Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 8 Jan 19, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Sam_Smith
slightly serious Dibber

So a Blizzard Beach story first. DS1 (14) and DS2 (13) disappeared off to enjoy the park whilst us oldies camped on one of the beach areas in the shade. The boys kept appearing intermittently throughout the morning so we weren't worried about them at all.

Then DS1 appeared on his own, saying he had lost DS2! Now DS1 isn't a good swimmer and is not very brave, but DS2 is the exact opposite, so I knew exactly where to find him!

We looked up at the top of Summit Plummit to see this DS2 shaped blob hurtling down at 300 miles an hour. We waited at the bottom for him to skid to a stop, and he stood up and announced very loudly, to the amusement of everyone around:

"That was ace! Mum can you help me get my shorts out of my butt crack please!?"

The Typhoon Lagoon story involved DH. Now you need to understand this was his first visit to USA, let alone Disney or even a water park, so he had no clue what to expect. He cannot swim and is actually scared of deep water! Well he would say he's not scared, as there is nothing he is scared of, but he actually is.

So I walk hand in hand with him into the wave pool. Now I am up to my neck nearly, but he is over 6 foot 3 inches, so barely covering his waist, so I figure this is safe right?!

We hear the boom of the wave starting, so I tell him to turn his back to the wave and when I say jump... JUMP!

Well turns out his reactions are as good as his swimming

He disappears under the wave, and although I still have hold of his hand, I can feel him getting thrown all over the place!

He eventually resurfaced with a face as red as a beetroot and looking like a slapped a**e

Oh dear - I was in the doghouse for the rest of the day.
Old 8 Jan 19, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Bazinga 39
Imagineer

Mobile

This thread is so funny😀
Bazinga 39 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 19, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
FloridaFi
Very Serious Dibber

DH went to order dinner for us and our two boys in Pecos Bills. I went to find a table, boys are sitting down I saw DH coming, waved my arm in the air to attract his attention and managed to swipe another man’s tray. He panicked, threw the lot up in the air. There was sodas, burgers and chilli everywhere. Both families were in hysterics. I’ve never lived it down!
FloridaFi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 19, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Twin mummy
Imagineer

Twin mummy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Oh I've got a water park one as well! First time at Blizzard Beach we made straight for the lazy river and I found it difficult to get in the rings. My Husband and girls were laughing at me and I stropped off, they set out along the lazy river and eventually I got in a ring and followed. By the time I calmed down I had lost them and stupidly we hadn't arranged a meeting point, didn't quite realise how big the place was!

So there I am in my cozzie and nothing else, husband had the locker key and it was before magic bands so no way of charging anything. I'd gone to the lost children point who had said they didn't deal with lost adults and I was dehydrated and sun burnt (it was the middle of August). It took me well over 2 hours to find them and by this time I was convinced I'd have to get the bus back to our hotel barefoot and in my costume. Don't think I've even been so pleased to see my husband!
Old 8 Jan 19, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Tigger71
Imagineer

Tigger71's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Another one - outside WDW but in Orlando.

I decided to walk to Publix from the Outlets on south Idrive. Unusually for US there is an actual walkway you can use. I was about halfway between the McDonalds and Publix when I felt a big wet splash in my head. Looking up and yup an ugly black bird sitting on a lampost had just sh*t on my head. And it was trickling down my forhead ...
Ran back to McD - dashed into their toilets and put my head under the tap by the sink. This was not easy - small sink. The water was black coming out of my hair! Yuck...

The look of others entering into the washroom, seeing me with my head under the tap - later also trying to pat it dry with paper tissue. By this time my makeup was also streaky and my non-waterproof mascara smudged. I mumbled ”bird” ”sh*t” pointing at my head but I dont think that helped me look any less insane 😃

So felt very elegant when I half an hour late walked into Publix where my husband was meeting me with the car...

Edited at 09:29 PM.
Tigger71 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 19, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
princessgem
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

When I went as a child we went on the 4d honey I shrunk the audience. Once it had ended I refused to get up off the chair as I was convinced there were rats on the floor, I really believed all the effects! The poor attendant was really trying to make me feel better but I was just crying and crying

2015: Art of Animation + Hard Rock
princessgem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 19, 12:08 AM  
Link to this Post
pdcdad
VIP Dibber

Mobile

My event was at aquatica I was in the on the rapids can’t remember the name but you drift around on a type of lazy river. It’s comes to getting out and the current is so strong ( me weak lol) I went floating by it took me two more circuits to get out I never laughed so much
pdcdad is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 19, 12:58 AM  
Link to this Post
joe 70
Apprentice Imagineer

I can relate to so many of these Stories it’s unreal!
Think i’ll Coin a new phrase for when these type of things happen on our next trip , “Daft as a Dibber!”.
2018 Aurora Villa Virgins/PBH
2019 POR Here we come!
joe 70 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 19, 01:29 AM  
Link to this Post
sizzle
Very Serious Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 11
Mobile

Originally Posted by pdcdad View Post
My event was at aquatica I was in the on the rapids can’t remember the name but you drift around on a type of lazy river. It’s comes to getting out and the current is so strong ( me weak lol) I went floating by it took me two more circuits to get out I never laughed so much
That’s reminded me of the time I couldn’t get out either and had to go round again. Struggled that time too and had to be helped out by 2 men that came to my rescue much to my sons amusement.
Old 9 Jan 19, 01:48 AM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

Leaving Epcot at end of night, along with the hoards, we get to the car. I open the tailgate and Mrs PPM is messing with stuff in the back. I get into the car and start it to get the aircon working.
I hear the passenger door open and close, then there’s an almighty scream and this unknown woman starts punching my arm,screaming and shouting.
She thought I was trying to steal her family’s car, when, in fact her car was next to ours, and she got into the wrong one
When all had settled, her whole family and ours were in tears laughing. In fact we shared some fizzy drinks and crisps ( sorry, chips) together until the traffic eased.
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List