Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 2 Apr 19, 02:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney2019
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
Further up the thread it was mentioned that you would simply say you didn’t have a band when asked.

We’ve always been asked at the gate by the guard if we are guests or dining when arriving by car . This has been at the contemporary, gf and akl . they use to give you the piece of paper for parking but then magic band took over so the security guard scanned your band instead . Hence they would see you habeva reservation so staying overnight or a dining reservation .
I presume this would transfer over to front desk and be added to your room stay if staying overnight .
It says on the dusney sure the same thing about how you will be charged , either by security at the gate ie the magic band or front desk asking you if you’ve arrived by car .
I cant remember saying that to be honest.
Disney2019 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 19, 03:37 PM  
Link to this Post
3family
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I said it earlier. My only point was that non-overnight parking is free so they can’t stop you parking if you don’t have a magic band

So if they ask you for a MB and you don’t provide one, what happens if you stay overnight?

I was more pointing out a loophole or possible source of confusion rather than suggesting someone should/would do it
Old 2 Apr 19, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
jim jehosofat
Imagineer

Originally Posted by 3family View Post
So if they ask you for a MB and you don’t provide one, what happens if you stay overnight?

Car gets towed away after 3 hours grace parking for dining? Just a thought.
jim jehosofat is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 19, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Bartswife
Imagineer

Good grief. As if the hotels arent expensive enough as it is. Glad I don’t go anymore. Why bother with a car. Surely with all the charges for the hotels and the parks as well as the hire costs it’s cheaper to have to taxi to go off site and use Disney transport when on site.
Bartswife is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 19, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Disney2019 View Post
I cant remember saying that to be honest.
You didn’t , someone else did .
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 19, 06:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Bartswife View Post
Good grief. As if the hotels arent expensive enough as it is. Glad I don’t go anymore. Why bother with a car. Surely with all the charges for the hotels and the parks as well as the hire costs it’s cheaper to have to taxi to go off site and use Disney transport when on site.
That’s supposedly the idea , with galaxys edge opening disney knew it would have to do something about cars due to the increasing crowds , so if you deter onsite people from using the car and use the boats, buses , monorail and gondola system in effect you shouldn’t need a car , then the car parks are freed up for offsite guests , or the cynic in me thinks somehow they had to pay for the gondolas and this was the easiest way , plus all other hotels ie universal charge so why not Disney .
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ

Edited at 08:05 PM.
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 19, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney2019
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
That’s supposedly the idea , with galaxys edge opening disney knew it would have to do something about cars due to the increasing crowds , so if you deter onsite people from using the car and use the boats, buses , monorail and gondola system in effect you shouldn’t need a car , then the car parks are freed up for offsite guests , or the cynic in me thinks somehow the pay had to pay for the gondolas and this was the easiest way , plus all other hotels ie universal charge so why not Disney .
Also it'll drive up use of Minnie Vans, ie use bus there and mini van back etc.
Disney2019 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 19, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
3family
Very Serious Dibber

it should be remembered that the vast majority of visitors to WDW don’t stay the length of time visitors from this side of the Atlantic do

So (IMO) Disney wants to make it harder for them to ‘stray’ off site. They offer your the magical express to bring you to and from the airport and all the buses and boats so you can get around WDW

And if you don’t want that ‘convenience’, you can pay for parking your car instead

So whatever savings you make spending off property, they recoup somewhat in parking fees

Edited at 08:05 PM.
3family is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 19, 11:17 PM  
Link to this Post
SantiJB
Gone all Goofy

Mobile

Hi

Some time whiteout any information about parking resorts overnight fee with a UK reservation... is it still free of charge?

Could you please tell us about your experiences?

Thanks
SantiJB is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 19, 08:15 AM  
Link to this Post
7SeasSailor
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Disney2019 View Post
What happens if you're staying say 14 days, but you only have a hire car for certain days during your stay? How do they keep track of the days you do/don't have a car?
Why would they be worried about the days that you don't have a car?