Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 15 Jan 22, 12:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Jessika
Apprentice Imagineer

Thanks both for your very helpful advice. I won’t rule the mall out yet whilst I continue to search for an outdoor park area that allows a negative test.
Jessika is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 22, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Jessika View Post
Thanks both for your very helpful advice. I won’t rule the mall out yet whilst I continue to search for an outdoor park area that allows a negative test.
Why do you want to specifically go to a park? The sign can be seen from many places on Hollywood Boulevard, all you have to do is just go to an intersection and look up towards the hills.

Other than Griffith Park, there is no other park area in the Hollywood area that you can see the sign from.

Also I think you are mis understanding the requirements. As far as I can see the vaccine requirement is for the INDOOR Observatory at Griffith Park. To just be in the park you need to wear a mask.

This is the website for all the parks in LA County City of Los Angeles Department of Recreation and Parks

It states vaccine proof is require for INDOOR facilities. It does not mention anything except masks for outdoor facilities
Bad Pink Tink is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 22, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Jessika
Apprentice Imagineer

Hi I want to take a photo in front of the sign, ideally with my daughter in said photo is why I think a park would be preferable.

I’m put off of the mall option as it will probably involve one of us needing to use restroom facilities and so I’m guessing these would be INDOORS, having through no fault of her own only received one vaccination this won’t be an option. I ideally would like to do a park the car, pull over and snap the picture option if it exists.

I’m hoping I’m misunderstanding the Griffith park requirements as when I googled it said that a vaccination proof was required as we are good with wearing masks in the park.
Jessika is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 22, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Hi I want to take a photo in front of the sign, ideally with my daughter in said photo is why I think a park would be preferable.

I’m put off of the mall option as it will probably involve one of us needing to use restroom facilities and so I’m guessing these would be INDOORS, having through no fault of her own only received one vaccination this won’t be an option. I ideally would like to do a park the car, pull over and snap the picture option if it exists.

I’m hoping I’m misunderstanding the Griffith park requirements as when I googled it said that a vaccination proof was required as we are good with wearing masks in the park.
I know there are toilets on the 2nd floor (ISTR) at the front of the outdoor mall so you only need to enter as you would any restroom. You can take selfie photos with the sign in the background from there as I have some but I look frightful so wont post Incase I scare the horses !
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 22, 01:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

The restrooms at Hollywood and Highland are not really indoors. I doubt if you would need to show vaccine proof to use the restrooms at Hollywood and Highland. This is what it looks like, you don't have to go in anywhere, each shop and restaurant has an outside entrance, as do the restrooms.

Also you can't actually get a photo standing in front of the sign. Thats a common misconception people have about the sign.

You can have the sign in the background from all over Hollywood, but you can't do something like this (random photo from Google search)

Edited at 01:39 PM.
Bad Pink Tink is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 22, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

I ideally would like to do a park the car, pull over and snap the picture option if it exists.
You can do this at any street intersection in the general Hollywood area. You don't need to be in a park to get a photo of the sign
Old 15 Jan 22, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

This is photo I took when I was walking near the Airbnb I was staying at which was near Hollywood and Vine Metro station

Old 15 Jan 22, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Jessika
Apprentice Imagineer

Ah lovely, a photo with the sign in the background selfie style is what I meant!

I love the pic that you took bad pink think near your air B and B.

It would be such a shame to go to a mall without being able to go in any shops!
Old 15 Jan 22, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post
KayLouise
Very Serious Dibber

Would you consider a hike? You'll get way better photos than from the street. If you have a Google, there are a few different ones. We are planning on doing the Brush Canyon Trail next year with our kids.
You can also get a nice picture from Lake Hollywood Park.

Edited at 06:49 PM.
KayLouise is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 22, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Jessika
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by KayLouise View Post
Would you consider a hike? You'll get way better photos than from the street. If you have a Google, there are a few different ones. We are planning on doing the Brush Canyon Trail next year with our kids.
You can also get a nice picture from Lake Hollywood Park.
Yes I would definitely consider a hike and will look into this.