General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 5 Dec 21, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
roxie2001
Imagineer

Sangria and a tray of crisps. Benalmádena. Nov 21. Travel day

Thursday 25th November

index
The airport shuttle bus leaves the hotel every 30 minutes. We decided on the 4.45am rather than 5.15am as didn’t know how busy it would be.
Alarm went on snooze, then got up and ready. We were downstairs by 4.30 and met Tracy and Paul. Tracy had two little cans of vodka, lime and soda we had them, don’t like to waste drinks.
The bus was outside, another £4 each (they take cards) and we were on our way. Excited was an understatement but still nervous about the checks.
We walked to security and I heard someone call my name, I ignored it but I heard it again, our friends Russell and Linda were in the queue checking a case in. I knew they booked last minute but thought they wouldn’t make it due to an appointment Russell had to make. It was lovely to see them although they had only booked to Monday, maybe they had a sixth sense about the rules.
Anyway, we told them we would meet them at the pub as we only had hand luggage.
Security wasn’t busy at all, I had the scanner and Matt went straight through.
Our first port of call is always spoons.

Matt and I popped to Boots and we all chatted and had a drink until the gate was showing. The Ryan air app told us the gate before the screens which was handy.
We took the little train to the gate, boarding was in progress. Tracy and Paul had priority and we had booked one case between me and Matt so he also had it. We weren’t really that far behind though, no checking documents at this stage.
The flight was busy and we had a young girl sit besides us, she had her head down in the brace yourself position most the time.
So nice to see this view.

Passport control was busy but organised. Nothing says welcome to Spain like armed guards. They only checked the passport and then it was through to the checks. I think they had temperature monitors as we queued which again was fairly busy but moving quickly. Matt and Paul went to a different queue and then both were asked go to a separate desk.
They scanned a screenshot of the passenger form but not the covid passport. Tracy showed her vaccination card and was fine, I had mine printed. The boys had put in transit on their forms yesterday so had to verify they were not travelling onto somewhere else.
I can’t tell you what a relief it was to have made it.
Matt had booked a private transfer with Hoppa and the driver was waiting with a card, he wheeled mine and Tracy’s case to the car, what a gentleman.
It’s always crazy on Spanish roads, I would never cope with it.
The driver saluted when Paul pointed out the San Migel factory.
It’s a quick journey and we were soon pulling up at the Hotel Bali. It’s only a 15 minute car journey. Check in was easy, our room wasn’t quite ready but that was ok as we had our wristbands.
Straight to the bar then outside and what we had been waiting for.

The reception man came out with our keys so we popped the cases up and got changed out our England weather clothes.

Then back in the sun.

We sat outside until it got cooler and carried on drinking inside.
It was brilliant catching up with our friends, laughing and having a little cry and talk about mum.
Dinner happened at some point.

I was reunited with honey rum, Spanish measures.

The hotel put a show on every night at 10pm. It’s not exactly west end quality but it’s a good little show.

This guy had also checked us in, the staff work so hard.

After the show they had a Kahoot! quiz. Matt and I have played this a fair amount of times.
We chose our team name, Man down but was told we couldn't have 6 players so the girls spilt from the men. I asked what are team name should be and Linda said the 3 tarts. The guy was trying not to laugh.
It was only our teams and two others, the quiz was flags.
I’m useless at flags so we tried to copy Matt and Paul as Matt is very good at them. Russell said he knew what it was then I don’t know when asked.
In the end, Man down won a bottle of cava and we came 3rd.
Linda took the cava for her fridge in case we wanted a late drink one night.
It was a relaxed and funny first night.

Edited at 10:43 PM.
roxie2001 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 21, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Have a great holiday.

I clicked on this as I saw Benelmadena-I spent the vast majority of my childhood holidays here I can’t believe you are actually in the Bali, I used to go there every year for Christmas and New Year
OB1LukeLucas is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 21, 11:06 PM  
Link to this Post
roxie2001
Imagineer

We love it there, even with cardiac hill lol.
roxie2001 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 21, 11:52 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

So pleased you got there safely and without any stress travelling xx

The hotel looks beautiful and you seemed to have so much fun 💞 Looking forward to reading the rest of the trip report
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 21, 06:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

That was an early start!
Glad to read that you got through the hassles of travelling in covid times and had a relaxing first day!
Melbatb is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 21, 09:01 AM  
Link to this Post
salmim
Imagineer

salmim's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Love Benalmadena, have a great trip. 😎
salmim is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 21, 04:18 PM  
Link to this Post
roxie2001
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
So pleased you got there safely and without any stress travelling xx

The hotel looks beautiful and you seemed to have so much fun 💞 Looking forward to reading the rest of the trip report
It was pretty much stress free.
I love Spanish measures 🤣
Old 6 Dec 21, 04:19 PM  
Link to this Post
roxie2001
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Melbatb View Post
That was an early start!
Glad to read that you got through the hassles of travelling in covid times and had a relaxing first day!
I had a little nap on the plane. I was annoyed with myself as I forgot my mr eye mask.
Old 6 Dec 21, 04:20 PM  
Link to this Post
roxie2001
Imagineer

Originally Posted by salmim View Post
Love Benalmadena, have a great trip. 😎
Thank you. We love it there as well.