.

We can agree, disagree or be totally indifferent, the decision will ultimately be made by the High Court Judge overseeing the Judicial Review. I am genuinely interested to see how this all pans out.
Sparksy72 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 22, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Lindaelaine
Imagineer

Originally Posted by JoJo88 View Post
I have no problem with Harry employing the services of anyone if those services are available and he pays for them himself. I'm not even bothered if those services are not available to everyone and he gets preferential treatment, as long as he pays for them himself.

Why/how did this story even get to be common knowledge?
Good question, Harry isn't shy about coming out and speaking his mind, trouble is sometimes it can come back and bite you in the butt, it's common knowledge now that they are/were planning a visit, although I have said it before, I really can't see Meghan wanting to set foot on British soil.
Harry now has a great excuse to not bring his family over.
It's all so sad, things could have been so different if handled better.
Aug 2018...Westridge. Aug 2019... Miami & Solterra Resort
Lindaelaine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 22, 03:06 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Sparksy72 View Post
Firstly, not sure if anyone else was aware but Taylor Swift managed a lovely trip recently to St Ives with Joe Alwyn without buying Security in the U.K. I would have thought she has a much higher profile due to being an international superstar and if she was able to do it safely, I’m not sure why H and MM would not be able to do the same, especially if they stayed with family where there is U.K. security provided.

Also they knew prior to quitting their roles/jobs as working Royals that they would lose their IPP status.

nationalpost/news/world/...y-being-pulled

It couldn’t be any clearer.

It would appear that the Canadian public weren’t happy to be paying for security indefinitely for a couple of non-working royals. It would not surprise me if there was a similar percentage of Brits who feel exactly the same way.
Game, Set & Match me thinks Sparksy

Edited at 03:08 PM.
THE WIZARD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 22, 03:56 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

But they don’t have privacy .
They “pay off” the media with a constant supply of photos taken by Kate of the children as part of a deal to attempt to protect the children from press intruding. How well that worked can be judged by the photos of a sobbing George at the football .
Harry and Meghan were clear from day one (and before) that Archie (and now Lili) was not press fodder and they not were up for a deal as per William and Kate. It’s another reason the tabloids are so vindictive towards them

I think William and Catherine have shown how to actually live a ‘private’ personal life. The issue that MM and Harry have is that once they started telling fibs, it then makes it difficult to know when they are actually being truthful. Also when they lecture others how to live their lives, eg. How the general public should save the planet by having less kids etc and then they take numerous private jets or hang out on billion dollar yachts, it seems fairly hypocritical. Accusing a royal family member of racism and then refusing to give names or context, meaning that if it was just a simple enquiry that person will now never be able to refute it.

I feel awful for the Queen, she must be totally missing Prince Phillip and the support I’m sure he offered her. Family situations can be tricky but having two family members who think using a TV Programme to air their grievances or suing to get their way must be incredibly stressful, especially considering her age.

news.au/entertainmen...9587081245a6b4
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 22, 04:02 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Ha ha
Taylor Swift ?
You feel she is comparable to the grandson and great grandchildren of the Queen ?
Interesting perspective (but I’m so glad she had “a lovely trip “ promoting her latest release) , do her grandparents also live in the U.K. …..is that the connection you are trying to illustrate ? Was this also a private visit to grandparents ?
(I don’t know much about Taylor Swift except she clearly has an excellent PR team as she’s always popping up in the media with other celebrities who all seem to be her new best friend )

Firstly, not sure if anyone else was aware but Taylor Swift managed a lovely trip recently to St Ives with Joe Alwyn without buying Security in the U.K. I would have thought she has a much higher profile due to being an international superstar and if she was able to do it safely, I’m not sure why H and MM would not be able to do the same, especially if they stayed with family where there is U.K. security provided.

Also they knew prior to quitting their roles/jobs as working Royals that they would lose their IPP status.

nationalpost/news/world/...y-being-pulled

It couldn’t be any clearer.

It would appear that the Canadian public weren’t happy to be paying for security indefinitely for a couple of non-working royals. It would not surprise me if there was a similar percentage of Brits who feel exactly the same way.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 22, 05:18 AM  
Link to this Post
TigerMom
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
But they don’t have privacy .
They “pay off” the media with a constant supply of photos taken by Kate of the children as part of a deal to attempt to protect the children from press intruding. How well that worked can be judged by the photos of a sobbing George at the football .
Harry and Meghan were clear from day one (and before) that Archie (and now Lili) was not press fodder and they not were up for a deal as per William and Kate. It’s another reason the tabloids are so vindictive towards them
Constant supply is a bit strong. One or two photos a year. George wanted to goto the football with his Dad so what. We don't see photos of him every time he goes to football with his Dad do we?. I think if Katherine and William have done a deal as you claim then that's clever parenting. It allows the children freedom from the press on a daily basis but also allows an interested public to see the children grow up. M and H have just made the situation worse with their attitude. Still it doesn't matter now as they have left and are now just another everyday American family.
TigerMom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 22, 06:28 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

You say clever parenting.
I say bartering with the tabloids to stop them pestering /stalking on a daily basis.
Teaching their kids about appeasing the press seems to be one of those things William and Harry see as very different matters when it comes to their children .
I don't quite understand your definition of an American family, are you saying every ex pat family instantly takes on the nationality of the country they currently live in ? If so you are sadly mistaken (I'm actually writing this from the British Embassy in the UAE surrounded by British families who currently live here, they don't understand your logic either)

Originally Posted by TigerMom View Post
Constant supply is a bit strong. One or two photos a year. George wanted to goto the football with his Dad so what. We don't see photos of him every time he goes to football with his Dad do we?. I think if Katherine and William have done a deal as you claim then that's clever parenting. It allows the children freedom from the press on a daily basis but also allows an interested public to see the children grow up. M and H have just made the situation worse with their attitude. Still it doesn't matter now as they have left and are now just another everyday American family.

Edited at 06:35 AM.
Old 23 Jan 22, 08:57 AM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

Forgot to quote. I’m responding to Duchy’s posts.

You can’t really compare William’s children to Harry’s anymore. William and George are future Kings so there will always be an interest and they will always be in the public eye, there’s no escaping that. Harry could pale into insignificance if he wanted, the same as other ‘spares’ (not a nice term I know but I can’t think of another one) and their families. But they want a celebrity lifestyle so that’s their choice.

As for Taylor Swift, she is an extremely high profile celebrity. I think the point was being made that she was able to visit the country (without the safety of a family bolt hole), without any fuss. Harry could’ve done the same. Granted, there is more interest in Harry visiting as it’s a big story, prodigal son returns, but it became an even bigger one with the news of his security wants.

George crying at the football. You’ve mentioned before how it’s going to cause embarrassment over the years as it will keep being brought up. If that’s the worst intrusion he’s going to have to put up with in the coming years, I’m pretty sure he’ll be okay. Charles has coped with a lot more, as has Harry. Who on earth is going to mock a child in years to come for being upset?!

Edited at 09:40 AM.
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 22, 09:04 AM  
Link to this Post
themeparksandy
Imagineer

I do feel sorry for the Queen in all this as she’s tried to bring her children up the right way but the way Charles and Andrew acted and Harry over the years.
Harry never thinks before he does anything and how he thought it was ok to dress up as a Nazi
themeparksandy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread