Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 9 Jan 22, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Pob
Helping Mickey

Saratoga Springs refurb

Hi, we’re booked to go at end of March, just wondering if anybody knows whether all the guest rooms have been refurbed at Saratoga Springs yet? I can see updates online from mid 2021 but haven’t managed to find anything which says it’s all complete yet. Thank you.
Pob is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 22, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
dippiedawnie
Imagineer

I was just about to ask if the tree houses have been refurbed as we have chance to stay in one in June so hope you don’t mind adding that question here 😬. Hopefully someone will know the answer to both questions.

WDW too many times to count
DL 1999
Paris 1996
dippiedawnie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 22, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

All rooms refurbed save Treehouses which are not scheduled to be done.

I can confirm the rooms (at least the 1 beds) are incredibly nice- nicest room we have stayed in at Disney and maybe anywhere really in the 1 bed as the space is so nice and we had a corner unit which seemed very large.

Treehouses have a rustic vibe, the main rooms now have an upmarket vibe.

The lobby is also renovated.

There was no building work anywhere over Xmas. I hear an unsubstantiated rumour that a Turf Club refurb may eventually be on the cards, allegedly came from a manager.

Edited at 10:15 PM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 22, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
tinkerella123
Imagineer

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
All rooms refurbed save Treehouses which are not scheduled to be done.

I can confirm the rooms (at least the 1 beds) are incredibly nice- nicest room we have stayed in at Disney and maybe anywhere really in the 1 bed as the space is so nice and we had a corner unit which seemed very large.

Treehouses have a rustic vibe, the main rooms now have an upmarket vibe.

The lobby is also renovated.

There was no building work anywhere over Xmas. I hear an unsubstantiated rumour that a Turf Club refurb may eventually be on the cards, allegedly came from a manager.
Yes the 1 bedrooms are fantastic, stayed there last week, great that my two kids had their own bed and not have to share a pull out sofa. Prefer to stay here now than any other resort, we’ll until they all upgrade the same as sarotoga. This was Dvc so not sure if all the rooms are the same.
tinkerella123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 22, 10:55 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by tinkerella123 View Post
Yes the 1 bedrooms are fantastic, stayed there last week, great that my two kids had their own bed and not have to share a pull out sofa. Prefer to stay here now than any other resort, we’ll until they all upgrade the same as sarotoga. This was Dvc so not sure if all the rooms are the same.
Yes they are all the same, it’s all DVC it’s just DVC via Disney rent out some as cash stays. My daughter (17 but 5’2”) loved the pull down, my son loved the Murphy Sofa, and Mrs YT and myself loved the luxurious King. The room was so quiet we never heard a peep. It was heaven. It’s now our number 1 resort as I keep saying.
I am a little perturbed though about the mention of ‘possible removal of pull down bed’ on the 2023 points charts at the bottom- seems strange, may follow up with DVC on that.

Edited at 10:58 PM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 22, 12:11 AM  
Link to this Post
dippiedawnie
Imagineer

Thanks for replies- might change to a 2 bed refurb rather than a treehouse as the reverb rooms sound really nice.

WDW too many times to count
DL 1999
Paris 1996
dippiedawnie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 22, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by dippiedawnie View Post
Thanks for replies- might change to a 2 bed refurb rather than a treehouse as the reverb rooms sound really nice.
Treehouses are really unique and good space for the points so it depends what you want, but yes, nowhere near as fancy as the refurbed rooms as they have a much more rustic vibe. Think cabin vs 5 star hotel. They are also quite a way away from anything which can be good or bad depending on your point of view. They even have their own entrance and swimming pool. May be a pain if you like to visit quick serve, gym, main pool etc. Standard Grandstand is hard to beat.

Edited at 10:03 AM.
Old 11 Jan 22, 11:18 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by dippiedawnie View Post
We had a treehouse for 2 weeks in 2016 and absolutely adored it, but they really are like marmite, the things we loved are exactly the things you see that others disliked.

We'd loved the quiet, the feeling away from it, waking up to the sounds of the frog chorus in the mornings, BBQ ing, being able to park outside (we never had an issue, although it's something I see lots complaining about), the quiet pool was a complete oasis and we very often had it to ourselves, and the treehouse itself was just gorgeous.

We don't really do QS though and are more than happy to drive to the parks rather than wait for buses. If QS and bus transfer was my priority I'd maybe have a different view.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 22, 05:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Pob
Helping Mickey

Thanks for all the replies. We have a 2 bed booked having stayed in a 2 bed at OKW previously, really looking forward to going to Saratoga (fingers crossed!).
Pob is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List