Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 10 Apr 19, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post
squishy
Imagineer

squishy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Intrigued by this one, too. Only stayed at POR before.
DLP DCR - 2009
squishy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 19, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

I absolutely love POFQ for all the reasons mentioned on here. Last year was my first solo visit to WDW and when I got off the plane at MCO all I could think was, what have I done?! But I got on the Magical Express and as soon as I walked into the POFQ lobby I fell in love with it straight away. This year is a bucket list stay at Beach Club but any future visits will be at POFQ.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 19, 04:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by RachelE View Post
Thanks for asking, I hope you don't mind me adding an extra question. What do the standard rooms look out on? On one website, it says they look out at the parking, but on another it says they look over resort landscaping or courtyards.
I stayed in a standard room last year and my room overlooked a car park and lots of landscaping. I tended to keep the curtains closed though as there are walkways past the rooms (I was on the top level) so anyone could look through the windows.

Edited at 04:48 PM.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 19, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Cupcake33
Excited about Disney

We stayed in FQ in 2017 and loved it. We booked a standard room and looked out over a courtyard. As other have mentioned it's the smallest moderate resort and nothing is very far away. There's only one bus stop which is a bonus and the boat to disney springs. We walked to Riverside along the river a few times in the evening to use the food hall and also used the pool there. Planning on going back next year and really want to stay here but hubby wants akl but I#d happily return here. You won't be disappointed
Cupcake33 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 19, 04:57 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
We overlooked a courtyard. Standard view is anything that’s not a water view.

Actually. It looks like they offer standard view / garden view or water views.

Edited at 05:03 PM.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 19, 05:00 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

We stayed here a very long time ago but I don’t think the general landscaping has changed. If we hadn’t bought DVC I think this would have been our go to resort.

BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 19, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Clarkd3
Getting Excited

Mobile

We stayed at POR and because of the outside walkways and heat we kept the blinds partially shut! Therefore the view became irrelevant tbh so we were glad that we didn’t upgrade
Clarkd3 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 19, 05:06 PM  
Link to this Post
goodevans
VIP Dibber

goodevans's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 13
Stayed at POR last year and visited POFQ often !

Much preferred it as it was quieter than POR ...mainly due to it being late April/May we had about 600 dance and cheerleading kids staying onsite at POR .
Unfortunately we found the behaviour bad ... we escaped to POFQ as often as we could !
With hindsight I wish we had booked there .

So IMHO go POFQ
Hotel Cheyenne DLP - 1994,Davy Crockett Ranch DLP - 1996 ,AllStars Sports WDW 1997,DL Hotel DLP - 1998,All Stars Movies WDW - 2000,AKL WDW -03,Newport Bay Club DLP - 04,AKL WDW- 06,Sequoia Lodge DLP 06
Fairfield Inn Marriot Village LBV-12

Hawthorn Suites LBV-14, Hotel Cheyenne DLP-17, LBV, RPR, POR-WDW, AMI+Disney Dream '18
goodevans is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 19, 05:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

I'm so pleased to her such fab reports for FQ! 😃

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 19, 05:22 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie29
Apprentice Imagineer

Totally going against the grain here - I really didn’t like the resort, we stayed 1 night out of a booked 2 and moved over to Wilderness Lodge for our last night (just getting ready to go Airport now so sad). I didn’t like the motel style and the eating area was like a cattle market. We did stay at AKL for 10 nights , then a cruise so probably spoilt ourselves. I just couldn’t take to the style of resort, I like to be inside a hotel and not open my door to the outside corridor.

Edited at 05:24 PM.
minnie29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List