Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 18 Jan 22, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Andi
VIP Dibber

Help to Rent out a Reservation

I have points that once extended in April, hopefully, I will be transferring into Interval International.

I have never had to rent out points before but thought I would do a little trial with some that had already been extended until end of May 2022.

So I have booked 2 reservations for Easter, a 1 bed at BLT and a Studio at BLT for 16th April for 2 nights.

I thought in February I would put them on Facebook to see if they sell and if not cancel before holding and transfer as well.

I am having a panic about Facebook and wondering whether to go ahead or cancel.

Any advice/help on putting them on the site and payment in dollars through PayPal would be great.

Thanks

DVC - Animal Kingdom Lodge

International Drive 2002, All Star Movies 2005, Renaissance at Seaworld 2008, Rosen Plaza & POFQ 2010, Saratoga Springs Resort 2012, Hotel New York DLP 2013, Rosen Plaza and Old Key West 2014, AKL, BLT & SSR July 2015, Crowne Plaza NYC, AKL, Cabana Bay, AKL Nov 2017, Crowne Plaza NYC April 2018, Rosen Plaza, AKL and GFV August 2018, Australia Nov 2018, RCI Cruise August 2019, Rosen Plaza, Pop Century August 2022
Andi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 22, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Andi View Post
I have points that once extended in April, hopefully, I will be transferring into Interval International.

I have never had to rent out points before but thought I would do a little trial with some that had already been extended until end of May 2022.

So I have booked 2 reservations for Easter, a 1 bed at BLT and a Studio at BLT for 16th April for 2 nights.

I thought in February I would put them on Facebook to see if they sell and if not cancel before holding and transfer as well.

Any advice/help on putting them on the site and payment in dollars through PayPal would be great.

Thanks
Have you a price in mind that you are happy to sell them for?

The reason I ask is because whilst I’ve rented points on Facebook before, I’ve found lately there are lots of time wasters (people asking for different dates than you have etc) and people wanting something for next to nothing, or saying they are booking and then change their mind.

It feels like it’s switched to a buyers market in recent months, probably due to the number of us that have expiring points they need to get rid of quickly.

I ended up renting three out of four of my reservations out via David’s - it was less per point than I’d of possibly got on Facebook but without the stress. I still have a booking in April for a 1 bed value at AKV that hasn’t sold so I’m just hoping for a last minute buyer for that one! 👍
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 22, 02:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Andi
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by amy56 View Post
Have you a price in mind that you are happy to sell them for?

The reason I ask is because whilst I’ve rented points on Facebook before, I’ve found lately there are lots of time wasters (people asking for different dates than you have etc) and people wanting something for next to nothing, or saying they are booking and then change their mind.

It feels like it’s switched to a buyers market in recent months, probably due to the number of us that have expiring points they need to get rid of quickly. 👍
I was thinking of $15 per point but wouldn’t want messed around and looking at the limited availability I don’t think it would work to amend dates.

Thanks for reply.

International Drive 2002, All Star Movies 2005, Renaissance at Seaworld 2008, Rosen Plaza & POFQ 2010, Saratoga Springs Resort 2012, Hotel New York DLP 2013, Rosen Plaza and Old Key West 2014, AKL, BLT & SSR July 2015, Crowne Plaza NYC, AKL, Cabana Bay, AKL Nov 2017, Crowne Plaza NYC April 2018, Rosen Plaza, AKL and GFV August 2018, Australia Nov 2018, RCI Cruise August 2019, Rosen Plaza, Pop Century August 2022
Andi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 22, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
catlady
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 4

Thanks
I have rented 2 reservations on Facebook, one small one last year which I sold too cheap! Then a longer one last week in spring break, which I got a much better rate for? I found both easy, but they were both nice easy to deal with people?

The payment is a pain as I couldn't find any option other than PayPal? It takes a chunk when it knows you are going dollars to pounds unfortunately. My renters did friends and family, which cost them $4.99? I didn't know that, so might be a new thing? It was then around 4.4% of fees? I think? So make sure you don't sell too cheap?

Think some on here have a US bank account and then keep it in dollars? I don't, so unsure how that works?.
Old 18 Jan 22, 02:52 PM  
Link to this Post
catlady
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
I was thinking of $15 per point but wouldn’t want messed around and looking at the limited availability I don’t think it would work to amend dates.

Thanks for reply.
I think that is too cheap? Try $18 or $17? You could always reduce it if no interest?

Just say you can't amend the booking.
Old 19 Jan 22, 01:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Andi
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by catlady View Post
I think that is too cheap? Try $18 or $17? You could always reduce it if no interest?

Just say you can't amend the booking.
Great advice, many thanks.

Old 19 Jan 22, 01:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Paypal fees? Can't say I noticed any, the renter paid in $ & I transferred to my UK account on whatever the Paypal FX rate was on the day?
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 22, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Andi
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Shooby doo View Post
Paypal fees? Can't say I noticed any, the renter paid in $ & I transferred to my UK account on whatever the Paypal FX rate was on the day?
SD
So if I rent the reservations out online do I just give them my PayPal email address so they can send the money to me? Any ideas how long it take for PayPal to show receiving the money?

Thanks

Old 19 Jan 22, 02:28 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

So if I rent the reservations out online do I just give them my PayPal email address so they can send the money to me? Any ideas how long it take for PayPal to show receiving the money?

Thanks
It shows in your Paypal account immediately.
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 22, 03:02 PM  
Link to this Post
catlady
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Shooby doo View Post
SD
The fees are taken out during the exchange. They don't actually say what they have charged, which I find odd? My renters sent me a screenshot of their payment which showed the $4.99 Friends and family charge too? They paid that.

You can work out the amount PayPal have taken by looking roughly at what you would get exchanging with say your bank? Then what you actually received? I was charged £78 in total on a $2650 rental?