Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Old 2 Jul 19, 10:15 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyNutters
Earning My Ears

Wedding Dress in MK

Hi, I will be getting married on Luau Beach at Disney's Polynesian resort in November 2019 . We are having the memories package so it will be just us and both sets of parents. We are getting married at 1pm. We have a limousine for 3hrs so are thinking that we will be dropped back at our Resort (POR) by about 3.30pm.

The plan is to give the parents some time to change (if they want to) before we go to Disney Springs for a meal. Unfortunately we have only just booked this holiday/wedding so are late in trying to book restaurants so are limited to where we could go. We do however want to go to Magic Kingdom that evening for the fireworks.

My question for you all is, I've seen on the Disney website that wedding dresses can't be worn into the parks but if I was getting married in a non-traditional dress (i.e. not a white wedding dress) but say a smart colourful dress, would I be able to get into MK or would I need to change into say shorts and t-shirt to get in? If we all stayed in out smart wedding gear, would we all get into MK?

Thanks for any help.
DisneyNutters is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 19, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Kd0758
Very Serious Dibber

We had a photo shoot in MK when the park was open and I wore a knee length white dress and my husband wore his suit trousers and a white shirt with his wedding shoes.

We booked it through Disney Fine Art Photography but at no point we’re we questioned or anything by any CMs on entry to the park so nobody knew we were having the photo shoot.

Edited to add he wore a waistcoat too.

Edited at 10:26 PM.
Kd0758 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 19, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyNutters
Earning My Ears

Thanks Kd0758. We will give it a try .

We got engaged outside the front of MK last year so it would be lovely to have a replica of that photo but in our wedding clothes.
DisneyNutters is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 19, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post
flang
Excited about Disney

I personally think its luck of the draw and risky especially on your wedding day. Have you considered watching the fireworks from the contemporary balcony or Polynesian resort. We booked the grande 1 yacht for our wedding and it was amazing!
Old 3 Aug 19, 10:42 PM  
Link to this Post
redfox5
slightly serious Dibber

redfox5's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Could you book some private dining or dessert party at MK through Disney weddings?

You would be allowed to go in your wedding dress then.

I was allowed in Epcot with mine.
Old 4 Aug 19, 03:59 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

If it’s not white I don’t think you will have an issue. I’ve seen people in the parks in all sorts of dresses from casual to formal.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 19, 08:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Bee happy
VIP Dibber

Bee happy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

I dont see any reason why you cant wear a bright colourful dress in the park,surely people wear dresses all the time there ? Sounds amazing,hope you have a wonderful day