Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 2 May 19, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Originally Posted by shakil View Post
Thanks 3disneykids.

I think I’m going to go for it. But I’m never going to use the word ‘throwaway’ booking again unless I want a telling off! I thought that was the correct terminology so people knew exactly what I was talking about.
Great
I am really intrigued why this bothers people so much lets face it if you are going to Disney you can't be classed as poor whether you are British or American or any other nationality for that matter so you aren't taking a poor persons spot for 1 night (I presume they rarely sell out of spots even when people have booked a 'enhance your stay' booking lol
It is expensive which ever way you do Disney. Some people are on a tighter budget and I don't understand why anyone would begrudge a little perk to a fellow dibber
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 19, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
THECRAZYMOUSE
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I wonder why Disney does not charge the parking fee for the campsite? I forgot to mention earlier but you can take advantage of the emh, that are offered on most days for one park 🙂
THECRAZYMOUSE is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 19, 09:43 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Originally Posted by THECRAZYMOUSE View Post
I wonder why Disney does not charge the parking fee for the campsite? I forgot to mention earlier but you can take advantage of the emh, that are offered on most days for one park 🙂
I wondered this as I am sure Americans have to pay for parking usually?. I think paying for parking is a disgrace especially at $25 a day when you are paying to stay onsite.
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 19, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by 3disneykids View Post
OP you should be able to pick up your Magic bands at any time just to answer the original question lol

Just out of interest YT what impact did it have on others? I really can't see how. If you booked a night you got a 60 FP on a rolling basis. You couldn't secure the top rides and all the people onsite may have 4/5 FOP's for their stay when someone off site can't secure any (This is the benefit of booking onsite) But I can't really see how this massively impacted on anyone.
Just go on some of the Fort Wilderness groups or boards, such as on the other board we won't mention. Say you like throwaway bookings and see what they say- good luck. They haven't been able to book. Hopefully it's changed for the better with the latest restrictions.
One of the examples has already been mentioned above though as how this practise has now affected genuine customers. Due to the crackdown Disney deemed necessary because of this and the cancellation scam (and that was worse than the throwaway booking to be fair), someone who has a split stay booked (or a couple of days booked at the coast for example) now doesn't get the rolling Fastpass. For a short period it also affected DVC on split stays but they amended the DVC system.

Edited at 10:04 PM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 19, 10:07 PM  
Link to this Post
THECRAZYMOUSE
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by 3disneykids View Post
I wondered this as I am sure Americans have to pay for parking usually?. I think paying for parking is a disgrace especially at $25 a day when you are paying to stay onsite.
Yes I think that if you stay onsite free parking should be a perk! If they had included it in the price we probably wouldn’t have noticed 😂 There must be another reason why the campsite doesn’t charge anything when the value resorts do ? This must make it even more attractive to book?
THECRAZYMOUSE is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 19, 10:52 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Just go on some of the Fort Wilderness groups or boards, such as on the other board we won't mention. Say you like throwaway bookings and see what they say- good luck. They haven't been able to book. Hopefully it's changed for the better with the latest restrictions.
One of the examples has already been mentioned above though as how this practise has now affected genuine customers. Due to the crackdown Disney deemed necessary because of this and the cancellation scam (and that was worse than the throwaway booking to be fair), someone who has a split stay booked (or a couple of days booked at the coast for example) now doesn't get the rolling Fastpass. For a short period it also affected DVC on split stays but they amended the DVC system.
Why does it bother you now though? As you say Disney have closed the perks so why does it concern you that the OP has booked FW? I would happily say I liked 'enhancing my trip bookings' as I am now calling them. Also just because people on other threads react badly doesn't mean it is right to react badly even if it is to a lesser degree it doesn't make judging people right .
Is that the only reason, people not being able to book? If a person has booked a 1 night stay an because of that these 'poor Americans' can't book a stay one could argue that they should have booked sooner to secure their holiday. There are lots of different perspectives and I understand why an American customer would feel upset. I just don't understand as a UK customer how this impacts you whatsoever?
I agree the cancellation scam is a whole other matter but someone paying for a night has as much right as every other Disney guest imo. Enjoy your chats on whatever 'other board' you mean.
We are all entitled to make our own choices without having to feel guilty for those choices.
Just to clarify I have also paid to stay onsite and don't begrudge these perks.

Edited at 10:55 PM.
Old 2 May 19, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post
shakil
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

I may actually just get an all stars room for $50 or so more, it's just that our villa booking starts on day 1 we get to Orlando so it seems like I'd be double paying. I may still go that way, because if it's an actual hotel room we will definitely stay and we've never stayed onsite at WDW so may be an experience in itself. Will need to decide soon!

Edited at 10:56 PM.
shakil is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 19, 10:58 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

I would actually just get an all stars room for $50 or so more, it's just that our villa booking starts on day 1 we get to Orlando. I may still go that way, because if it's an actual hotel room we will definitely stay.
I wouldn't feel guilty and pay for a hotel because people don't like others trying to maximise the enjoyment of their holiday through a legitimate booking. It is their problem and not yours
Enjoy your holiday
Old 3 May 19, 09:01 AM  
Link to this Post
THECRAZYMOUSE
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I may actually just get an all stars room for $50 or so more, it's just that our villa booking starts on day 1 we get to Orlando so it seems like I'd be double paying. I may still go that way, because if it's an actual hotel room we will definitely stay and we've never stayed onsite at WDW so may be an experience in itself. Will need to decide soon!
I really do not like double paying either. But yes a chance to experience onsite and the perks of early fp, magic bands and parking, I still think it will work well for you. Whatever you decide have a fantastic holiday 🙂
Old 5 May 19, 09:56 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

For $50 more it will be well worth it, as you’ll experience staying on site, and you’ll get a taste of what it’s like. Have a good holiday.