Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 15 May 18, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post
justacey
Apprentice Imagineer

Since people mentioned it a lot on here, I've just done the first day of the NHS one. I chose Michael Johnson. I quite liked the "get ready to start" prompts. My other one just did a beep or something.
Let's see how far I can stick with it.
I did plan to do a walk/run along the local cycle track on the way home, but I forgot to put my headphones in my bag and had my wrong trainers too. So I came home and went on the treadmill.
justacey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 18, 05:13 PM  
Link to this Post

I'm currently on W3D3. I've finished the program a few times in the past and got my 5k time down to 27 minutes but always let things slip. Enjoying it this time and considering each day more of an achievement as I'm humphing round considerably more poundage than the last time I did it...!

App wise I am a bit daft and use RunDouble for the timing which is very good and works flawlessly with my Amazon Music app. However I also log all my exercising on my Fitbit and FitNotes apps. Noone can say I don't love data...
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 18, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Bridget
Imagineer

I did the NHS one. All I can say is keep running regular. I haven't run for a few weeks and now I am not sure if I can go out and run for 30 minutes or just over 3 miles.. I have been concentrating more on my mountain biking as going to Scotland next month and don't want to be saddle sore! I will have to give it a go when it's not so windy

It's this pesky job gets in the way of doing things I enjoy
Old 22 May 18, 11:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Jedi Princess
Imagineer

Mobile

I started C25K tonight. I’ve opted for Jo Whiley to spur me on.

I’ve lost -67lb up to now, and C25K is the 2nd stage to my lifestyle change.
Old 23 May 18, 03:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Tubbsy
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by tiggertastic View Post
Might consider this error is light in the evening. But what's all this talk of Jo Whiley and sarah millican? Can't be doing with either.
I think there are 2 other people you can choose from, but had the app a while so can't remember who.
They start and stop your runs and give you little motivational speeches to keep going.
Tubbsy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 18, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
justacey
Apprentice Imagineer

So I did my first outdoor session today. All thanks to this thread
I went on a cycle path and knew it was slightly uphill going the one way. I didn't realise how much of a slope it was until coming back. I regularly walk that route and track it on Strava. I did my PB for a 2 mile, but the downhill segment was only my third best ! I'd done it a minute faster earlier this year (on a 16 minute segment).
I do find running very hard. The first 90 second run was a right killer. The next few weren't very pleasant either.
justacey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 18, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

We have just installed a treadmill so I have no excuse now !,
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 18, 07:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Jedi Princess
Imagineer

Mobile

Week 2, run 1 completed last night.

I swapped Jo, for Sarah, then swapped Sarah for Laura!

I like Laura, and her counting 1 2 3 4 really helped me along.
Old 29 May 18, 07:49 AM  
Link to this Post
merlinsmum
Having Dinner with Goofy

I've just completed week 4 run 1. I run with a local C25k group but when I cant make the group sessions I also use the NHS app voiced by Michael Johnson. I've run before but I'm using this to improve strength, fitness and loose some of the weight I put on following a bad ankle injury earlier in the year. Lots of the ladies in our group haven't run from school - we are all going to do the local park run together when we complete the 9 weeks. Some of us are enrolled on race for life pretty muddy too. It's good to have an end goal for motivation.
merlinsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 18, 08:17 AM  
Link to this Post
tomdan
Imagineer

Mobile

Just had a look at this, will give it a go but i think i will use the treadmill as a little embarassed😶
tomdan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List