Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 10 Jan 22, 05:44 PM  
Link to this Post
littlefeet1972
Apprentice Imagineer

Washington DC to New York

Hi all need some help with planning this trip.
We are a family of 4. Myself husband and two daughters aged 18 and 13. We are looking to fly into Washington for a 5 day stay. So need advice as where to stay and places to visit.
Then we are thinking of hiring a car a taking out time to travel up to New York by stopping of at Philly and Baltimore maybe. Then spend a week in New York. Then again place to stay and visit.

How do I get flight prices for the two destinations

Places to visit and places to stay.

The. Car hire.

Thanks in advance.
littlefeet1972 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 22, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post
sparklegirl
VIP Dibber

Hiya

you can do a customise your trip in British airways holidays. They allow multi destination and multiple hotels as well as car hire. Consider the Amtrak between the two cities as well. I have done it between New York and DC and it was so easy. Takes around 4 hours and stops at Baltimore and Philadelphia too. It takes you right into the centre of the cities and you can get off and not have to worry about parking or hotel parking charges which can be insane. I would recommend Philadelphia over Baltimore if you had to choose one.

For DC there is loads of places to stay. Alexandria is lovely and has a metro stop as well as an Amtrak stop so easy access into the centre of town for the museums etc and also nice places to eat and drink in the evening. We have stayed on Embassy Row as well and all the hotels there are also lovely. Its a fairly compact city to get around with either the really great metro system or walking.

This year we are doing Boston for 4 night and DC for 6 before picking up a car and staying with family in Virginia. We are staying at Doubletree at Crystal City but we have been before and know our way round pretty well. I love DC its my absolute favourite city to visit.
sparklegirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 22, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
littlefeet1972
Apprentice Imagineer

Thank you so much for you reply. Great information.
Really don’t know where to start.
Thanks again.
littlefeet1972 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 22, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post
sparklegirl
VIP Dibber

Just send me a message if I can help with anything else. You can get the metro maps etc on the internet and Amtrak is pretty inexpensive especially when you consider car hire and fuel. I travelled as a single female at the time and felt super safe. I would do it again in a heartbeat. We are flying from Boston to DC this year but only cos it’s a looooooooooong train journey
sparklegirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 22, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
LOU LOU DISNEY
VIP Dibber

We’re going to DC for 5 days in March. We’re staying in the Hyatt Place US capitol & it’s seems very close to all the main attractions. We’ve booked a night tour & we hope to get tickets for the Washington monument, we can only try for these the day before we want to go so fingers crossed! There’s loads more to do from all the museums & monuments & we’ll go to Arlington too. I just hope 5 days is enough! Really looking forward to this trip as I’ve always wanted to go!
Any other tips or places to visit are welcome!

✨Disneyland Paris - 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 17 x3, 18, 19x2, 22, 24.
✨Disneyworld Florida - 08, 14, 15, 17, 25.
✨Disneyland Tokyo & Disney Sea - 2016.
✨Disneyland California - 2018, 2023
✨Disney Magic 🚢 - 2021
⭐️NYC - 2016, 2017, 2019.
⭐️Las Vegas, Grand Canyon -2018
⭐️San Francisco, Las Vegas & Antelope Canyon -19 ⭐️Washington DC - 22⭐️LA/Anaheim-23 ⭐️Seattle -24
LOU LOU DISNEY is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 22, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
littlefeet1972
Apprentice Imagineer

Hi Sparklegirl I have just do the search on British airways which has come up with a great offer so a big thank you.

It has given us the The Ven hotel at embassy row.

Is this hotel in the right area for all the sights.

Thank you.
Old 12 Jan 22, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
sparklegirl
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by littlefeet1972 View Post
Hi Sparklegirl I have just do the search on British airways which has come up with a great offer so a big thank you.

It has given us the The Ven hotel at embassy row.

Is this hotel in the right area for all the sights.

Thank you.
that looks fine, its actually one we considered. You can walk to Georgetown and its next to the metro at Dupont Circle. Its
on the red line and the metro is brilliant there.
Old 13 Jan 22, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post
littlefeet1972
Apprentice Imagineer

Thank you. Could you tell me the must things to do in Washington Sparklegirl.

Thanks again.
Old 13 Jan 22, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
sizzle
Very Serious Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 11
We did NY, Philly and Washington DC last month but travelled by Amtrak rather than hire a car.

We stayed in the financial centre in NY at the Hilton Garden Inn, which might not suit everyone depending on what you intend doing. The hotel was fine and very reasonably priced compared to everywhere else.

In Philly we stayed at the Kimpton Hotel Monaco which was amazing. It’s round the corner from the Hop on Hop of Bus stop and opposite the Independence Hall.

In Washington we stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn WDC Downtown, lovely hotel and only a few minutes around the corner from the White House and all the attractions and more importantly the Cheesecake Factory.
Old 13 Jan 22, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
florida addict
Imagineer

florida addict's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Was just coming on to post about Washington
I have a work conference in May and staying at the Gaylord resort

Just trying to see where else i could visit for 3 or 4 extra days also
And also considering if its worth DH coming at the end of the conference and doing something together or just me

Fancied nashville as cancelled in 2020 but its 10 hr drive from DC