Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 17 Nov 21, 04:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Melanie R
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Anthem Adventures with Andy - Hometime and Final Thoughts

We had a really early start on our final morning as they like to get everyone disembarked as early as possible – we had an 8am timeslot, so were one of the later ones!

We had set alarms the previous night and had made the decision not to try to get up even earlier for breakfast, but we would get something at the station as we had a long wait for our first train of the day once we got there.

The disembarkation ran as smoothly as the last one and we were all asked to wait in our staterooms and the announcements to leave would be made – we were bang on time and so were soon off the ship collecting our waiting luggage, and we headed over to the taxi area to pick up a taxi to the station.

It was a very short drive there and we were soon dropped off and headed in to wait for our train – not due until 10:20 so plenty of time! We took a seat in the café and ordered a latte and pastry for breakfast to keep us going.

It was a very uneventful trip back up to Manchester airport – we changed at Birmingham and Crewe with no issues and arrived at the airport where it was time to say our goodbyes – Andy to head through to T1 where he had a couple of hours to kill until his flight was due, me to catch my train to Lancaster and home
My train wasn’t due for another 40 minutes, so we headed into the café together for a final coffee, then Andy helped me on to the train with my luggage and it really was time to say goodbye for now 😞

I had an uneventful trip back to Lancaster where my dad was waiting to pick me up and take me home – I arrived back around 6pm and after a shower and something to eat decided to have an early night, so headed to bed with a cup of tea to watch tv and wait for Andy to let me know he had arrived home safely 😊

Final thoughts and what’s next?

I can’t end this report without acknowledging that I had booked this cruise prior to meeting Andy, and that I can’t deny there was a part of me which thought I was mad inviting someone who I had known for such a short time to join me on holiday (and I’m sure he had similar thoughts in accepting! ) – but I believe that things happen for a reason, and I genuinely think that Andy and I were meant to come into each other’s lives at this point. We had a fantastic trip together and got on really well, to the point that we booked a further cruise for next May while on board.

Since the cruise ended, we have not seen each other due to previous weekend commitments which we both had, but I’m heading over to Belfast this weekend to visit and cannot wait to see him again 🥰

We do call and message every day, and have plans in December for him to visit me and for me to head over to see him for New Year as we will both be spending Christmas with our families.

The last few years have taught me that nobody knows what the future holds, but also that life is for living, so when my sister invited us to join her and her husband on a cruise in January 2024 (! ) as they had fantastic prices on suites we also now have this booked in the calendar too ❤️

Duchess Adventures! - Trip report index

Edited at 05:09 PM.
Melanie R is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 21, 05:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Ciano
Imagineer

Ciano's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Absolutely brilliant Mel. You are so right to go for it what have you to loose? Hope you have a lovely weekend in Belfast. Thanks for the trip reports have enjoyed them all.
Old 17 Nov 21, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
formosagirl
slightly serious Dibber

Oh Mel I'm so pleased you had a great cruise with Andy, what a fantastic experience and now so many things to look forward to as well. Completely agree, if the last year has taught us anything its that life is too short!
Old 17 Nov 21, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Lizzim
Imagineer

Lizzim's Reviews
Glad you had a great cruise, very brave 3rd date but agree you never know what life will throw at you so take every chance!
Lizzim is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 21, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
dismamx2
VIP Dibber

So glad everything went great and you both enjoyed the cruise Nice to hear your future plans. Thanks for the trip report
dismamx2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 21, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
P&S
Imagineer

A sad last day but so much to look forward to I hope you enjoy every minute of your trip to Belfast
Old 17 Nov 21, 10:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Kellea
VIP Dibber

I love this! Ive been waiting for the next instalments! So glad you had a good time x

1993, 2008, 2011 OKW villas 17 nights ( thanks to Irene , 2013 3 nights Renaissance Seaworld, 3 nights HRH Club, 16 nights OKW and DxDDP, 2014 5 nights HRH Club, 16 nights OKW. 2015 15 nights Sheraton Vistana Villages. 2016 3 nights Sheraton New York Times Square, 3 nights HRH club level, 16 night AKL SV, 2 nights BLT. 2017 5 nights OKW, 5 nights BWV, 7 nights BLT, 4 nights HRH club. 2019 3 nights Renaissance (SW), 4 nights HRH CL, 7 nights BLT LV, 7 nights AKL SV

KELLEA
Kellea is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 21, 10:56 PM  
Link to this Post
tigger48
VIP Dibber

Oh Mel (& Andy) I’m so pleased to read your final (for now) thoughts. Fate really does work in mysterious ways and sometimes timing is everything. I wish you both the very best, and of course I’m hoping there are many more adventures to follow!
tigger48 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 21, 10:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotsmomma2
Imagineer

Just caught up with them all,so happy it's all worked out for you both Mel,sounds like it's all just meant to be.
Have a lovely weekend in Belfast x
Scotsmomma2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 21, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
disneywiseowl
VIP Dibber

disneywiseowl's Reviews
Thx for posting such a positive thread. Sounds like you had a great time & you certainly made the right decision re inviting Andy.
The older I get (71 now), the more I realise, it’s the chances I didn’t take that I regret, not the mistakes I made.
Looking forward to your next report…….
disneywiseowl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List