Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 6 Jan 20, 11:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney_dreams2
Looking for my Ears

Dealing with mental health issues

Right where do I even start... I am a long term regular here, but for the sake of this post I wanted to create a new profile as this post is really hard for me to do, and don't really want people knowing the below about me, despite not knowing anyone here personally, but I feel like this is my last resort.

For the last 18 months, I have been dealing with depression/mental health issues off and on, literally nobody knows quite how bad it is though. Everyday is a struggle, and it's just getting worse and worse and I have no clue who to turn to. I have a really few close friends and family, but they all have their own stuff going on and don't want to burden them with my problems, I just feel like my problems are silly, I feel like everyone would be better off without me around.

I did visit the GP last year but nothing came of it really.

I don't know who and where to turn to, so my last resort is to post on here, and see if I can get some advice from someone who has potentially felt this way, or helped anyone in this situation before.

Any advice at all will be appreciated.
Disney_dreams2 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 20, 11:07 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsEgg
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I can't offer any first hand experience however I wanted to let you know your not alone and please carryon posting here, we are all here for you.

If you feel you cant talk to friends or family, have you thought about visiting the mind website?

Taking a walk or being active can be a great first step.
MrsEgg is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 20, 11:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Snowball24
Imagineer

Mobile

Messaged you xx
Old 6 Jan 20, 11:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Mackenzies03
Serious Dibber

I’m sorry that you’ve found yourself in this situation and I hope as a community we can help and offer you some good advice. Obviously, above all else, professional advice is the first signpost BUT that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t seek help from other places such as this forum. Knowing you’re not alone is so important right now.

Are there any key points in your day to day life that you feel are causing you to feel this way (e.g. getting up on a morning, loneliness, work, health)
Mackenzies03 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 20, 11:11 PM  
Link to this Post
MargaretMouse
VIP Dibber

My son age 22 has suffered with depression, anxiety and mental health issues for a while, so I can understand the everyday struggle. Your problems are not silly as the saying goes a problem shared is a problem half. I would suggest you go back to your GP surgery and maybe see another Dr, I’m sure if you explain to them how you feel, they will be able to help in some way. I also no that the Samaratins, are fantastic and really help. I’m also so pleased you could put on here your feelings and thoughts as this is a positive step forward. My son is on tablets at the moment and this is helping him to cope with certain situations. If you would like to PM, we can chat as sometimes even someone to chat with can ease a problem. My son did try a counsellor, but in his case it didn’t help. I am sure all of us on here will offer a listening ear and support you as much as we can.
Old 6 Jan 20, 11:11 PM  
Link to this Post
disney1st timer
Imagineer

Mobile

I could have written this myself. I don’t know about you but on my bad days I think I will definitely ring the doctors and get help but then I’ll have a “good” day and it seems so silly? No real advice expect you really aren’t alone. My mood swings are so frequent these days it’s hard to keep on track. One day I hope I muster up the courage to see someone, as I’m sure you do too.
2018 - Villa in Davenport
2022 - Blue Tree Resort
disney1st timer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 20, 11:19 PM  
Link to this Post
chrisxal
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
Me too x
chrisxal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 20, 11:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney_dreams2
Looking for my Ears

Thank you for the messages, I don't even know why I posted it on here, I guess i just needed to admit how I'm feeling, and for me right now, the best people are people I don't know personally.

Really appreciate everyone's words.
Disney_dreams2 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 20, 11:26 PM  
Link to this Post
NikNak
Excited about Disney

So sorry to read this

I was in a similar position last year and I wouldn't wish it on anyone. My first visit to the doctor was a disaster as they just didn't take me seriously and I left that appointment feeling even worse about myself than I did when I went in. I knew I couldn't go on the way things were though and I made another appointment, this time with a different doctor, and thankfully she was a million times more helpful and sympathetic to my situation. With her help it took months of appointments and medication to get back to some kind of normal but I got there in the end.

Might be worth trying to get an appointment with a different doctor because if you get a good one it really can make the world of difference x
Old 6 Jan 20, 11:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Alwaysdisley
VIP Dibber

Mobile

As others have said you are not alone and I am sure your problems are very real, not silly at all. I don’t know which county you live in (and am not asking) but in my county there is good information online for mental health services via the nhs.
As MrsEgg said the Mind website is also full of good information. Another one worth a visit is time-to-change.uk/me...lp-and-support
There is a link there to the SHOUT textline if you think that may suit you more.
I would encourage you to seek support from a professional service, it won’t always feel as it does now. Another visit to the GP may get a different outcome this time. Hoping you get the support you need to move forward.
Alwaysdisley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List