Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 11 May 19, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
*jovi_girl*
Imagineer

Mobile Acne again

Ds 16 is currently on some strong acne meds where he has to visit the hospital for check ups every few weeks.

Ds 14 is now covered in acne and I want to try and avoid the hospital route if at all possible.

Anyone got any over the counter remedies that have worked for their children?
*jovi_girl* is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 19, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Prolagene Gel by Decleor greatly improved my sons acne and is not medication so worth a try. It was developed for burns victims and is like a wonder healing gel.

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 19, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
*jovi_girl*
Imagineer

Mobile

Does it really work that well? It’s a lot of money to spend on something if it doesn’t 😭😭😭

Which one did you use? Been googling and there seems to be a few different ones. Can it only be bought online?
*jovi_girl* is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 19, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
judy22
Apprentice Imagineer

If it’s that bad why avoid the hospital route? When my daughters acne was awful, friends advice was not to go to hospital but then their kids didn’t suffer from acne as my daughter did. I ignored them and we went down the rocaccutane route. Not plain sailing but 100% worth it. We tried all the over the counter remedies and long term antibiotics and nothing helped. Rocaccutane was a miracle cure for my daughter. Suffering from acne can cause depression so I wanted to cure it quickly for my daughter which it did.
judy22 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 19, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Some acne can be treated with prescriptions and not hospital referral. My sisters lad had dreadful acne and he did not want to go to school. He was 14 at the time. His doctor prescribed a topical solution and its cleared up perfectly! Doctor gave my sister the normal advice, change pillow case daily and face towel, don’t touch, drink as much water as possible, bathe it and dab dry.
The doctor also did that if the topical solution did not work they would try an antibiotic that’s a 6 months course. A hospital referral was a last resort.
My daughter started to get a few spots but not acne, I got her a deep clean starter set that had wipes, general facial scrub & moisturiser and it was £10 that was hood for normal teenage spots x
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 19, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by *jovi_girl* View Post
Does it really work that well? It’s a lot of money to spend on something if it doesn’t 😭😭😭

Which one did you use? Been googling and there seems to be a few different ones. Can it only be bought online?
The doctor was about to prescribe roaccutane when we decided to give it a try and we were astounded with the results. Everyone is different I guess, so I cannot promise it will help but I genuinely think it is worth trying. My son had cystic acne, and was very bad on his neck face and back we saw improvement after two weeks of application.

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 19, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Weddingnyc
Apprentice Imagineer

I wish my mum had pushed for me to visit the hospital 22 years ago. But I was embarrassed and said no.
Try antibiotics, they can work real well.
I have bought the decleor gel (and then found it £10 cheaper on Amazon than their own site &#128580 6 weeks ago, but haven’t noticed any difference in my skin yet. Unfortunately for me, roaccutane wasn’t worth the awful side affects but it can work amazingly well.
NY and Boston July 2020
Weddingnyc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 19, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie18
Imagineer

Mobile

I would 100% say go as natural as possible. My brother went down the hospital route when there was so much he could have done himself... Unfortunately the tablets he got at the hospital have now left him infertile and he's only 23 😪
Minnie18 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 19, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Anne K
Imagineer

Anne K's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by *jovi_girl* View Post

Buy from QVC, if it doesn't work you can send it back within 30 days
Anne K is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 19, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post
*jovi_girl*
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Anne K View Post
Buy from QVC, if it doesn't work you can send it back within 30 days
I’m willing to give it a try so I've ordered from amazon. It was only £15 on there instead of about £30 elsewhere.
Just bought the smaller bottle to try it