Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 12 Apr 19, 10:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Kawaii
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We booked a standard room at CBR on the release of the free dining last year with Virgin.
Kawaii is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 19, 10:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Kat22
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by derenstar View Post
Sadly, we didn’t get a standard or indeed any rooms at the Wilderness Lodge which was what I wanted on free dining release. I could be wrong but I don’t think Disney released any WL rooms with Free dining last year. We then decided on a 1 bed at OKW but ATD couldn’t guarantee this until 11 months before departure; they said they’d put us in whatever was available if they couldn’t get us OKW when the time came. In the end, I couldn't handle the uncertainty and stretched the budget a bit and booked the Contemporary.
I originally booked seven nights at AKL when the DDP was released, but was able to change to a standard room at WL a couple of weeks later. Virgin holidays made it £100 cheaper as well, where I was fully prepared to pay a bit more. We were over the moon!
Five weeks today! Super excited 😜
Kat22 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 19, 10:23 AM  
Link to this Post
derenstar
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Kat22 View Post
I originally booked seven nights at AKL when the DDP was released, but was able to change to a standard room at WL a couple of weeks later. Virgin holidays made it £100 cheaper as well, where I was fully prepared to pay a bit more. We were over the moon!
Five weeks today! Super excited 😜
Glad to hear you got the WL, it’s such a fantastic resort and so well themed. Unfortunately, Virgin were considerably more than either Disney or ATD for our dates (last week of August) so we didn’t consider them after the initial quote. Neither ATD or Disney offered standard rooms for our dates at free dining release but appreciate they may have done for other dates especially as we were booking more than 18 months in advance at the time! I know some resorts like OKW weren’t available to book before 330 days out. We are however very happy with the resort we’ve ended up with.

Have a fantastic trip! Ours seem so far away in comparison
derenstar is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 19, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post
ClaireVC
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I know it’s not a moderate but we booked BC, there were no standard rooms until about 6 weeks after free dining came out and we booked then. It seems over the years the standard rooms slowly become available you just have to keep checking and wait
Old 12 Apr 19, 02:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat22
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by derenstar View Post
Glad to hear you got the WL, it’s such a fantastic resort and so well themed. Unfortunately, Virgin were considerably more than either Disney or ATD for our dates (last week of August) so we didn’t consider them after the initial quote. Neither ATD or Disney offered standard rooms for our dates at free dining release but appreciate they may have done for other dates especially as we were booking more than 18 months in advance at the time! I know some resorts like OKW weren’t available to book before 330 days out. We are however very happy with the resort we’ve ended up with.

Have a fantastic trip! Ours seem so far away in comparison
Don’t worry, you will be there before you know it! We have stayed at WL before so we were desperate to go back. But I’d love to stay at the contemporary!

After booking a standard room at AKL 386 days before, I kept checking several times a day for standard rooms at WL and they suddenly appeared one Friday afternoon! I was gobsmacked when I called virgin holidays and they told me it was actually cheaper, as it was a few hundred pounds more on the Disney website.
The time has absolutely flown by. All of the resorts are amazing, and let’s face it, you are at Disney, what could be better than that!
Who will be celebrating their birthday when you are there? I’ll be celebrating mine (43rd not 40th i’m afraid!) in the most magical place on earth! (And extra magical evening hours at the magic kingdom! )
Eeek! 😬😃

Edited at 02:28 PM.
Kat22 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 19, 04:25 PM  
Link to this Post

Yes we booked a standard room at YC with free dining.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List