Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 17 Sep 21, 11:50 PM  
Link to this Post
darbs
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Bouncing Tigger View Post
Done it, found a slightly cheaper deal with Sainsburys, 2 year fixed with no exit fees. Whew
Thank you for posting this, our fixed term coming to an end and company we're with wanted £80 more per month, just looked at sainsburys and is pretty much what we're paying now so have switched! Thanks again 😀
darbs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 21, 08:42 AM  
Link to this Post
disney20042012
Imagineer

So how come France are allowed to build 3 new coal power stations and we have had to close ours and limit the amount of power from our gas ones.
disney20042012 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 21, 09:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by disney20042012 View Post
So how come France are allowed to build 3 new coal power stations and we have had to close ours and limit the amount of power from our gas ones.
Boris has committed the UK to a reduction of green house gases by 68% by 2030. That’s not going to happen with coal power stations so we will have to pay much more for our electricity going forward.
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 21, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkin Pie
Imagineer

Maybe it’s time to stop paying (5%) VAT on gas and electricity. I don’t see it as a luxury. I am not blaming any one political party for this so not a political comment.
Pumpkin Pie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 21, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
Originally Posted by Pumpkin Pie View Post
Maybe it’s time to stop paying (5%) VAT on gas and electricity. I don’t see it as a luxury. I am not blaming any one political party for this so not a political comment.
Spain have temporarily cancelled VAT on Gas/electricity.
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 21, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkin Pie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
Spain have temporarily cancelled VAT on Gas/electricity.
I didn’t know that but good on them.
Pumpkin Pie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 21, 10:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
Originally Posted by Pumpkin Pie View Post
I didn’t know that but good on them.
Yes, hopefully the UK government will announce similar measures

google/amp/s/amp.t...gency-measures

Edited at 10:54 AM.
Old 18 Sep 21, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Loftus
Imagineer

Originally Posted by disney20042012 View Post
Do you have a link for this? The last I saw France was closing it's remaining coal fired stations by next year. It will only be used beyond that, as we are with our remaining two coal power plants, to stabilise the grid.

Edited at 12:07 PM.
Loftus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 21, 12:05 PM  
Link to this Post
prugone
Very Serious Dibber

I pay around £450 a month for electricity but then we're all electric and a large household (4A, 3C). 'Thankfully' switched to Octopus 2yr fix a few weeks ago via Uswitch but be warned, if you're looking to switch I think the volatility of the market at the moment may lead to more 'fatalities' amongst the smaller suppliers in the coming months
prugone is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 21, 12:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Jax1970
Imagineer

Jax1970's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

I’m due to change tariff next month too (end of 12 month fixed with OctopusEnergy). I’d have loved to stay with them, but bills are due to increase by £50 pm, which is almost double as I’m only paying £64 currently. Next best seems to be a 2 year fix with Sainsbury’s. That looks a great bet as there are no exit fees, meaning that if the market does level out I can look for a better long term fix in the coming months.