Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 11 Jul 19, 03:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Lucydog
Getting to know the DIBB

I tried to book RPR today with tesco vouchers but was informed that all the deluxe universal hotels have been excluded from using tesco club card vouchers. This was after I tried to use my code which didn’t work and calling hotels.com who told me this.
Gutted. I’m presuming this has just been changed as I know others have booked very recently with no problem.
Lucydog is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 19, 04:27 PM  
Link to this Post
JanetteP
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lucydog View Post
I tried to book RPR today with tesco vouchers but was informed that all the deluxe universal hotels have been excluded from using tesco club card vouchers. This was after I tried to use my code which didn’t work and calling hotels.com who told me this.
Gutted. I’m presuming this has just been changed as I know others have booked very recently with no problem.
I booked 5 minutes ago into RPR for 9th October using my Clubcard vouchers. You need to put the voucher code in the voucher code box and pay in full not reserve with deposit.

Janette
Dreamy Corner June 23, Potter’s Villa May 22, Shamu Villa Sep 22,AKL, HRH Lakeside Haven Sep 19, Lakeside Haven RPR May 19. White Blossom & Viburnum Villa Aug 18. SSR, Aurora Villa May 18. Kidani, RPR Champion Florida Villa 17, Staybridge Suites, White Blossom & Owens Villa 16 OKW, Champion Florida Villa & RPR 16, Magic Landings 15, Grand Reserve & HRH 2014, Tuscan Pines 12, Highgrove 09, Legacy Park 07, Indian Point 06 and 05, Florida Pines 04
Graduation Trip 2019
+ Trip Report 2018
JanetteP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 19, 04:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Lucydog
Getting to know the DIBB

Hi thanks for replying, I did exactly that! I don’t know where I’m going wrong then?
I used the link through the tesco site, I typed in the code I received into the coupon box exactly as it read and put pay in full online and nothing happened?
I am very perplexed.
Old 11 Jul 19, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post
JanetteP
Imagineer

Hi thanks for replying, I did exactly that! I don’t know where I’m going wrong then?
I used the link through the tesco site, I typed in the code I received into the coupon box exactly as it read and put pay in full online and nothing happened?
I am very perplexed.
Try copying and pasting the code - keep trying as it does work. Also, make sure you use the voucher code and not the order number.

Janette
Dreamy Corner June 23, Potter’s Villa May 22, Shamu Villa Sep 22,AKL, HRH Lakeside Haven Sep 19, Lakeside Haven RPR May 19. White Blossom & Viburnum Villa Aug 18. SSR, Aurora Villa May 18. Kidani, RPR Champion Florida Villa 17, Staybridge Suites, White Blossom & Owens Villa 16 OKW, Champion Florida Villa & RPR 16, Magic Landings 15, Grand Reserve & HRH 2014, Tuscan Pines 12, Highgrove 09, Legacy Park 07, Indian Point 06 and 05, Florida Pines 04
Graduation Trip 2019
+ Trip Report 2018
JanetteP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 19, 05:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Lucydog
Getting to know the DIBB

Thanks so much for your advice😊
I’m definitely putting in the code starting with AFTES...
I tried it a few times, refreshing the page and then when I was on the phone to the guy at hotels.com, he tried it too and it didn’t work for him either?
I don’t know what to do now. I called tesco who refunded me my vouchers as I was very worried in case I’d lost £300 worth of vouchers, and they have now cancelled my voucher. I think I’d be a bit worried to try again now in case the same thing happened?
What a palaver! 🙄
Old 11 Jul 19, 05:48 PM  
Link to this Post
JanetteP
Imagineer

Thanks so much for your advice😊
I’m definitely putting in the code starting with AFTES...
I tried it a few times, refreshing the page and then when I was on the phone to the guy at hotels.com, he tried it too and it didn’t work for him either?
I don’t know what to do now. I called tesco who refunded me my vouchers as I was very worried in case I’d lost £300 worth of vouchers, and they have now cancelled my voucher. I think I’d be a bit worried to try again now in case the same thing happened?
What a palaver! 🙄
I think I know what the problem is - there's a limit of £250 of Clubcard vouchers that can be used for Hotel.com bookings, and Tesco should have known that - it's in the additional information on the Tesco Clubcard Hotels.com page.

Janette
Graduation Trip 2019
+ Trip Report 2018

Edited at 05:50 PM.
Old 11 Jul 19, 05:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Lucydog
Getting to know the DIBB

Hi, sorry, I probably didn’t make it clear, it was £100 worth of vouchers changed up to £300 with the club card boost?
Is it £250 max once they’ve been boosted?
I just thought I’d seen others saying that they had just paid for the taxes for their room and the vouchers had covered the rest?
Old 11 Jul 19, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post
JanetteP
Imagineer

Hi, sorry, I probably didn’t make it clear, it was £100 worth of vouchers changed up to £300 with the club card boost?
Is it £250 max once they’ve been boosted?
I just thought I’d seen others saying that they had just paid for the taxes for their room and the vouchers had covered the rest?
Yes - it's £250 maximum once they've been boosted.

The maximum amount of Clubcard vouchers that you can turn into Hotels.com vouchers is £250.

Janette
Graduation Trip 2019
+ Trip Report 2018

Edited at 05:54 PM.
Old 11 Jul 19, 06:03 PM  
Link to this Post
JanetteP
Imagineer

Hmm - you've made me think now - maybe it's £250 of vouchers before the boost? Also, the reviews on the site say that mobile devices don't work.

Janette
Graduation Trip 2019
+ Trip Report 2018

Edited at 06:12 PM.
Old 11 Jul 19, 06:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Lucydog
Getting to know the DIBB

The £250 max would definitely explain why it didn’t work as I had a code for £300 off the price of the hotel.
I tried with my iPad and my hubbys laptop and neither worked.
I think I’ll have to give tesco a ring tomorrow and see if they can shed some light on it?
Just as a matter of interest, when you booked RPR today, was your voucher for less than £250?