Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 12 Jan 22, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post
JulieB01
VIP Dibber

JulieB01's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We maxed out the CC on our trip in November, and got the the stage where we said thats it we have spent enough.
Yet the list of things to be done gets ever longer. Come May we are planning to paint the interior, maybe replace TV's in bedrooms and goodness knows what else, though we will only have 2 and a bit weeks then

Welcome to our own Home From Home

4 bed/3 bath Golf Course Villa with Pool and Games Room

Updated carpets and kitchen appliances in 2021

JulieB01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 22, 11:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Susan Coleman
Imagineer

Susan Coleman's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
You can never keep up with what is flavour of the moment..
I recently had a possible guest who did not book in the end. they liked the villa but said they liked the decor of other one .
I did say not all grey...and she came back yes all grey and silver!
I think that a grey palette is cold, but that does not matter in sunny florida o much..except that grey is also dull and depressing
Each to their own, but I have always loved Florida for the big blue sky, blue lakes and golden sun
I prefer gently colourful, a happy home
Relax with drinks on the south facing pool terrace...
All day sun..fabulous lake view...beautiful sunsets...
Disney magic in professionally themed Mickey's room!

http://www.disneyvillaaurora.com
New pool mosaics and lights!
Susan Coleman is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 22, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Glyndsey
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Originally Posted by steve@mac155.f View Post
Mine can go in the pool as well lol but I prefer it to be put in the garage if some big wind is expected 😅
Hi Steve

Just checking is your villa bookings up todate ? Looks lovely there, before I try and persuade Husband that it is no bother to swap Villas in the middle of a stay !
Glyndsey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 22, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
steve@mac155.f
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Originally Posted by Glyndsey View Post
Hi Steve

Just checking is your villa bookings up todate ? Looks lovely there, before I try and persuade Husband that it is no bother to swap Villas in the middle of a stay !
Hi

Yes my calendar on the website is up to date, drop me a message with the dates you are looking at.

Steve
steve@mac155.f is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 22, 02:52 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DeepAK4 View Post
It is Palm Casual furniture -all very expensive but keeps its' looks and extremely hard wearing.

It must be very difficult choosing a villa to rent. There are so many to choose from and it all depends on what your priorities are.
Plus it comes with a lifetime warranty and can actually be repaired. It is also simple to restuff or even replace cushions. That can be impossible with other brands. My SIL had to replace hers because it was impossible to find replacement cushions.
Old 15 Jan 22, 02:54 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Dark wooden kitchens here aren't necessarily dated at all. A look at the kitchen section in Lowes would probably shock most Brits.
Old 17 Jan 22, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
landandword17
Imagineer

I don’t like the modern British decor. When we were buying we looked at the show houses in a few new estates and they were cold and clinical and felt out of place on a freezing winter morning. Some of my friends’ homes border on “fancy medical centre” too much grey, light blue and white.

We’re not villa people but we’d be very easy to please. Our own house is nothing special, bog standard and I’d take a full on “Golden Girls” decor because it would be different from what I have a home which is what the holidays are all about to me. But putting myself in a villa owners shoes I don’t know how you’d please everyone. Punters coming from all backgrounds in the U.K., the US and Canada….what one hates the other will consider the height of modern decor 🤷 I was in a frighteningly expensive LA hotel and a lady at the checkin was throwing a strop because this 100 year old hotel didn’t have his and hers sinks like she had at home. Ah the public…so glad I don’t have to deal with them anymore 😄 But the Dibb villas here are all smashing and the effort owners put into them is admirable.

Edited at 11:25 AM.
landandword17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 22, 11:21 AM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

I am really not fussed about the colour a villa walls are painted, it's for a holiday. When selecting a place to stay I want:

It to be clean, very clean
I want comfortable clean furniture,
Good electrical appliances
Hot showers any time of day
Efficient a/c or heating
Privacy
A nice view
Parking beside the house
Communicative landlord.

A holiday home is so different from home but these would be my top needs. We VRBO or airbnb all over the world, currently have bookings in Florida, Texas and Juneau. I start with an email to the landlord, depending on the reply and speed to respond I may book or move on.
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 22, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

We have just replaced 3 mattresses and we were saying it's like the three bears, too hard too soft so we have gone for the middle which will be too soft for some and too hard for others. They feel perfect to me though and they certainly aren't the cheapest option.

We tend to have another annual holiday in the dreaded 4/5* AI in Europe or Caribbean and I always love to see the local architectural touches. I really don't want to stay in the worldwide equivalent of a Premier Inn much as I like them in the UK.

Edited at 11:39 AM.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 22, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
We have just replaced 3 mattresses and we were saying it's like the three bears, too hard too soft so we have gone for the middle which will be too soft for some and too hard for others. They feel perfect to me though and they aren't cheap.
Sue I agree, villas are like hotels the mattresses won't be perfect for everyone.

I like hard beds but medium is fine on holiday. As long as its clean has a good mattress protector (also clean) and has no crap under the bed it's good but agree a decent mattress is costly.
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List