Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 9 Jan 22, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post
tink111
Apprentice Imagineer

tink111's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Pescatarian/Veggie Restaurant Choices

Me and my partner have recently decided to try going pescatarian.

All going well with this new diet change I now need to change my ADR choices from steakhouses to places that cater for vegetarian or fish choices! From what Ive seen so far many places seem to offer only one veggie option and the menus are super limited.

I have read that a few restaurants do have a vegetarian menu but can't seem to find these anywhere. Ive seen Sanaa being mentioned for this and this is on my list anyway so im pretty happy about that!

Ive also picked paddlefish, the boathouse, mortimo Asia & Tepan edo so far. Looking for table service recommendations with the most variety of veggie /fish options- particularly in the magic kingdom resort area but everywhere really.

Any QS or snacks we should look out for too as ive got to change my food picks now

Thanks for any info you guys may have
tink111 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 22, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
We love Jungle Skipper Canteen in MK. They have several veggie and one fish choice on the Menu. The Plaza has an impossible burger on the menu currently as well as crab cakes if that’s more your thing.

We love the grilled corn from AK and they also have hummus and veggie dipper packs. Satuli Canteen and Nomad Lounge in Ak also have some great veggie/pescatarian options. I think you will be surprised by the choices you actually have.
Sparksy72 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 22, 07:21 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

For MK area, Kona Cafe at the Poly. Lots of fish and veggie options on the menu and something a bit different from the usual American fare. It's my favourite breakfast restaurant on property as well.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 22, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
tink111
Apprentice Imagineer

tink111's Reviews
Originally Posted by Sparksy72 View Post
We love Jungle Skipper Canteen in MK. They have several veggie and one fish choice on the Menu. The Plaza has an impossible burger on the menu currently as well as crab cakes if that’s more your thing.

We love the grilled corn from AK and they also have hummus and veggie dipper packs. Satuli Canteen and Nomad Lounge in Ak also have some great veggie/pescatarian options. I think you will be surprised by the choices you actually have.
Thanks for this - I had jungle skipper canteen in mind previously so will revisit this Also wanted to lunch at nomad lounge so this is good news
tink111 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 22, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
tink111
Apprentice Imagineer

tink111's Reviews
Originally Posted by loldis View Post
For MK area, Kona Cafe at the Poly. Lots of fish and veggie options on the menu and something a bit different from the usual American fare. It's my favourite breakfast restaurant on property as well.
Thanks ive not actually looked here! ill take a look at the menus
Old 9 Jan 22, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Welsh_Dragon
Proud to wear my Ears

Wolfgang Puck had lots of fish options and WBG has many vegetarian options and a whole grilled sea bass. The tuna bowl at Nomads is delicious. GFC had lobster benedict and Columbia Harbour House has some decent options, although the lobster roll is very mayonnaise heavy. I think that you will be pleasantly surprised how many restaurants have fish options that you will enjoy.
Welsh_Dragon is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 22, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post
bronny
VIP Dibber

Magic Kingdom - Skippers Canteen, The Plaza, Pecos Bills
DHS - Star Wars land has a veggie Ronto wrap option, Hollywood Brown Derby, sci-fi dine in
Epcot - Spice Road Table, Garden Grill, Biergarten, Akershus, the new creperie in France, the food booths at festivals often have veggie options, Coral Reef is fish centric, Via Napoli
Animal Kingdom - best QS by far is Satuuli Canteen, Tusker House, Tiffins, Harambe Marketplace, Yak and Yet do a tuna nachos which people rave about
Resorts - Animal kingdom lodge all restaurants are excellent for veggies, California grill for sushi, Beach Club has a seafood buffet at Cape May as well
Disney Springs - Jaleo, Paddlefish, Blaze Pizza
POFQ December 2016
POFQ and Eagle Pointe - Sep 2018
Briar Grove villa, Hard Rock, wilderness lodge and Miami twice Christmas 2019

bronny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 22, 08:34 AM  
Link to this Post
tink111
Apprentice Imagineer

tink111's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by bronny View Post
Magic Kingdom - Skippers Canteen, The Plaza, Pecos Bills
DHS - Star Wars land has a veggie Ronto wrap option, Hollywood Brown Derby, sci-fi dine in
Epcot - Spice Road Table, Garden Grill, Biergarten, Akershus, the new creperie in France, the food booths at festivals often have veggie options, Coral Reef is fish centric, Via Napoli
Animal Kingdom - best QS by far is Satuuli Canteen, Tusker House, Tiffins, Harambe Marketplace, Yak and Yet do a tuna nachos which people rave about
Resorts - Animal kingdom lodge all restaurants are excellent for veggies, California grill for sushi, Beach Club has a seafood buffet at Cape May as well
Disney Springs - Jaleo, Paddlefish, Blaze Pizza
Thank you! This is a huge list and super helpful. Will keep me busy looking at all of there for sure
Old 10 Jan 22, 08:35 AM  
Link to this Post
tink111
Apprentice Imagineer

tink111's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Welsh_Dragon View Post
Wolfgang Puck had lots of fish options and WBG has many vegetarian options and a whole grilled sea bass. The tuna bowl at Nomads is delicious. GFC had lobster benedict and Columbia Harbour House has some decent options, although the lobster roll is very mayonnaise heavy. I think that you will be pleasantly surprised how many restaurants have fish options that you will enjoy.
Thank you for this. Columbia harbour is on the list I think. I did look at WBG too and was on my original list.. I’ll revisit this . Thanks again for your help!
Old 12 Jan 22, 06:44 PM  
Link to this Post
moosha
VIP Dibber

We’re vegan and our favourite meal in December was Jaleo (quite a few options and we enjoyed the tapas style, the patatas bravas were delicious and the vegan paella was good too but expensive for a small portion.)

We also really enjoyed the vegan fish and chips at Rose and Crown, best vegan ‘fish’ I’ve had and even came with vegan tartare sauce.

The Impossible burgers at House of Blues are very good too. And Beyond burgers at the Edison impressed when we went in 2020.

We weren’t so happy with Skipper Canteen this trip, the food was pretty average and the service was rubbish, whereas it had been one of my absolute favourites in 2018.

The plant-based Thanksgiving Feast option at Liberty Tree Tavern was nice and something a bit different (impossible meatloaf with mash and vegetables) but it was very expensive.

The vegan totchos at Woody’s Lunch Box are probably my favourite counter service option, and the vegan loaded slaw dog at Casey’s Corner is very good too.

The felucian spread at Docking Bay 7 is nice for something different too.

Satu’li Canteen’s bowls used to be good too, hopefully they still are.

We really struggled with counter service breakfast options in the parks as vegans but the triple suns breakfast wrap at Ronto Roasters was very good and nice and spicy.

Next trip we’re probably going to go back to Tusker House as that was always a favourite before the closure. Same with Crystal Palace but I’m definitely checking the options before booking as I’d prefer the old buffets with lots of vegan options to family style.

We might brave Yak and Yeti for the first time in a long time next trip as we had two terrible service experiences there, but it’s a big favourite for lots of vegetarians and pescatarians I believe.

Half the family made it to O’hana in December and I think the vegan dinner option there is pretty good although I didn’t go but again, very expensive as it’s a per person charge for all you care to eat.

We went to Tiffins on Christmas Day and found the food a bit average and very expensive (obviously, it’s a Signature.)
moosha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List