Notices

Old 12 Dec 20, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
magickate
Imagineer

4 to 5 for 2021 please

I fear I may be jinxing it but after some thought I've decided to crack on with a PTR for our hopeful trip next summer. If nothing else having it all the details in one place might make it easier to cancel if it comes to it

This is us on our 1st trip in 2017! We had an amazing spending 3 weeks in a nemo suite at AoA.

2nd trip in 2019. POR this time followed by a Disney cruise which was just perfect.

We've had a couple of trips to DLP too which I genuinely love and although it's not Florida it was the 1st Disney Park we ever went to and will always be a really special place to us. We got to visit with my god daughters too for their 1st time in a Disney Park and seeing it through their eyes was amazing.

And that brings us to 2021. I count us as being lucky we weren't planning to go this year, we've lost a few holidays due to the pandemic but I can only imagine how difficult it has been for those having to cancel a Florida trip, especially those with young children. First world problem perhaps but heart breaking all the same

A big change for us is that we won't be visiting Disney World. At all so if you want a PTR that's all about round the world Epcot eats and rope drops I'm afraid this one won't be for you. Nothing to do with the current situation, purely down to cost. Those tickets may be good value if you use them for the full 14 days but if you're wanting less than a week it's painful. We felt as we only did Disney last time too and with DS being braver with bigger rides it was a good year to skip it.
magickate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Dec 20, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
magickate
Imagineer

Where we're up to with the planning...

Well we at least do have flights. Transferred from a now cancelled West Coast Trip that should've been at Easter we fly with Virgin, Manchester to MCO on Friday 20th August. Not the usual kind of bargain flight I like to find but hey ho, not going to get hung up on it. We're the afternoon flight at about 1.30 I think and Premium Economy.
I long to look out of a window and see this sort of view again, it'll just be red on the plane instead of blue next time

Manchester is only about 1.5hrs away from us which is much nicer than the trek to Gatwick last time so we don't necessarily need a hotel the night before. That doesn't mean I don't want one though so if something pops up for the right price while I'm accidentally looking then it's obviously meant to be

Which tickets to buy was my main dilemma. As previously mentioned I ruled out Disney pretty early on so it really came down to Universal Vs DC & Seaworld parks. I consulted the dibb which was frankly no help and just gave me more to think about so eventually I based it purely on value for money.

Patiently waited the Black Friday offers before paying a £25pp deposit on Discovery Cove ultimates with swim. £193 each with ATD which I'm really happy with considering what they give us. That's it ticket wise for us so all that's left to do is pay for them by 8 weeks before we go. Simple!

Today I've sorted some car hire out with DFCH, when I 1st looked prices were sky high but certainly seemed a lot better when I checked again earlier. We have 2 separate bookings to fit in with our plans but both are for the same category of a Full Size SUV, hopefully we'll get one of these again!

DH loves a big car when we're in the states and I refuse to drive as the roads scare me so whatever he's happy with is fine by me.
magickate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Dec 20, 10:55 PM  
Link to this Post
magickate
Imagineer

Accommodation wise we have the most perfect (for us!) Villa booked for our 1st week. We may need to stay in a hotel on our arrival day because we've ended up going a day earlier than originally planned due to flight availability. So for the 21st-28th we'll be here

It's in Davenport and has everything we need and want. I looked at what felt like a million different ones and drove myself insane with choosing but I'm really happy with what we have. The owner seems lovely and although I can't deny I'm a bit nervous doing it privately they've been fantastic with communication and information.
Decent size pool and games room

and enough general living space that we won't be on top of each other.

Space was a big factor for us as this will hopefully be our 1st holiday as a family of 5 in nearly 10 years. DHs daughter, my lovely step daughter, who will be a couple of months off her 14th birthday when we travel, will be coming with us all being well. I'll not go into great detail but it will be truly amazing if she can come and would really make it so special for us.

It'll mean we have the 2 of us plus a 15.5 year old, a quite close to being 14 year old and a just turned 11 year old
Old 12 Dec 20, 11:09 PM  
Link to this Post
magickate
Imagineer

and lastly we have the highlight of the holiday, our cruise! Again rebooked from the planned Easter trip when we should've been doing a 7 night Mexican cruise on the Wonder, now it's 7 nights Caribbean on the beautiful Fantasy ship.

So ridiculously excited for it and keeping everything crossed it goes ahead. No plan B if it doesn't yet

This is our itinerary

and we've booked a balcony room again. I know this goes against everything I previously said about us needing personal space us all being in one but genuinely we spent so little time in the stateroom before and having the balcony really helps anyway.

That's all I have sorted for now I think. We'll be flying back the day we get off the cruise as that'll get us home on the Sunday for the kids to go back to school Monday.

So one week covering all the Seaworld parks with lots of eating and relaxing and one week on the cruise. If Covid could do one and let us actually look forward to it properly that'd be great thanks.
Old 13 Dec 20, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Elsa42
Apprentice Imagineer

Elsa42's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Hi 🙂

Your plans sound fantastic! I’m looking forward to reading along and seeing how you get on in the seaworld parks. I haven’t been to them for years so looking forward to reading!

Your cruise will be amazing! I love the Disney Fantasy! I’m really hoping the start going ahead as we have one booked for next year too and it’s always the highlight of our trip 🥰 I really enjoyed the Cayman Islands, what a beautiful place! I’m sure you’ve looked into it but there’s a waterfall in Jamaica that you ca climb up and it’s a really fantastic port adventure!

Look forward to reading more plans

Edited at 07:47 PM.
Elsa42 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Dec 20, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
magickate
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Elsa42 View Post
Hi 🙂

Your plans sound fantastic! I’m looking forward to reading along and seeing how you get on in the seaworld parks. I haven’t been to them for years so looking forward to reading!

Your cruise will be amazing! I love the Disney Fantasy! I’m really hoping the start going ahead as we have one booked for next year too and it’s always the highlight of our trip 🥰 I really enjoyed the Cayman Islands, what a beautiful place! I’m sure you’ve looked into it but there’s a waterfall in Jamaica that you ca climb up and it’s a really fantastic port adventure!

Look forward to reading more plans
We visited Seasworld & DC in 2017 but Aquatica & Busch Gardens will be new to us! Hoping DS will be big and brave enough for the coasters but he's a shorty.

Ooh which cruise have you booked for? I really hope they start again soon, I can't seem to let myself get excited about it at all. Done zero research so far for excursions, even our room choice was just a take whatevers available kind of situation. Very unlike me!
Old 13 Dec 20, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Ciano
Imagineer

Ciano's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Sounds great to me! You can always have an evening in downtown Disney for your Disney fix. Flamin cruises are addictive. No one tells you that! We did our first one on the Disney dream but switched to Royal Caribbean then. You will feel like you are having 2 different holidays. Amazing. If you only have 7 days in Orlando then your tickets will be fine. Discovery cove is fab and a full day in itself. We love the villa holiday I dont think you will go back to you all in a hotel room after. Davenport is a lovely area. Its our no 1 place to stay.
So lovely reading your post. Reminds me of the Dibb pre Covid.
Enjoy the planning x
Old 13 Dec 20, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
magickate
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Ciano View Post
Sounds great to me! You can always have an evening in downtown Disney for your Disney fix. Flamin cruises are addictive. No one tells you that! We did our first one on the Disney dream but switched to Royal Caribbean then. You will feel like you are having 2 different holidays. Amazing. If you only have 7 days in Orlando then your tickets will be fine. Discovery cove is fab and a full day in itself. We love the villa holiday I dont think you will go back to you all in a hotel room after. Davenport is a lovely area. Its our no 1 place to stay.
So lovely reading your post. Reminds me of the Dibb pre Covid.
Enjoy the planning x
Thanks Ciano!

So addictive, they should really come with a warning. I think this may be our last Disney one with the children getting older so we'll absolutely make the most of it! Royal Caribbean will be our next one to try for sure.

We've only 7 days excluding travel day in Orlando so I really do think I've made the right choice for tickets. DC is booked for our 2nd full day then we'll see what we fancy after that. There'll be a lot of eating, shopping and pool time thrown in too. Glad to hear some positives for the Davenport area, villas are new territory for us but I think we'll love it.

A return to pre covid holiday excitement would be just perfect x
Old 29 Dec 20, 11:39 AM  
Link to this Post
LizzyBear
Imagineer

LizzyBear's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Following I'm too scared to rebook just yet but hoping things become clearer very soon and that your holiday goes ahead with minimal restrictions. The villa looks lovely and I think it Disney doesn't bring back free dining for 2021 or 22 I'll be booking our full 3 weeks in one.
Old 30 Dec 20, 05:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Robyn89
Imagineer

Your trip sounds wonderful! Got everything crossed and hoping today’s good news gets us all back to our happy place soon!
Robyn89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List