Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 12 Oct 21, 04:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Originally Posted by Bellasmummy View Post
We were there just before you, 14-17 august, stayed at GC.

We rented through David’s and it came in at $1326 for the 3 nights. Worth every penny.
Great price!

Our whole holiday was booked last minute - the flights a few weeks before and some other elements whilst we were in the bar at the hotel airport the night before we flew. Still other elements, such as a flight from LA to SFO and a hotel in SFO whilst were out there.

Just checking back at that email, our hotel booking was made on August 7th, and was on a "Special Offer: Summer Savings Room Offer".

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 21, 06:02 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bellasmummy View Post
We were there just before you, 14-17 august, stayed at GC.

We rented through David’s and it came in at $1326 for the 3 nights. Worth every penny.
Good point- renting points would be a very good way to go at the cash prices.
Old 12 Oct 21, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
On our Californian trip, it was actually cheaper to stay at the GC than the Disneyland Hotel, but we wanted to stay at the OG, so the Disneyland Hotel it was. Having Trader Sam's so close at hand for 5 days was a fantastic benefit for us!

I would stay at the GC next time, mainly to compare-and-contrast with our Disneyland Hotel stay. We've always really loved our Wilderness Lodge stays, so I think we'll enjoy the similar vibe there.
We stayed for 4 nights in a 2 bed suite with an added bedroom so we all had our won room and a sitting room in the turret. It was money well spent - we have stayed in same configuration at both Orlando and Paris (a few times) and experience is worth it if you can afford it. When travelling alone the Marriott is more than adequate for me
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 21, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
We are going next August. I would LOVE to stay there but it’s so expensive, I just can’t justify those prices. Even the cheapest “onsite” hotel Paradise Pier is a crazy price and in my opinion doesn’t look great and is actually much further away than some offsite hotels.

I have looked at partner hotel package booked with Disney but according to the dis boards, it’s more of a pain if you have to cancel rather than just booking the hotel direct and tickets with Disney. Also they offer an insurance if you have to cancel but not applicable for International guests. However Partner hotels package includes the price with tax. Disney hotels don’t come with the tax included in the price and when you see the final cost it jumps massively!

If I can swing it I’m going to go for Courtyard by Marriott Themepark entrance, if not HOJO or Hyatt House at Anaheim Convention centre. I’ve found picking a hotel a nightmare! One thing I’ve found people book a lot later and some prices aren’t available yet.
gjdjud is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 21, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Claudette - we’ve stayed there twice and it’s a lovely hotel in a perfect location.

No way on earth would I pay the crazy prices being quoted on this thread, though.
Old 13 Oct 21, 07:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
I think the most basic hotel room is running almost £500 a night Claudette.

Maybe more.

It’s unbelievably expensive. I don’t think I’d pay it cash, maybe 2 nights max.

The pools etc look really lovely though, and the whole hotel is raved about so I’ve no doubt it will be great. I like the crafts theme.
Two nights would be easier to justify but I have never been so want to stay longer and don’t want to split stay Anaheim as I already have a few hotel changes elsewhere factored in. Mind you, at least I get my room serviced if I am changing more often. I am still undecided either way.
Claudette is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 21, 08:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
So, for my likely dates, a 4-night stay 24-28th July, having found someone with points to rent out...

Booking GC with Disney: $795/night = $3180 = c£2335
Renting points with David's: $2,080 = c£1525
Renitng points with owner direct: 104 points @ $18/pt = $1872 = c£1375

Tax will need to be added to the Disney booking, not sure if David's are required to add tax also.

DVC rental are for a studio. A 1-bed is exactly twice those amounts.

Renting points is the way to go!

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 21, 08:43 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
So, for my likely dates, a 4-night stay 24-28th July, having found someone with points to rent out...

Booking GC with Disney: $795/night = $3180 = c£2335
Renting points with David's: $2,080 = c£1525
Renitng points with owner direct: 104 points @ $18/pt = $1872 = c£1375

Tax will need to be added to the Disney booking, not sure if David's are required to add tax also.

DVC rental are for a studio. A 1-bed is exactly twice those amounts.

Renting points is the way to go!
You don’t add tax with DVC rental, parking is also free so that’s another $25 a day saved (if that’s what they charge at GC).
Old 13 Oct 21, 08:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
Two nights would be easier to justify but I have never been so want to stay longer and don’t want to split stay Anaheim as I already have a few hotel changes elsewhere factored in. Mind you, at least I get my room serviced if I am changing more often. I am still undecided either way.
Your thought process sounds exactly like our own which kinda went...

"Disneyland hotel is so much more than the off-site hotels across the road."

"...but we really want to stay there"

"Maybe we'll do a few nights off-site and then go to to the Disneyland hotel for a night or two."

"Ah, sod it, let's book the whole thing at the Disneyland Hotel!"

We made the right decision!

Part One
Part Two
Old 13 Oct 21, 08:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
You don’t add tax with DVC rental, parking is also free so that’s another $25 a day saved (if that’s what they charge at GC).
Yeah, I know you wouldn't renting points from a owner directly, but wasn't sure via David's as they are a company providing a service.

Thanks for confirming anyway!

Part One
Part Two