Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 9 May 19, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post
HobosMum
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by stitchsmum View Post
In 2007 we took our almost 3 year old, we went to blizzard beach and he wanted to go on the zip line, I said no as he was too small but hubby said he was be fine, he took him up and I waited at the bottom. DS had to be lifted into the zip line however hubby hadn’t given him clear instructions... down the zip line he came but he failed to let go, he hit the end of the line, did a full back flip from the force and a huge splash into the pool, however he wasn’t the best swimmer so I panicked as he couldn’t get to the exit, the life guard who shall we say was on the larger side jumped in to get him. The force of her getting in a water caused a wave which DS body surfed to the exit! Everyone around was cheering him, he got out and gave everyone a little bow! DH was howling and I was furious with him for allowing him to go on it!
THIS! My five year old niece did exactly the same! Her uncle allowed her to go on the zip line despite her not being able to swim and wearing arm bands. As she entered the water, her armbands shot off and she promptly sank like a stone. Cue whistles and a very large lifeguard (wonder if it was the same one?) diving into the water. Her dad and I were lay on sunbeds wondering what was going on and saying how irresponsible some parents were...

Little did we know it was Jayleigh causing the commotion. Needless to say she was banned from the zipline for the rest of the holiday.

Happiness is being with my horse

Edited at 01:53 PM.
HobosMum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 19, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Mickeys Mrs
Imagineer

Everyone stories has had me in stitches, so I will add a couple (not Disney I will add but in Orlando)

My husband is not the greatest of swimmers and we were at Wet and Wild (first trip) and I had convinced him the wave pool was not that bad, so he starts to trundle in, the waves start coming and he gains a bit of confidence they start getting a bit more powerful and I look over to DH who is now starting to panic just as a huge waves takes him. I find my feet and look over again to find him sitting on the bottom of the zero entry pool, I start to walk over and another waves comes, he tries to stand and I spend the next 5 minutes of the wave pool knocking my poor hubby of his feet time and time again laughing.

On our first visit again we went to Ponderosa for breakfast, I find they offer a "angel delight" type substance and jelly, it was amazing. A few days later we head to another all you care to eat buffet and see it there again. My luck is in, I head of and fill my bowl with this stuff. Get back to the table and get a huge spoonful, in it goes only for me to realise its whipped butter and jam. Never lived that down!

DH thinking he was clever decided to turn on the engine of the hire car and turn on the air con whilst we waited for it to cool, he pushes the door we are all chatting about the day when we hear the "click" little did we know that the car had an automatic lock and panic starts to rush through me. Paperwork is in the car, what the heck where we going to do. I try all the doors to find luckily that DH had not fully shut the drivers doors and it hadn't caught the lock!

DLP 2002 & 2010
WDW 2003, 2006, 2009, 2012, 2015, 2017, 2022, 2023 (solo trip) & 2024
Mickeys Mrs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 19, 04:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Chloeoeysmum
slightly serious Dibber

Chloeoeysmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
These are all brilliant!
20 years ago when HS was MGM studios, my daughter begged us for a Furby, they were all over Disney at the time and we eventually gave in and she had her beloved Furby.

He came everywhere with us and was quite amusing. One afternoon we attended an animation presentation, is Furby switched off? Yes mum...

Talk and drawing over we were asked if anyone had any questions, cue the silence as everyone looks around waiting for a question to be asked. Nope, nothing.

All of a sudden we hear this very loud BORING! come from daughters direction. She looks at everyone very sheepishly and holds up the offending Furby.

It did cause a few raucous laughs amongst the crowd! We still have him
Old 9 May 19, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
webby3
slightly serious Dibber

left the passports and 2k in cash in the safe at a disney resort, checked out and drove to the gulf coast.
Luckily an early morning drive the next day after a few phone calls saw me reunited with everything... phew.
webby3 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 19, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Mobile

I'm at Typhoon Lagoon today and purely based on this thread am wearing a robust one piece swimming costume and a sports strap for my sunnies! But I do have history with the Siam Park wavepool and nasty scrape injuries so I know not to risk it lol.
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 19, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
joe 70
Apprentice Imagineer

Just caught up with this thread, the gift that keeps on giving!
You all deserve a round of applause for sharing such funny stories.
Even if some are about “ a friend “. Yer right 😂
2018 Aurora Villa Virgins/PBH
2019 POR Here we come!
joe 70 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 19, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
katiec68
Imagineer

katiec68's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I booked a night on site on New Years Eve so we could celebrate that and DH birthday on 1 Jan.

Id been on a big diet so hadnt drunk much for several months... you can see where this is going

We had the buffet booked at Cape May but started with a couple of cocktails on the boardwalk - I then announced to DH that I felt too drunk to go to dinner and that I was going to go back to the hotel while he went for dinner and then Epcot on his own

Well I did make it to dinner but he made me drink coke and eat loads so we did make it to Epcot to party till midnight!

We had a great evening
katiec68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 19, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Hannah
Apprentice Imagineer

Hannah's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
In Typhoon Lagoon, but not a swimsuit story...
Me and my DD (aged 5) going round the lazy river. Her tube ended up upside down so I flipped it the right way up, catching one of her front teeth which was a bit wobbly in doing so. Cue much blood and a trip to the first aid hut! Her tooth was wonky for the rest of the night and she couldn't eat properly, but it did come our during the night - but she swallowed it! Tooth fairy left her $10 to make up for it!

Edited at 02:56 PM.
Hannah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 19, 07:24 PM  
Link to this Post
dannigizmo
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by PPM View Post
Best place to go is the bottom of Summit Plummit where you can have an enjoyable time watching folks “ retrieving” this costume bottoms from deep between their butt cheeks
This Was Me! Think the lifeguard seen what i had had for lunch!

Oh man how i died while my dh was laughing so hard i could have punched him!
dannigizmo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List