Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 15 May 19, 10:15 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsEgg
Apprentice Imagineer

Looking forward to hearing all about the Toy Story Morning, we have it booked on the 27th May so will be interested to hear how you've got on.

I am hoping today the weather is kinder to you
MrsEgg is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 19, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Cha cha
Imagineer

Mobile

We did Garden Grill for the first time last year & loved it.
Got it booked for this year too.
When we checked in we requested a booth, as someone on here had recommended to do this.
Had about a 10 min wait, but got a great booth.
I hope you get a nice sunny no rain day today 😊
Cha cha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 19, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Originally Posted by EllieP View Post
Absolutely loving your report so far. What a shame about the peanut pie! We are hoping to visit Contempo Cafe next year for a Qs meal.
Thanks for reading. It may broken up as it was in the fridge but it was still very rich.

Originally Posted by nats1211 View Post
I’m really enjoying your report, was great to see a report on Chef Mickeys. We have this booked to pay OOP as our only character meal so I’m glad to see a good review. 😊
We really enjoyed it. Nice selection of food.

Originally Posted by mrsdjh View Post
I haven't read many trip reports live from the laundry room top marks! I've seen a couple of videos of the rain yesterday and today - looked very heavy indeed.

Garden Grill looks and sounds great and that bun looks delicious

Hope you're all having a great time so far.
Having a great time. Monday the weather was awful and not brilliant yesterday but all good from now on.

Originally Posted by Th1nkT1nk View Post
Chef Mickeys looks great I know there are often mixed reviews for it with regards to food quality but I feel like it’s somewhere I just ‘need’ to try! Lol
I couldn’t fault the food. I can see why people wouldn’t like it because it is very busy and noisy but I don’t think you can expect anything else.

Originally Posted by SuziQz View Post
It all looks fab so far. Loving all the cinnamon buns.

We loved meeting Stitch at O’hana’s and had a great table by the window. It was great cos DS didn’t know we could meet Stitch and didn’t see him coming up behind. Didn’t book Chef Mickey last trip so that’s definitely on the list for next year and it looks like dinner could be a winner.

We’ve done Garden Grill for dinner but breakfast looks great and as we’re at YC and early breakfast adr could be on the cards.

I’m not a peanut butter fan so glad to see I can skip the pie lol.

Looking forward to reading about Teppan Edo. It was supposed to be my birthday dinner on our last night last trip but DS wasn’t feeling great so we had to skip it. It’s going on the list very early this time. You’re helping big time with my plans, thank you.

Hope Lily enjoyed her birthday, it’s a wonderful place to celebrate
Lily really enjoyed her birthday. Try Chef Mickey’s!

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
We skipped the breakfast when we did Toy Story EMM, mainly because I felt queasy but also because nothing really appealed. I think I’d have gone with the chicken and donuts too. The pasty selection does look nice though, I love those turnovers.

I’m excited that you finally got to visit the Contemporary. We tend to avoid dinner buffets but Chef Mickey’s looks great, especially your carved beef.

Drooling over your Garden Grill photos, one of our favourites.
The breakfast was surprisingly good at the extra morning magic. We always love a buffet I think Garden Grill will always stay on our list.

Originally Posted by MrsEgg View Post
Looking forward to hearing all about the Toy Story Morning, we have it booked on the 27th May so will be interested to hear how you've got on.

I am hoping today the weather is kinder to you
Weather is looking better. Not sure when I’ll have day 2 of the trip report will be up but the morning magic was good. Little busier than I expected though. We still did Slinky Dog 4 times though!

Originally Posted by Cha cha View Post
We did Garden Grill for the first time last year & loved it.
Got it booked for this year too.
When we checked in we requested a booth, as someone on here had recommended to do this.
Had about a 10 min wait, but got a great booth.
I hope you get a nice sunny no rain day today 😊
Weather is loking good today Thanks for reading.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 19, 12:41 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Probably no updates today Our last full day at POFQ before me move hotels so lots to do. Hopefully more to come in the next couple of days.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 19, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Mobile

Just found your food report - so many good places covered already. We love breakfast at garden grille it really is one of our favourites.

The noise has always put us off Chef Mickey but it does seem to be perfect for kids.

Hope you’ve enjoyed your POFQ stay - it’s looked lovely and you’ve made the most of the food court too. In two trips to SSR we never managed to eat there given Disney Springs was so close!

Looking forward to more - hope the weather has picked up for you today too.
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 19, 04:39 PM  
Link to this Post
mojo.121
Excited about Disney

Mmm that sticky bun cake looks soo good. Thanks for taking time out of your laundry for sharing 😜
mojo.121 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 19, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Clairebear
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Wow looks like a fab couple of days of food!

Garden Grill looks fab!

4 Times on slinky sounds brilliant. Might have to look into EMM...
Clairebear is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 19, 06:31 AM  
Link to this Post
4holibobs
VIP Dibber

Oh wow that sticky bun looked immense!

Hope you have had a good day 😎
4holibobs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 19, 10:05 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Originally Posted by sheluk View Post
Just found your food report - so many good places covered already. We love breakfast at garden grille it really is one of our favourites.

The noise has always put us off Chef Mickey but it does seem to be perfect for kids.

Hope you’ve enjoyed your POFQ stay - it’s looked lovely and you’ve made the most of the food court too. In two trips to SSR we never managed to eat there given Disney Springs was so close!

Looking forward to more - hope the weather has picked up for you today too.
We’ve loved POFQ. The weather Is good now!

Originally Posted by mojo.121 View Post
Mmm that sticky bun cake looks soo good. Thanks for taking time out of your laundry for sharing 😜
Sacrificing laundry time is the least I can do

Originally Posted by Clairebear View Post
Wow looks like a fab couple of days of food!

Garden Grill looks fab!

4 Times on slinky sounds brilliant. Might have to look into EMM...
Thanks for reading

Originally Posted by 4holibobs View Post
Oh wow that sticky bun looked immense!

Hope you have had a good day 😎
Thank you.
Old 16 May 19, 10:18 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
STARBUCKS EPCOT

Once again we’re were fully aware that we just weren’t using snack credits. We always plan to but just don’t. We popped into Starbucks with everyone under instructions to get a drink and a snack.

Me and Evie wanted something refreshing so went for the very berry hibiscus. Large of course as you can with a snack credit Evie took a large swing of it and hated it

I also noted in the cup that I had been christened with a new name.

Interesting.

Kelly went for some kind of caramel coffee type thing. I can’t remember the name and she asleep so I can’t ask her

Lily annoyingly just had milk which I didn’t waste a snack credit. Waste seems ironic considering Evie hadn’t hers.

Me and Kelly both got a Mickey shaped peanut butter tart. This was good.

Evie a sugar cookie which she enjoyed.

Lily a trust Chocolate croissant

7 snack credits used

Edited at 09:06 AM.