Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 4 Jan 22, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post
MissPiggy2012
VIP Dibber

Just frustrated…….digital membership card

Just need to vent a bit. We are resale members with grandfathered rights to discounts etc having purchased prior to April 2016.

So the physical DVC cards have now expired and Disney have moved to Mobile Magic. I’ve downloaded my card to Google pay and it’s showing as DVC ND. A quick google and find a big discussion on the other board, Disney IT have categorised DVC members as either DVC Y or DVC ND. ND meaning no discount. Apparently all Resale DVC members have been categorised as No Discount and it will take weeks for them to change it for those of us who bought prior to April 2016. 🙄

We are due to go at the end of January and need to show our blue cards to activate our Annual Pass renewal. I can still get a temporary card up on the DVC website, in my name and my husband doesn’t use a log in. Can I use just my card to renew our passes or does my husband need to show his too? He doesn’t use a login for the DVC website and I’ve just tried to do it and it wants the initial Club ID and activation code from years ago 🤦🏻

Also people are reporting mixed reactions from cast members not accepting temporary cards from the website.

Just makes everything more difficult than it needs to be 😕
Old 5 Jan 22, 09:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Red C
Imagineer

Following too as i read about the new DVC Digital cards being available to download on another Forum. Hopefully it's a glitch that they'll fix soon! I haven't tried it yet but will wait and see what happens. I much preferred having a physical blue card!
Mrs Red C is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 22, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Did you have a physical card, as in the original ones before they started dating them? Sorry I can't remember which year this started, but if so I wonder if they'd accept that?

I still have mine and it just stays member since 2002, there's no expiry date on it.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 22, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post
marlouwrig
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by PoohBears#1fan View Post
Did you have a physical card, as in the original ones before they started dating them? Sorry I can't remember which year this started, but if so I wonder if they'd accept that?

I still have mine and it just stays member since 2002, there's no expiry date on it.
We still have ours which says member since 2003 and no expiry date. If they don't accept them what will happen with people like DH who doesn't have and doesn't want a smart phone?

DVC Member BCV, BLT & VGC

Edited at 10:58 AM.
marlouwrig is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 22, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post
MissPiggy2012
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by PoohBears#1fan View Post

Our blue cards have an expiry date of 31 Dec 2021, these cards superseded the original cards which didn’t have an expiry date.
Old 5 Jan 22, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MissPiggy2012 View Post
Our blue cards have an expiry date of 31 Dec 2021, these cards superseded the original cards which didn’t have an expiry date.
I know, I was wondering if they'd accept it though if your husband didn't have a smart phone and needed to prove that he's a member...?

Assuming he has an original one, i have no idea when they stopped giving them out.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 22, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Red C
Imagineer

Ours had the 31st Dec 2021 expiry date on, cards were issued 2018. We've a direct and resale contract, so I hope they sort it out soon. I haven't tried the Mobile Magic bit on the App yet either.
Mrs Red C is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 22, 06:07 PM  
Link to this Post
LISAM
Imagineer

I’m being a bit thick but I can see my membership on MDE but not hubby’s? How would he prove he’s a member if he wants discount in a shop?
Old 5 Jan 22, 06:14 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
They wouldn’t accept our old cards in 2019. We were able to get a digital card on the website which we used. I can still get that now.

Is it possible to get a login for your husband? Mine rarely logs in but he is able to download a card.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 22, 06:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by LISAM View Post
I’m being a bit thick but I can see my membership on MDE but not hubby’s? How would he prove he’s a member if he wants discount in a shop?
Has he got his own MDE account? He needs one, and the app on his phone to show his membership details.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List