Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 15 Jan 22, 11:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Jessika
Apprentice Imagineer

Griffith Park

Good morning Dibbers, I’m hoping someone can help. I’m considering booking a week away for February half term and would love to snap a pic of the Hollywood sign. My soon to be 15 year old will also be travelling and will only have received one jab due to catching COVID in October which knocked out her initial jab due to the 12 week timescale between a positive test and jab. The Griffith centre do not accept negative test certification. Is there any chance we can visit a different location to take a pic?
Jessika is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 22, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Jessika View Post
Good morning Dibbers, I’m hoping someone can help. I’m considering booking a week away for February half term and would love to snap a pic of the Hollywood sign. My soon to be 15 year old will also be travelling and will only have received one jab due to catching COVID in October which knocked out her initial jab due to the 12 week timescale between a positive test and jab. The Griffith centre do not accept negative test certification. Is there any chance we can visit a different location to take a pic?
The Hollywood sign can be sign from many places around LA.

The most easy to get to viewing place is on the upper level of Hollywood and Highland Mall, beside California Pizza Kitchen. There is a proper photo op sit up on the back wall. Hollywood and Highland Mall is next door to The Chinese Theatre / most popular part of The Hollywood Boulevard Walk of Fame.

Hollywood part of LA is like New York, all the streets are in a grid, so basically anywhere in Hollywood where you can get a clear view up to the Hollywood Hills you should be able to see it.

Bad Pink Tink is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 22, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

There is a shopping centre complex called Hollywood & Highland that offers great views from one of their outer terraces but I am not sure of the current rules for entry . Over the years I have taken some great pics from there ( see one below of mine - and it is ever busy - bit of a hidden gem) - its near Dolby theatre

Edited at 11:39 AM.
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 22, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
There is a shopping centre complex called Hollywood & Highland that offers great views from one of their outer terraces but I am not sure of the current rules for entry . Over the years I have taken some great pics from there (and it is ever busy - bit of a hidden gem) - its near Dolby theatre
Great minds think alike

Hollywood and Highland Mall is an outdoor mall, so anyone can walk around and go up to the photo op area. Its only if you want to eat in a restaurant that you need proof of vaccine or a negative test.
Bad Pink Tink is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 22, 11:43 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bad Pink Tink View Post
Great minds think alike

Hollywood and Highland Mall is an outdoor mall, so anyone can walk around and go up to the photo op area. Its only if you want to eat in a restaurant that you need proof of vaccine or a negative test.
LOL indeed

Even the outdoor area of Griffith you need to show you have ben jabbed (no exceptions) was wondering how widespread this was becoming now gut guess you are righ
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 22, 11:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
LOL indeed

Even the outdoor area of Griffith you need to show you have ben jabbed (no exceptions) was wondering how widespread this was becoming now gut guess you are righ
Thats because it is a National Park and under Federal jurisdiction. Outdoor malls are not under Federal jurisdiction.
Old 15 Jan 22, 12:10 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bad Pink Tink View Post
Thats because it is a National Park and under Federal jurisdiction. Outdoor malls are not under Federal jurisdiction.
I am aware of that but some places have stricter rules than others - eg bars in PS are jabbed (inc booster) only inc this outside space and no exceptions so just pondered, nothing more, if this centre being private owned had any rules - outdoors or not
Old 15 Jan 22, 12:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Jessika
Apprentice Imagineer

I’d ruled the mall out as thought she’d need to be jabbed and would be a bit worried we’d be asked for proof. She will have been tested though as we are hoping to visit universal and they are allowing proof of negative tests and so this maybe an option. Thank you for your help.
Jessika is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 22, 12:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

I’d ruled the mall out as thought she’d need to be jabbed and would be a bit worried we’d be asked for proof. She will have been tested though as we are hoping to visit universal and they are allowing proof of negative tests and so this maybe an option. Thank you for your help.
Local laws in LA County are the ones who set the Covid restrictions. You need to read SAFEPASS LA website

On October 7, 2021, the City of Los Angeles adopted an to require proof of a full COVID-19 vaccination to enter the indoor portions of food establishments, gyms, entertainment and recreational locations, personal care establishments, and outdoor events within the City, as well as certain City facilities.

Thats why vaccine proof is needed for Universal Studios in Burbank but not Disneyland in Anaheim.

However, Universal Citywalk , an outdoor mall does not require proof of vaccine to walk around but to eat in a restaurant at Universal Citywalk you do need to show proof of vaccine.

Thats also the reason megaflyer who recently visited Palm Springs had different requirements and restrictions.
Old 15 Jan 22, 12:28 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

I wouldn’t rule it out - i can see nothing on their website to suggest you need to be jabbed.