Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 9 Jan 22, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
catlady
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 4
Originally Posted by yozza1977 View Post
/7e726505cd43bc.jpg[/APP]You need to tell the renter to follow these instructions (as paypal detects they are paying a UK paypal account so auto converts - makes it difficult to see if the correct amount has been paid):
1) Pay using friends and family so no charges, if they choose the other option, then they should pay the 3% fee
2) When the payment screen shows ask them to change GBP to USD on the right of the screen as shown in the screenshot.

If they follow this then it should work

Can I ask how you then get the money from PayPal into your bank account from the dollars? Don't you just lose it then anyway?

I've just had a payment by PayPal from US renters and it's cost me £78 (working from the amount paid and my bank exchange rate?). The renters did family and friends, it cost them $4.99? I'm sure it used to be free too?
Old 9 Jan 22, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
RescueRangers
Imagineer

Just FYI the fee from a UK - UK account is 3% if its UK - US its 4.4% so don't sell your self short if you have an international buyer. Basicly when PayPal detects its not in your home country the fee goes up !

I just had to pay an extra $20 of fees on some DVC points due to PayPal fees. Luckily my seller did a great deal on the points so doesn't make a big difference.

Iv been conned on PayPal years ago so would rather cost a little bit more than lose a lot.

Edited at 09:54 PM.
RescueRangers is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 22, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
catlady
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 4
Be great if there was another option other than PayPal? 🤔
Old 9 Jan 22, 10:07 PM  
Link to this Post
RescueRangers
Imagineer

Originally Posted by catlady View Post
Be great if there was another option other than PayPal? 🤔
The fees are pretty bad 4% soon adds up. I guess it depends how much you trust your seller/buyer
RescueRangers is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 22, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Saratoska
VIP Dibber

Saratoska's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Dollar to pounds as you say they are rubbish but when I then converted back to dollars to pay into my USA SunTrust via Wise it equated back out to more or less what it was in dollars originally

Not so good though if you want to convert to pounds only

Saratoska is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List