Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 11 May 19, 09:51 AM  
Link to this Post
DanniC
Excited about Disney

Mobile Time to start packing!

Well we fly a week on Wednesday and I’ve decided to start the packing this weekend...
Last time we went we all had a bag each for on the plane... I was constantly checking the little ones making sure they had theirs, luckily we only lost a neck cushion 👍🏻
This time I’m considering just a cabin case and putting everything in that, things to keep the boys busy, phones, cameras, wipes, sunglasses, brush, snacks etc.
Hubby will take a little bag for the tickets and money etc.
Does anyone else do this?

I find the packing so daunting... but i will be making sure I spread everyone’s clothes between each case Incase we loose one 🤞🏻 We don’t!

Any advice would be great!

Port Orleans French Quarters April 2017
Coronado Springs here we come May 2019 !
DanniC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 19, 10:03 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Exciting times!

We are at 67 days out and already my wife is debating on whether to carry out a ‘practice pack’... or two.

Our issues are rather different in that we are flying to Boston with Norwegian and are ‘hand baggage only and limited to 10kg each. We then have further flights, LaGUardia NY to Dayton OH and then, Cincinnati OH to MCO where it is again hand baggage, but no weight limits. Fortunately, our home MIA to LGW with Norwegian leg includes hold luggage (if we need it).

With hand baggage, we will each be self contained (doubtless with my case containing plenty of my wife’s stuff). We will however have to check the packaging of our boys (13 and 11). The thing that we do ensure is that money, cash cards etc are distributed across the four bags in order that all our eggs are not in the one basket. We have also, traditionally placed all valuables such as Cameras, I Pads, phones, satnav etc in hand baggage, rather than hold. I hold all documents etc in an A5 folder with ‘slippery fish’ inside that are clipped at the top so that nothing falls out.

Enjoy your vacation!

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 19, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post
beck_loz
Imagineer

beck_loz's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
We fly the day after you. Im going to spend this weekend packing and making sure everything's done Have a great time.
beck_loz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 19, 10:15 AM  
Link to this Post
DanniC
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by beck_loz View Post
We fly the day after you. Im going to spend this weekend packing and making sure everything's done Have a great time.
You too! I don’t even know how many suitcases I’m going to fill 😂

DanniC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 19, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post
signtalker
Imagineer

Ive been packed since last September lol

Jules
signtalker is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 19, 10:33 AM  
Link to this Post
DanniC
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by signtalker View Post
Ive been packed since last September lol

Jules
That’s amazing! I used to be this organised but with 2 young boys and working full time it’s just a no no now!

Old 11 May 19, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
katy341
Imagineer

Mobile

We have 4 kids. They like to have their own bag but they are old enough to carry abd care for them themselves. They have sweets, crisps, magazines, activity packs etc in theirs and I take headphones, phones, iPads, passports/tickets and money in mine x
katy341 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 19, 10:47 AM  
Link to this Post
DanniC
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Oh another question...
Last time we went I took haribo sweets in our luggage, I declared them, and security said to me “we do sell candy in the us mam” 😂 anyway... do I have to declare them? Or can I put in hand luggage... they are so handy to take as when the boys need a little energy boost they are small enough to carry around...

Old 11 May 19, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
katy341
Imagineer

Mobile

Lol no u dont need to declare sweets in hand luggage x
katy341 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 19, 11:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Caroian
Imagineer

Personally I never rely on putting things we might actually want on the flight in a large cabin case due to the risk of space in the cabin running out and the need to put that case in the hold (but then, we like to be among the last to board - why be crammed in longer than necessary? - so I guess this risk is higher. We also fly a lot of short haul where this risk is higher too.) Plus, large cases need to go in the overhead bins and it is much harder to get stuff in and out, meaning you end up with everything crammed in the seat pockets and taking up your precious knee room! If we take a roll along cabin suitcase then we simply treat it as an extension of hold luggage that you don't need to pay extra for.

We carry a lot of electronics and a lot of medical supplies, but can still easily manage without a cabin suitcase - a good size rucksack that will fit under the seat in front and a Crumpler camera/laptop bag. If we do take a bag for our son (he's now at the age where a Boostpak is handy) then we accept that we will need to carry that in the airport too.
Caroian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List