Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 11 May 19, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Dougie View Post
This post sums it up perfectly ! Someone mentions period and women become outraged yet someone mentions a man being a cock and it's treated as a joke !

From my POV, both were funny and were in jest.
I can’t possibly see how a woman having a tough day as a result of a painful period would find it remotely funny being being subject to an unwarranted rant that makes light of their situation. Crass and insensitive by the manager, imo.
Omega1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 19, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

Originally Posted by Omega1 View Post
I can’t possibly see how a woman having a tough day as a result of a painful period would find it remotely funny being being subject to an unwarranted rant that makes light of their situation. Crass and insensitive by the manager, imo.
In a meeting room it's really not the right approach and unprofessional but things can be joked about in a work environment between colleagues... Like I mentioned early on some people would burst into flames if they walked in on half the conversations going off in warehouse attached to my work, most of time I personally am down my aisle laughing my socks off.
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 19, 11:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Megandllsmum View Post
In a meeting room it's really not the right approach and unprofessional but things can be joked about in a work environment between colleagues... Like I mentioned early on some people would burst into flames if they walked in on half the conversations going off in warehouse attached to my work, most of time I personally am down my aisle laughing my socks off.
Yes, context is important and in the context the OP described it was wholly inappropriate imo.
Omega1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 19, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post
olgaandcoda
Imagineer

olgaandcoda's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

My boss is pretty outspoken, never offensive in the office. When I had to tell him about a gynae op I needed time off for, he blushed so red! I had a stifle a giggle!
Certain subjects should be treated with respect for both makes and females! IMO
Old 11 May 19, 11:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Flojo224
VIP Dibber

Flojo224's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
To put things into perspective, I work for a small independent company and the boss in question is THE boss, which is pretty much why none of us called him on it, the consequences just weren’t worth it!

If we were all having a laugh at the time, or a light hearted conversation I would have said it was possibly just a bad, misjudged, joke but he was seriously ranting about an individual and it was meant in a derogatory way, hence our disbelief.

Luckily we have a great team and when he had left the room after the initial ‘what the hell’ we turned it into a laugh and bounced off each other for the rest of the afternoon.

I wish I could say it was an isolated comment but alas no. (Yes I know I could leave but with a child in primary school convenience is more important at the moment)

Hey ho, in retrospect a small annoyance compared to what some people have to go through.

2000, 2002, 2003/4, 2011 - Villa
2005 - Disneyland Paris
2007 - Disneyland, California
2014 - Cumbrian Lakes Villa
2017 - Orlando Dream Villa, Lindfields
2018 - No Disney Parks trip
2020 - Let’s do all the parks again - the trip that never was 😔
2022 - Miami & The Parks
2024 - Bahama’s Mini Cruise, Universal & lots of Halloween

Edited at 11:46 AM.
Flojo224 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 19, 12:08 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Flojo224 View Post
To put things into perspective, I work for a small independent company and the boss in question is THE boss, which is pretty much why none of us called him on it, the consequences just weren’t worth it!

If we were all having a laugh at the time, or a light hearted conversation I would have said it was possibly just a bad, misjudged, joke but he was seriously ranting about an individual and it was meant in a derogatory way, hence our disbelief.

Luckily we have a great team and when he had left the room after the initial ‘what the hell’ we turned it into a laugh and bounced off each other for the rest of the afternoon.

I wish I could say it was an isolated comment but alas no. (Yes I know I could leave but with a child in primary school convenience is more important at the moment)

Hey ho, in retrospect a small annoyance compared to what some people have to go through.
Nah, I agree with you - it’s not worth leaving over.

We women where I used to work would have burst into laughter as soon as he said it and one of us would have told him off in a friendly but firm way. 😂😂😂😂
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 19, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Dougie
Imagineer

Dougie's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Omega1 View Post
I am female and had painful periods and I can honestly say hand on heart it wouldn't have bothered me AT ALL if a guy had made that comment.

Maybe I just have more important things to worry about.
Dougie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 19, 10:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Powlay
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 4
Originally Posted by tocpe321 View Post
If the boss had been female and the supplier also female and she had referred to her having Man Flu this week, would that have been more acceptable?
YES!

yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes.

YES.

Anyone being offended by a comment like you mention really needs to have some life lessons.