Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 3 Jun 18, 02:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Clare
Imagineer

Clare's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 6

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by elmspenguin View Post
The free dining offer is available to book up to the 6th November, it is just the $200 gift card offer that stops on the 3rd July, it is usually replaced with a $100 gift card instead but who knows this year.
Thank you hopefully it’ll be the same
Clare is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 18, 02:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Dabootie
Very Serious Dibber

We were given the 'magical' 499 days response to one of our questions with Disney a while back... but they are referring to the return date not the first day of the holiday.
Dabootie is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 18, 03:29 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Dabootie View Post
We were given the 'magical' 499 days response to one of our questions with Disney a while back... but they are referring to the return date not the first day of the holiday.
Even when entering the return date that’s within the 499 days range it still doesn’t work for me.
Old 3 Jun 18, 04:27 PM  
Link to this Post
tomdan
Imagineer

Mobile

Just had a look onTui and there arent any disney hotels on there for Oct 19, very strange
tomdan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 18, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post

This is really worrying me because we’ve booked for the start of November. We’re planning a split stay with free DDP then points at VGF. It’ll be a nightmare to get the DVC stay if Star Wars opens before then, plus it’ll be insanely busy everywhere.

I’m not buying that they suddenly can’t do beyond 499 days when they have always offered free dining until the end of the year, and they were showing November availability a couple of weeks ago.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 18, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Loulou127
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Hollie04 View Post
This is really worrying me because we’ve booked for the start of November. We’re planning a split stay with free DDP then points at VGF. It’ll be a nightmare to get the DVC stay if Star Wars opens before then, plus it’ll be insanely busy everywhere.

I’m not buying that they suddenly can’t do beyond 499 days when they have always offered free dining until the end of the year, and they were showing November availability a couple of weeks ago.
Hollie, there was November availability last Thursday then Friday it was all gone!

We wanted to do similar to you with renting points for our second week, I’ve booked September dates but will see if November opens up again but I’m not holding my breath x
Loulou127 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 18, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Loulou127 View Post
Hollie, there was November availability last Thursday then Friday it was all gone!

We wanted to do similar to you with renting points for our second week, I’ve booked September dates but will see if November opens up again but I’m not holding my breath x
It’s really odd! I got a good price for the Contemporary but no booking ref yet. I should really chase up ATD because I’ve not had anything for my January booking either.

We’re owners at VGF but don’t have enough points for a full 2 weeks. I’ve already picked dates to avoid the marathon because it’s crazy busy for DVC. It would be impossible to walk the reservation with our dates but November is always a nightmare for VGF anyway. Urg
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 18, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Excited6910
Imagineer

Originally Posted by act1980 View Post
Aren’t VH more expensive though? Whenever I look the prices are always higher than everywhere else.
We managed to get a really good comparible quote from VH for next year. Only slightly more than booking diy if we could find cheap flights

Loved our Second “once in a lifetime" so much we're doing it again
Excited6910 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 18, 06:52 AM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Excited6910 View Post
We managed to get a really good comparible quote from VH for next year. Only slightly more than booking diy if we could find cheap flights
Interesting. I’ll have to keep checking. How far in advance did you book?
Old 4 Jun 18, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post
klr15
Imagineer

klr15's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Mobile

Originally Posted by Excited6910 View Post
We did too, once I’d added on my flying club discount it was a great deal really compared to what I priced diy!
klr15 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List