Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 12 Jan 22, 11:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Nelly7
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by sam7 View Post
When I went to NY I considered the passes, but then I read an article that say make a list of you must dos and would like to do. Look at the price of going into them then compare the pass prices. All of them worked out much more expensive that paying at the time. My big tip is split your list into upper/lower and mid New York and visit attractions that are in the same area to avoid lots of travel time - also take advantage of the fact you will be awake early and visit busy attractions like Empire State and Top of the Rock as they open
A useful tip to make sure you group attractions into the different areas, something I was planning.
Nelly7 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 22, 11:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Nelly7
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Floridadreams View Post
And do not believe the tip I read on some forum (maybe TripAdvisor?) to go to the Empire State building after maybe 11pm (can’t remember the exact time!) to avoid the queues! It’s all lies! It was amazing being up there at night though having done The Rock during the day
We will probably see how we go with timings, but certainly want to go up one of the towers at night
Nelly7 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 22, 11:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I went in November. I didn’t use the covid app - I just showed my NHS vaccination pass and photo ID.
I bought the New York pass after a recommendation on here. It actually encouraged me do do more that I would have done otherwise. I e been to New York several times before and the pass encouraged me to do new things and revisit a lot of the main attractions I’d been to before as they were “free”. If I had a space in my day I went onto the app and looked what was local and included.
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 22, 11:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S

Colette-S's Reviews
Originally Posted by Nelly7 View Post
We will probably see how we go with timings, but certainly want to go up one of the towers at night
I did the Empire State at night this time and I’ve done TOTR at night on a previous visit. I did the various skyscrapers at different times using the New York Pass
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 22, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post
porridge
Apprentice Imagineer

We got back Christmas Eve, and had an amazing time. It was our first time, and definitely want to return!

We used the nyc covid safe app. We used it, as we didn’t want to carry our passports around everywhere, and saw it recommended. It’s easy to use, and the restaurant/attraction staff are used to seeing it, so it was very quick. It’s a bit like Apple wallet really - you upload your vaccine certificate, passport photo, and test result. You don’t really need your test result on there, but we added it anyway. The pass was accepted everywhere we went.

We didn’t use attraction passes. I’d say if you go at a quiet time of year, they’d be great. We booked each attraction separately, but at 9/11 people with passes were turned away as they were fully booked for that day. But when we went it was one of the busiest times of the year, so if you go now you should be ok with passes.
porridge is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 22, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Nelly7
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by porridge View Post
We got back Christmas Eve, and had an amazing time. It was our first time, and definitely want to return!

We used the nyc covid safe app. We used it, as we didn’t want to carry our passports around everywhere, and saw it recommended. It’s easy to use, and the restaurant/attraction staff are used to seeing it, so it was very quick. It’s a bit like Apple wallet really - you upload your vaccine certificate, passport photo, and test result. You don’t really need your test result on there, but we added it anyway. The pass was accepted everywhere we went.

We didn’t use attraction passes. I’d say if you go at a quiet time of year, they’d be great. We booked each attraction separately, but at 9/11 people with passes were turned away as they were fully booked for that day. But when we went it was one of the busiest times of the year, so if you go now you should be ok with passes.
Thanks for that, very helpful
Old 14 Jan 22, 02:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Frankie & gang
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We’re going to NY in April, mine & DH 2nd visit, DS24 & DD21 1st time. We bought passes last time & found them good. Thinking of Explorer pass 7 visits, but need to add up the cost of places we want to visit to make sure it is cheaper with the pass.
We will be booking Frankies Legs - pedicab in Central Park. We thought it was brilliant last time.
I wasn’t thinking of doing the ride but am now wondering if our DS & DD would enjoy it
Old 14 Jan 22, 03:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S

Colette-S's Reviews
Originally Posted by Frankie & gang View Post
We’re going to NY in April, mine & DH 2nd visit, DS24 & DD21 1st time. We bought passes last time & found them good. Thinking of Explorer pass 7 visits, but need to add up the cost of places we want to visit to make sure it is cheaper with the pass.
We will be booking Frankies Legs - pedicab in Central Park. We thought it was brilliant last time.
I wasn’t thinking of doing the ride but am now wondering if our DS & DD would enjoy it
I really enjoyed the ride but not convinced it’s good for teenagers/young adults unless they are particularly into theatrical stuff. I used it on my New York pass and would do it again that was but I wouldn’t pay full price
Old 14 Jan 22, 03:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Brennanhough
Excited about Disney

Were supposed to be going to NY in May - but we are travelling with a 5 year old. Need to be vaccinated in order to go more or less anywhere and we cant get the vaccine over here yet for children anyway.

Looks like we may need to change
Brennanhough is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 22, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S

Colette-S's Reviews
Originally Posted by Brennanhough View Post
Were supposed to be going to NY in May - but we are travelling with a 5 year old. Need to be vaccinated in order to go more or less anywhere and we cant get the vaccine over here yet for children anyway.

Looks like we may need to change
Plenty of outdoor attractions and lots of outdoor dining available