Notices
Offers, Discounts, Codes, Cashback and UK Shopping Money Saving tips, UK shopping topics , discount links and offers.

Old 19 Dec 21, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Cocobean121
Imagineer

When are you doing your BIG shop?

The dreaded big pre-Christmas shop, I hate it!

Go too early everything out of date before Boxing Day, go too late and risk not being able to get something very important!

So to avoid driving round the car park ten times, covering your face with six masks to avoid Decepticon, I mean Omicron, and queuing for an hour whilst getting in everyone’s way at the checkouts, when do you go? (This doesn’t include the super organised who managed to bag an online shopping slot for Christmas Eve).

For me, I intend to go to aldi ready for opening at 7am on Wednesday, then go to tesco around 10pm on Thursday for everything I couldn’t get at Aldi or just generally forgot.

Good luck everyone!

Easter 2011 Legacy Park Villa fl. Aug/Sept 2013 Thousand Oaks Villa fl. April 2015 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa fl. May 2017 the sanctuary, West Haven villa Fl.
October 2019 Pier 60 & Highlands Reserve villa fl
May 2020 endless summer and Aventura
Cocobean121 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Dec 21, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
levtweeney
Imagineer

levtweeney's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Online shopping all the way. Supermarkets will be a nightmare this week.
Old 19 Dec 21, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

Good luck! I've got most things, just perishables to get and no doubt a few other bits and bobs. Thinking Thursday morning.

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May '18
MariaLynda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Dec 21, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Wednesday! Gives me Thursday to find anything I couldn’t get a Lidl
Old 19 Dec 21, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Eeyore14
Apprentice Imagineer

Eeyore14's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 7
I went last night, everything was dated until the 27th and keeping the veg in a box in the garage, so hopefully all good. Fingers crossed, dd flying in tomorrow from Switzerland for 2 weeks, so I didn’t want to have to worry about shopping.
Old 19 Dec 21, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Mine is being delivered Thursday its just the fresh stuff I’ve got extra bread butter milk etc in the freezer
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Dec 21, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

I thought we’d do ours Wednesday or Thursday night after I finished work at 9 but just realised my husband is on nights.
On the up side it means he can pick up the preordered bread from a local bakery on his way home as they are opening at 5am on Christmas Eve .
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Dec 21, 02:22 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Delivery booked for Tuesday, still gives me a couple days to pop out if anything was missing. Not expecting huge crowds early at my local though, they've been opening at 8am for years now and most people still think they open at 9! So 6am Christmas week, I'd probably be the only person there.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Dec 21, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

I thought we’d do ours Wednesday or Thursday night after I finished work at 9 but just realised my husband is on nights.
On the up side it means he can pick up the preordered bread from a local bakery on his way home as they are opening at 5am on Christmas Eve .
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Dec 21, 03:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
I have a weekly food delivery on a Monday I've bumped that to wednesday which also happens to be my birthday and I don't plan on going shopping that day lol, I'm hoping if I need a couple of bits I just need to pop to Tesco express nearby 🤞, I'm at work today I've just nipped into the Morrisons next door for a meal deal usually it's rammed on a Sunday but very quiet so think people are re jigging their shopping day this week
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List