Notices
Guest Services Site Questions, a tech query or just want to test something.

Old 6 Dec 21, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Geordieprincess
Apprentice Imagineer

Love my iPhone and iPad, but hate my Mac. I use a laptop all day everyday at work so maybe it’s just that I haven’t been able to fully immerse myself in the Mac so I get frustrated as it doesn’t behave like my laptop. When we need to upgrade we will probably go back to a laptop. I do hate every time a new windows upgrade comes out and I have to learn where things are again but because I use it all the time I get used to it quicker. Maybe if I was only using a Mac all the time it would be easier.
Geordieprincess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 21, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

I have had a Mac 27 inch for many years and now have a Mac Book Pro.. with Office for Mac. Whilst no great computer geek, it just has a wonderful, quality feel to it ( that you clearly pay for). It is a little like comparing an iPhone with anything else, it feels great and (possibly due to many years of Apple products, phones, pads etc). I find it a pleasure to own it.

To me it is akin to my clear preference for VW Products in that the pleasure is in owning, rather than in outright performance! I feel sure that a Kia is a fine car and in some ways superior.. but I still buy VW’s… Maybe it’s a little like some who will only fly with a certain airline and regardless of price even though others seem more customer service focused and reliable.

It is inevitable that my MacBook will be replaced with another MacBook.. and yes, the photo editing suite is both simple and excellent!

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 21, 12:55 AM  
Link to this Post
51-a- good year
Apprentice Imagineer

Macs are fine if the Apple way suits you

The problem happens if you don't want to do it the Apple way because you might not have so many choices compared with a PC

Mac users will also boast that their 8 year old MAC is still running fine - well most 8 year old PCs are also fine ... if they are running 8 year old software !
But the PC scene moves on much more rapidly because so many more people are developing hardware and software

The irony is that Apple started with an open architecture and boasted about it compared to the more tightly controlled IBM PC
The reverse is now true
51-a- good year is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 21, 08:34 AM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by 51-a- good year View Post
Macs are fine if the Apple way suits you

The problem happens if you don't want to do it the Apple way because you might not have so many choices compared with a PC

Mac users will also boast that their 8 year old MAC is still running fine - well most 8 year old PCs are also fine ... if they are running 8 year old software !
But the PC scene moves on much more rapidly because so many more people are developing hardware and software

The irony is that Apple started with an open architecture and boasted about it compared to the more tightly controlled IBM PC
The reverse is now true
Oh so true.. Most computers will run the software that was written for them when new perfectly fine years and years later. It's when you want to run new software that they appear slow or won't run them. This is true for Windows, Macs, and even Linux machines.
Windows based machines run just about the same software and just as good or even better than Macs. It used to be the case that Macs were better for photo and video editing, but those days have long past, but people still believe it because Apple wants you to believe it. I would save my money and get a Windows bases machine.
But at the end of the day, it's your money get what you want, not what others say you should get.

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 21, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post
MacUK
VIP Dibber

MacUK's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by wanye View Post
i have a 2020 macbook air M1 and it is now my main browsing laptop which i take on holiday with me. in my office i have a 2018 mac mini which is fully loaded and i use for more intensive tasks like video editing.

hth
Have you tried to video edit on your M1? should be much faster than the Mini?
MacUK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List