Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 27 May 17, 11:00 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Mobile

Another one on 7th July dress bought and currently being altered as the top was slightly big (can't believe how much seamstress charges) and have shoes as we needed those for the fitting. Still need a bag and to sort hair and make up.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 17, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by sharlu View Post
My beautiful daughter ready for Prom tonight. Hope she has a lovely time ❤
Your dd looks gorgeous, lovely dress.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 17, 12:03 AM  
Link to this Post
zokaluse
VIP Dibber

Mobile

My son isn't going said him & some mates are going to the cinema instead. 😥😏
He was originally going with that same group when they thought it was a masquerade prom & they were going to get anonymous masquerade masks made but now it's just 'formal' he said he's not interested.
I've asked him to reconsider & think a bit more about but I can't force him to go if he really doesn't want to but I do hope he changes his mind!

It's on 30th june & out off 200 kids in his year only 100 got invited & I was delighted to receive the email & his official invitation & think its such a shame if he doesn't go.
DLP Jan 2014 H Cheyenne & H New York
DLP Dec 2014 Sequoia Lodge
Florida Aug/Sept 2016 RPR/WDW BC/DCL Dream Bahamian 4 night cruise/ WDW BC
DLP Dec 2016 Newport Bay Club
Disney Magic Staycation Cruise Aug 2021

Aug 2023;BC 9 nights WV, AKL 8 nights SV, HRH 3 nights FRCL, CB 2BS, Weeki Watchee 2 nights, Holmes Beach house 8 nights
zokaluse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 17, 09:13 AM  
Link to this Post
sharlu
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by disneylover43 View Post
My DD has her prom on 2nd July and so far she is refusing to look for a dress. I ordered her some of the House of Fraser website a couple of weeks ago and she didn't like any of them. She says she will buy one once she's finished her exams. Unfortunately her last exam is not until June 27th. So I can see her saying that she is not going to go :angry:
This was my daughter, She hates shopping. I literally had to drag her out the one time to try dresses - I ordered 5 pairs of shoes on line to try because she refused to go again and we needed them for the fitting! All the girls and young men looks fab at prom last Friday. Lots of very different styles. There are some really lovely dresses. I hope your daughter finds a dress she is happy to wear and has a great night x

sharlu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 17, 09:48 AM  
Link to this Post
HEMANCLOFTY
Dibbing with Tink

HEMANCLOFTY's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
What a great thread - can't wait to see more pics coming through.

This was DS at his year 6 prom last year...

We have lots more lovely pics (including a really nice one with his "Girlfriend" at the time) but wouldn't want to share other kids without permission.

The Lambo wasn't ours - we think one of the other parents hired it. A bit extravagent for an 11 yo but it made for a good photo op.

DSs suit was from Next I think, but was actually passed down from my nephew who had worn it to his a few years before. DS liked it, so it seemed a shame to waste money on something else that he'd only ever wear once (based on how fast he grows).

I can't believe how extravagent some of the Year 11 proms have become. We just had a 6th Form Ball in my day, £25 for the ticket, less than £50 on my dress / shoes, did my own hair and makeup, and we all went on a coach together and had a great laugh.
HEMANCLOFTY is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 17, 09:50 AM  
Link to this Post
HEMANCLOFTY
Dibbing with Tink

HEMANCLOFTY's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by BerkshireBugsy View Post
We have had two proms in the family so far. My SD (in right hand picture) and DD (left hand in both pictures). Just my DS to go in a few years time but being a boy he may not be as interested!

This is lovely - I thought it was one photo at first, but then realised that you have merged the two, it's done ally well and your girls are beautiful
HEMANCLOFTY is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 17, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

Mobile

Originally Posted by HEMANCLOFTY View Post
This is lovely - I thought it was one photo at first, but then realised that you have merged the two, it's done ally well and your girls are beautiful
Thank you . So the little blonde princess is my SDs daughter which makes her my granddaughter and makes me feel very old !
Old 8 Jun 17, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

Less than a month until my daughter's prom on 7th July - wo exams are flying by!

Anyone got a prom coming up this week?
1972 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 17, 03:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

Originally Posted by 1972 View Post
Less than a month until my daughter's prom on 7th July - wo exams are flying by!

Anyone got a prom coming up this week?
We have!
It's our son's prom in Edinburgh tomorrow, leaving 6th form (but in Scotland but same age)

Everything is ready, it's just the design of the pocket square (which he insisted on having!) to decide upon.

Who knew there were so many ways of folding a pocket square!?!?!
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 17, 04:12 PM  
Link to this Post
wozza
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We're going for dress fitting on Friday! Shoes arrived today.
Port Orleans Riverside/Cocoa Beach October 2018
wozza is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List