Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 15 Jan 22, 08:06 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Thank you Princess Alison, that’s amazing detail.

We have been to Maui and Oahu a couple of times and BI only once, but the volcano was completely silent (cool to see the caldera though). I would really like to go back to Hawaii this year but I’m deterred by the impact the pandemic seems to have had on it

Thailand and Malaysia are on my short list but I’m not sure they are viable in 2022. Japan, too - that was planned for DH’s 50th birthday in 2020 !

Edited at 08:09 PM.
KarenG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 22, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Alison
Imagineer

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
Thank you Princess Alison, that’s amazing detail.

We have been to Maui and Oahu a couple of times and BI only once, but the volcano was completely silent (cool to see the caldera though). I would really like to go back to Hawaii this year but I’m deterred by the impact the pandemic seems to have had on it
We were also hoping to go back but now thinking Greece - I absolutely love the Greek islands.

We were very lucky when visiting the volcano park as it was the year before it erupted and we had a brief break in the clouds to see the orange bubbling lava.

Princess Alison is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 22, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Amazing photo Alison

We went to Corfu last October - never been to Greece before - absolutely loved it!
Old 15 Jan 22, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Carnard
Gone all Goofy

We went there on our honeymoon. It was amazing, even better than the pictures! We went for three weeks. Outbound via Auckland, where we spent three nights. Then into Tahiti (x1 night), ferry over to Moorea. Then flew to Bora Bora (I’m terrified of flying but the view from the plane window was phenomenal). We spent a few nights on the ‘mainland’ of Bora Bora before going to the St Regis which in effect is its own island. Our trip was a mix of exploring the islands, a number of trips out snorkelling, swimming with sharks/rays, seeing dolphins and even a whale. We’ve been lucky to travel a fair bit but it really did wow us. Thé return flights to the UK were really hard … 30hours, as had to fly back to Tahiti, into LAX and then london. If I was doing it again I would have had a couple of days in LA/west coast
Carnard is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 22, 11:07 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Thank you Carnard, it sounds wonderful! (Not the 30 hour journey 😱 )
Old 17 Jan 22, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

I had clients stay at The Brando as part of their round the world trip and they loved it
Lots of travel time and flight connections involved though
Bora Bora is stunning and on my list
It’s certainly not a budget destination so as long as you have the time and a healthy budget
Most couples that have enquired have ended up going to the Maldives as the flight is easier and you get the over water bungalows for less on all inclusive

Look on YouTube at Trev and chels
They’ve done a great series on their trip

Edited at 01:48 PM.
aqualiv is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 22, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
Amazing photo Alison

We went to Corfu last October - never been to Greece before - absolutely loved it!
We did Corfu for the first time too and then a Greek island cruise in October
I loved Mykonos