Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 6 Feb 20, 10:30 AM  
Link to this Post
mr-paul
slightly serious Dibber

#BeastOnTour: Disneyland & LA Solo Trip Day 4 - maxing out on MaxPass!

Index
Day 3

Day 4 - Wednesday 25th September 2019

Another day, another early start! After yesterday’s evening away from the parks, it was time to get back there for a full day and to do as much as possible - I only had two more days before moving on up to LA!

I stopped off on my walk from the hotel for a McDonald’s breakfast, and was into Disneyland at rope drop at 8am. The plan today - MaxPass. If you’ve read my previous days, you’ll know that it wasn’t so busy that I absolutely needed this to get on plenty of attractions in the day, but to get it for one day to skip even short queues and to have some PhotoPass pictures taken, $15 was a bargain. If you’re going as a family and don’t think paying that for each member is worth it, I’d even recommend paying it for just one of you so you can get the ride photos and have some photo shoots through the day.

Although I wrote down which rides I went on today, I didn’t actually write down which I used MaxPass for and which I went in the standby line/single rider… but it was a decent chunk, and hopefully writing this out helps me remember some of the details! I’m also pretty sure that a few of the rides I went on were using a multi-experience FastPass, when the ride you have picked has gone down and they let you use it on any other attraction.

It really does save time being able to go on the app, pick a ride to FastPass, head to the ride, ride it, then get a new FP!

So, the first thing I did today was get a FastPass for Haunted Mansion Holiday, which was for 8:30am. That gave me some time to do some other bits. I headed straight for a Disney classic that I hadn’t yet done this trip, because it gets famously long lines and it doesn’t have FP at DLR. Peter Pan’s Flight! Always been one of my favourite Disney films, and a must-ride on all of my trips to Paris.

I then headed into Galaxy’s Edge, thinking I’d get some photos taken while it wasn’t too busy, and also before I became too much of a sweaty mess - it was a very warm morning!

Yep, basically had a photoshoot all around Galaxy’s Edge, and of course, met Chewy!

While I was here, it would’ve been rude not to go on Smuggler’s Run as a single rider, and someone kindly took a photo of me at the Holochess table in the Falcon

I then proceeded around to Haunted Mansion Holiday - again, I’ll reiterate what I said yesterday, the seasonal overlay on this is so good!

While in the area, I quickly went on both Indiana Jones Adventure and Big Thunder Mountain. The next FastPass I got was for Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout, so it was time to switch parks. But first, there was time for a castle photoshoot, and a trip down Main Street USA on one of the horse-drawn carriages. I left Disneyland Park at about 10:15am.

A quick walk across to California Adventure and it was straight to GOTG, where I could now get the ride photo!

From here, I dashed to Incredicoaster, which has to be up there as a candidate for best Disney coaster.

Not flattering at all, but oh well...

The next FastPass I got was for Radiator Springs Racers, and I had a little wait, so I took a stroll around the lake, and had some photos in front of the big wheel.

I’m looking increasingly sweaty in these and the sun is in my eyes so not the most flattering… I went on the Little Mermaid ride as it was a walk on (and for some air con) and as it was around 11am, FastPasses for World of Color were available, so I nabbed one of them on the app.

I then had some photos in front of Cars Land, which had its Halloween decorations up.

I rode Mater’s Junkyard Jamboree, which at this time of year was Mater’s Graveyard JamBOOree, then went onto Radiator Springs Racers.

Next up from here was Grizzly River Run to cool off a bit again, and then a game of Toy Story: Midway Mania.

At about 1:30pm, it was time to park hop again - back across to Disneyland! I had some photos taken at the park entrance.

Tomorrowland was the destination, where I rode Star Tours, followed by Space Mountain. Space Mountain is one of the PhotoPass rides, but it looks like I forgot to link it to my account… oops.

I was starting to slow down a bit by now… I have no idea why I didn’t go and get myself some lunch. Instead, I was fuelling myself just on free water. I took a ride on the Monorail, which takes you on a loop out of the park and past DCA and down to the other end of Downtown Disney by the Disneyland Hotel.

I secured myself a FP+ for GOTG again later on, as it had a special Halloween variation in the evenings, so had to wait another 90 minutes to get one to use sooner.

After a little amble deciding what to do next, I got on the Disneyland Railroad at the Fantasyland/Toontown Station. I actually waited about 20 minutes for this, as I didn’t manage to get on the first train, but I clearly needed the break.

Unfortunately, the train stopped at Main Street USA station and was being held there for some sort of technical issues. I decided to get off rather than sit waiting.

This is clearly where I should have gone back to the hotel for an afternoon break, but I powered on. I went into Great Moments with Mr Lincoln, for a look around at the exhibits in there, to watch the show, and sit down again!

From here I got a FastPass for Splash Mountain, so took a stroll back up Main Street USA and through Adventureland to Critter Country. I FINALLY had something to eat here at 4:30pm, 9 hours after my breakfast - a churro. This cost me $4.75 (£3.86). I was obviously so hungry I didn’t take a photo. I then used my FP for Splash Mountain.

After this, I made my way back to Main Street, where I had some photos by the Partners statue, and went in the Sleeping Beauty Castle walk-through.

Near the entrance of the park, I watched the marching band, who were absolutely excellent. I recommend stopping and watching if you see these guys out.

Now around 5:45pm, I park-hopped again, some proper food. On the walk I browsed the menus on the Disneyland app, and decided on Cocina Cuamonga Mexican Grill. I opted for a Cocina Bowl, described as: Bowl with choice of Marinated Steak, Pineapple Achiote-marinated Pork, Citrus-marinated Chicken or Potato Cakes with Cotija Cheese and Roasted Anaheim Peppers, served with Cilantro-Lime Rice, Epazote Black Beans, Queso Fresco, Roasted Corn, Cucumber-Tomato Slaw.

This was delicious, one of the best quick-service meals I’ve had at a Disney Park. Though it may have been partly the starvation I’d forced on myself which made it even better! This was $12.99, which after tax and my cast member discount, came out as $11.20 (£9.10).

Some time after my last FastPass, I picked up another for Incredicoaster - the perfect thing to go on straight after dinner!

It was now time to return to Guardians of the Galaxy. As alluded to before, they have a special variation at night-time in the Halloween season, called Monsters After Dark.

Oh my, like the difference between Tower of Terror and Mission Breakout, this was a whole new ride again! The effects in the queue, the pre-show, the ride video and music and drop sequence - totally different! If you visit in the Autumn, riding GOTG both day and night is an essential!

My next FP was for Soarin’. My second ride on it this trip, again, it’s a fine ride but I really don’t get why people love it. I then spent some time taking some pictures of the park all lit up pretty at night.

It was now approaching 8pm, and World of Color was at 8:30pm. I decided there was time to quickly ride Radiator Springs Racers as a single rider!

Off the ride by quarter past, I dashed over to watch the show in the Paradise Lagoon.

It was now 9pm - time to go home? Nah, of course not! I still had two hours of MaxPass I’d paid for! My fourth hop of the day took me back over to Disneyland, where I got a FastPass for Buzz Lightyear. While in the area, I went on something I had yet to ride - Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage. This was pretty cool, but I have to admit I was getting a bit tired at this point!

My next destination was Galaxy’s Edge, for some night-time professional shots in front of the Falcon.

And then my last ride and FastPass of the day, one of my favourites of the whole trip, Haunted Mansion Holiday.

It was now approaching park closing time, so there was only one more thing to do - watch the famous Main Street Electrical Parade. I love this. That music just brings back so many happy memories of my childhood.

I’d made it through the whole day! By the time I had taken some night-time photos on Main Street, it was almost 11:30pm when I left for the 15 minute walk home. I collapsed into bed, exhausted after a very fun day!

Steps: 37,120
Attractions: 28
Tomorrow: My final day at Disney

Edited at 08:45 AM.
mr-paul is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 20, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

oh wow, love this, you sound just like me at the parks, open to close, ride after ride after ride , its crazy and insane and soooo much fun.

This is why I love being solo in the parks, families with small kids would never be this efficient, and see and do so much.

I love all the Halloween decorations and ride overlays, I never get to see any of that as I every June.
Bad Pink Tink is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 20, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkermom
Apprentice Imagineer

Brilliant day! Do you ever sit still😳

Love the Halloween decorations, we’ve done Disneyland a few times but never at Halloween 🎃 definitely fancy giving it a try now. Thanks
Old 6 Feb 20, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
mr-paul
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Bad Pink Tink View Post
oh wow, love this, you sound just like me at the parks, open to close, ride after ride after ride , its crazy and insane and soooo much fun.

This is why I love being solo in the parks, families with small kids would never be this efficient, and see and do so much.

I love all the Halloween decorations and ride overlays, I never get to see any of that as I every June.
Yep, as much as I like doing things with friends and family, so much time is spent making decisions! I have to admit tiredness was hitting me now after four full-on days though

Originally Posted by Tinkermom View Post
Brilliant day! Do you ever sit still😳

Love the Halloween decorations, we’ve done Disneyland a few times but never at Halloween 🎃 definitely fancy giving it a try now. Thanks
Haha, nope! I do like a relaxing holiday once in a while but this trip was definitely a very active one!

I would definitely recommend a Halloween visit! 🎃

Thanks for reading
mr-paul is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List