Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 26 Dec 19, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Bianca
Imagineer

Lovely, happy photo!

Hope your son is doing well, too.

Happy New Year to you all.

“I cannot discover that anyone knows enough to say definitely what is and what is not possible", Henry Ford

Contemporary Resort - Disneyland Hotel - Treehouse Villas - Vistana - Youth Hostel Anaheim - Quality Inn Intern'l Dr - Port Orleans Riverside
Bianca is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Dec 19, 06:45 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Just caught up, but hope you all had a good Christmas. Emma is doing so very well, and so lovely to see all of your smiling faces. Hope you all have a healthy, and happy new year, and that Emma continues to improve. Very good wishes to you, your wife and son. x
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Dec 19, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Universal VR
Imagineer

Fantastic news! Well done, Emma! A very Happy New Year to you all.
Old 1 Jan 20, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post
mazzadee
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Happy new year to you all. Well done to Emma that is fantastic progress. Long may it continue x
Old 1 Jan 20, 06:40 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

I think Emma had the equivalent of ‘ buyers remorse’ on Boxing Day having done so well on Christmas Day
But it has proved that she can do it ( as a one off at least) if she really pushes herself.
It’s now just trying to get her to do it more regularly

Wishing everyone a happy and healthy New Year and throughout 2020
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads

Edited at 06:43 PM.
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 20, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

So , three months have passed since my last update.
Everything was quiet initially. Everyone was busy working in January.
Then we had a lovely break in Tenerife. But panicky on the way out as Storm Dennis threatened to hijack us on the way, we then had a lovely few days with fabulous weather before the sandstorm hit creating an eerie atmosphere followed by an anxious 24 hours seeing if we could get safely home on time. We got lucky both on the way out and back.
Emma showed she still has a way to go eating wise. We visited Tenerife 2 years ago and even though we went to many of the same restaurants for familiarity, there remained anxiety and she really struggled to move away from kids menus .

The morning after we landed was when it was announced someone in a hotel in Tenerife had corona virus. Little did we know then how things would develop.
Emma is still working at M&S , but now in the food section and doing less days. It keeps her hands in and she seems ok with the risk element , which is encouraging. It also stops her from being at home with the rest of us ( I am WFH and DS off college) all day everyday . We all need a bit of space. There have been some anxious meals, she has more eyes making sure she doesn't fall short in her eating. She cannot get away with missing snacks etc so much as if she was in work more.

Her OCD with routine is showing through. We watched a film as a family on Saturday ( rare event ) and a panicked cry when realising that with just 10 minutes of the film left, we had to stop it so that tea could be prepared so as it to not run beyond her 7pm ' comfort zone'

The biggest issue is the supermarkets. Getting what she wants when her regular things aren't available is difficult. Our daily walk on Sunday was about 4 miles round trip to get crumpets from Aldi !

On the whole we are coping ok . Not quite so sure though how we will get on for a stretch of weeks in a run. But we will try.
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads

Edited at 09:48 PM.
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 20, 11:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Nesbits
Very Serious Dibber

Thanks for the update. It’s nice to know how you are all doing. You’re doing a great job.
Nesbits is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 20, 11:55 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Thanks for the update and know we are all here for you throughout this time of so much uncertainty, it is the last thing you all need, Emma more than anyone.
Big Dibb hug from us. Take care and enjoy those moments you can.
Keep safe and as I keep saying to a lot of people - see you on the other side of this

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 20, 06:40 AM  
Link to this Post
parisdisneyfan
Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks for the update. This situation is difficult for everyone especially those with MH issues. My ds has gone into total shutdown, even going into the garden is almost impossible for him with his anxiety. I wish you all and Emma best wishes to get through with hopefully only small steps backward that will be overcome just that bit easier when it’s over xx
Old 31 Mar 20, 07:30 AM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks for the update. Fingers crossed things get easier once the new routine settles. It’s a big change for everyone. If there are any non perishables that Emma has that you can’t get hold of I would be more than happy to see if they have them in my supermarket and post to you. Just let me know.
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List