Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 10 May 19, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Hailz
Trying for More Ears

Mobile Coating feeling on hair

The last month or so my hair feels as though it's got a coating on it.

Even after washing it, it looks and feels as if it's waxy/greasy. Hair looks dull and unwashed due to this.

I've tried washing it with washing up liquid didn't help. I've dyed it and does feel slightly better but still lacking the softness from the roots to about the 1st 5 inches of hair and the nice shine it used to have.

I've got gallstones and someone I know said when there partner had them there skin and hair changed.

Looking for recommendations on how to fix it.
Hailz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 19, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

Have you had your gallstones longer than a few months?

If so and the problem has only been apparent in the last few months I’d suspect something else was the cause.

Have you used anything new in the last month or two?

ETA: gallbladder issues usually cause dryness and hair thinning... sounds like your issue is more buildup/coating which is very common with silicone based hair products

Edited at 08:13 PM.
IBEX23 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 19, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Loobylou_82
Imagineer

You could be getting product build up from your shampoo, conditioner and anything else you use on your hair. You need to shampoo it with pantene clarifying shampoo. It removes all product build up that makes your hair lack lustre, greasy or lank looking.

Edited at 08:23 PM.
Loobylou_82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 19, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Hailz
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by scouse_minx View Post
Have you had your gallstones longer than a few months?

If so and the problem has only been apparent in the last few months I’d suspect something else was the cause.

Have you used anything new in the last month or two?

ETA: gallbladder issues usually cause dryness and hair thinning... sounds like your issue is more buildup/coating which is very common with silicone based hair products
I was diagnosed end of January with gallstones but don't think it's to do with them.

The only other thing I can think of is I took a break from my pill for about 6 weeks. I've now restarted it so wonder if it's to do with hormone change. Hoping now I'm back on it my hair and skin my improve.
Hailz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 19, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Hailz
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by Loobylou_82 View Post
You could be getting product build up from your shampoo, conditioner and anything else you use on your hair. You need to shampoo it with pantene clarifying shampoo. It removes all product build up that makes your hair lack lustre, greasy or lank looking.
I'm going to try a clarifying shampoo hopefully that helps. I'm fed up my hair looking unwashed all the time.
Old 10 May 19, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Ryles
Imagineer

Mobile

Any kind of clarifying shampoo should work. I put an intensive conditioner on the other week. Instead of leaving it on overnight I left it on for about 48 hours thinking the longer I leave it the better. However it coated it in grease. It took a good couple of washes to get it out but it did work. I used Fudge detox. I try and use a clarifying shampoo once a month as they do seem to get rid of all the gunk I stick on my hair.
Old 10 May 19, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Hailz View Post
I was diagnosed end of January with gallstones but don't think it's to do with them.

The only other thing I can think of is I took a break from my pill for about 6 weeks. I've now restarted it so wonder if it's to do with hormone change. Hoping now I'm back on it my hair and skin my improve.
Quite possibly could be hormonal. I’d recommend strong clarifying shampoo - Redken do a salon type one you can buy online.

I’d also ditch any silicone and sulphate based shampoos and conditioners. OGX do a good range of silicone and sulphate free shampoos and conditioners which can be found at boots or Superdrug.

Finally I’d also make sure you’re not over washing to compensate as you feel it’s greasy. Over washing is counter productive - if the change is hormonal, it’s usually that your body is producing more oils due to hormone changes. Washing the hair more can encourage the scalp to produce more oil, so it ends up a vicious circle.
IBEX23 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 19, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Could you possibly have an underachieve thyroid? Why I had my thyroid removed, until my medication kicked in to get my thryroid levels back to normal, my hair felt horrendous. It took a few months to get it back to feeling 'normal'.
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 19, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Dougie
Imagineer

Dougie's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

I had this a couple of years ago.

Wash your hair, then use conditioner and then shampoo it again. Worked perfectly.
Dougie is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 19, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Hailz
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by marypoppins38 View Post
Could you possibly have an underachieve thyroid? Why I had my thyroid removed, until my medication kicked in to get my thryroid levels back to normal, my hair felt horrendous. It took a few months to get it back to feeling 'normal'.
I had my thyroid checked last year and it was fine. I've got my pre-op this week (getting gallbladder removed) might ask nurse about it.