Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 18 Jun 19, 08:31 AM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

It's the dam waiting thats a bloody PITA isn't it. Just continue to concentrate on getting on that plane in November. Did you have holiday insurance in place b4 you booked the holiday? Have you let the know what's happening?
Come to think about it I had better let my insurance know I am pending a possible op too as I have to pay up our holiday this week! Me telling you what to do & I have not done it myself!
Continue to stay positive. My friend is on anti-coagulents for life & the leg stockings & has just booked to go to Sydney - insurance was high but then all insurance is nowadays isn't it!
Old 18 Jun 19, 09:41 PM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by THE WIZARD View Post
It's the dam waiting thats a bloody PITA isn't it. Just continue to concentrate on getting on that plane in November. Did you have holiday insurance in place b4 you booked the holiday? Have you let the know what's happening?
Come to think about it I had better let my insurance know I am pending a possible op too as I have to pay up our holiday this week! Me telling you what to do & I have not done it myself!
Continue to stay positive. My friend is on anti-coagulents for life & the leg stockings & has just booked to go to Sydney - insurance was high but then all insurance is nowadays isn't it!
I have year round travel insurance and had fully declared all previous medical conditions and procedures. So yes, in place before booking and I’ll need to update them as soon as I have definite treatment plan.

I have been advised I will need to be in hospital for a minimum of 2/3 weeks if all goes well and will be unable to fly for 3 months post discharge. So hurrah! Will be able to fly by November

A little light at the end of the tunnel
IBEX23 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 19, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
How are you doing today? Been thinking of you xx

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 19, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by NewtoOrlando View Post
How are you doing today? Been thinking of you xx
Aw thanks for asking.

So my official diagnosis is multiple bilateral blood clots throughout the lower parts of both lungs.

I also have a substantial clot formation leading from the vein at my right ankle to my right renal vein. Entire block and clot of the veins in the right leg, groin and abdomen.

Treatment will be on stages. Stage one is reduce immediately life threatening complications of stroke and heart attack. A series of anticoagulant injections will make my blood less sticky and mean my body will have a chance to break down the clots in my lungs. Surgery is not an option as the clots are located too far down into the lungs to risk those being removed without breaking apart.

Stage Two of treatment will be done in 3 months when the lung clots should be dissolved and will involve surgery to the right leg.. a catheter will be fed into my neck to travel the entire length of the vein from the renal area to the ankle and bust the clot - due to the compact nature and size of this clot it will not be reabsorbed and could cause permanent damage to the leg.

Stage 3 is a background investigation into why this happened and so far the areas being tested for are auto immune conditions (I already have one type), rare blood disorders, rare blood cancers and rare aggressive cancers. Hopefully these results will come in the next few weeks.

I am on high dose steroids as my white cell count is abnormally high without reasons, anticoagulant injections for clots, morphine for pain and only allowed ‘gentle..’ mobilising to the toilet.

So... it’s been a whirlwind. I have spend several days on ITU and have now been stepped down for ward treatment and observation.

Thanks for reading this far
IBEX23 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 19, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
JessBlu
Imagineer

Mobile

Wow ! Hope it all goes well.
JessBlu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 19, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Universal VR
Imagineer

I hardly know what to say, poor you! . Hope the treatment goes well. Good luck!
Old 20 Jun 19, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
TC Devon
Imagineer

Mobile

Blimey that must have been a lot to take in. Speedy recovery and hope results come back clear.
TC Devon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 19, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
jo williams
Very Serious Dibber

Hope your feeling better soon, and the treatment goes well.
jo williams is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 19, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

So sorry to hear this. Hope the treatment works well and quickly for you.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 19, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Hmr89
slightly serious Dibber

Thinking of you xx Hope your treatment plan is a success
Hmr89 is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List