Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 6 Jan 22, 09:00 AM  
Link to this Post
aj2703
slightly serious Dibber

Don't you think it's a bit ironic...

how France closed their borders to us saying our infection rates were high yet yesterday they recorded 332,000 cases in one day which is higher then we have ever had (i think).
aj2703 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 22, 09:09 AM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

I think sadly we are dealing with the unknown, and if France hadn’t closed it’s borders we would no doubt be blamed for those numbers now.

The Governments from each country have to make decisions and I guess France decided it would be made worse, or certainly look worse, by letting us in. Maybe those numbers might of been even worse than they are now if we’d still been allowed in - we just don’t know.

It’s rubbish everywhere at the moment and we just don’t know what are the right and wrong solutions, we are just all watching it play out and hoping for the best with whatever policies our governments choose to adopt!
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 22, 05:50 AM  
Link to this Post
aj2703
slightly serious Dibber

It certainly is rubbish, just annoys me how we seem to be targeted as the cause to blame when those casting that assumption are in an even worse position after having shut us out...

Lets hope they open up soon, so at least some members can have their holidays.
aj2703 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 22, 07:41 AM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Mobile

Totally rubbish, I’m just about to cancel our Feb half term trip. And hopefully look to rebook for 2023. This will be the second time we have cancelled for Feb half term. Oh well, at least Marvel Campus might be open by next Feb.
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 22, 08:08 AM  
Link to this Post
aj2703
slightly serious Dibber

I feel for you. I should be going the week after next but I cancelled and extended our stay in London.
Old 8 Jan 22, 10:10 AM  
Link to this Post
rking89
Getting Excited

French love a moan about the English. I saw a report about them moaning about English being put as a 2nd language on their drivers licence.

Paris 06, 19, 22?
rking89 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 22, 10:13 AM  
Link to this Post
aj2703
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by rking89 View Post
french love a moan about the english. I saw a report about them moaning about english being put as a 2nd language on their drivers licence.
lol...
Old 8 Jan 22, 06:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Latics
Apprentice Imagineer

Latics's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Gabriel Attal who is the French government spokesman has said that there will be an announcement in the coming days. He said that our infection rates are at a similar level. They are already relaxing the rules for business travel.
Latics is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 22, 06:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

I’ve just read that France are thinking of relaxing rules. Sadly, too late for our trip as we cancelled.
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 22, 06:58 PM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Mobile

Typical, although tbh I’m glad we made the decision to cancel. No pool, testing, masks was all just going to alter the experience.
Onward and upward.
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List