Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 9 Jul 19, 08:57 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Had you booked special assistance at MCO ?
Frankly the issues on the plane and the ground were two different issues and a security guard is just that . He has no authority beyond his own duties. As for "comedic entertainment" I doubt that , but if the staff were getting harassed by passengers because of delays in immigration or baggage handling so outside of their control, perhaps that was why.
As for no food, you knew you were late, there were plenty of food outlets both in arrivals at MCO and on the road to your villa surely ?

I do think if you want to take this further you need to be very clear who you complain to and about what . A complaint needs to be directed to those responsible for each issue and not a big mish mash of everything to get any resolution. Thomas Cook for example have no control over baggage handling at any arrival airport.
Hopefully after a sleep things are looking better and you can now focus on enjoying your holiday.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 19, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post
skb 123
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
...A 5 hour delay will make the flight loss making
So will regular planes full of irate customers vowing never to travel with them again. No wonder they are in trouble!
skb 123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 19, 09:07 AM  
Link to this Post
itsmeGAV
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by skb 123 View Post
So will regular planes full of irate customers vowing never to travel with them again. No wonder they are in trouble!
Being delayed has nothing to do with why they're in trouble, they had aircraft issues on this occasion.
Jan 24 - Family timeshare, Vacation Villages at Parkway
Mar 25 - Family timeshare, Holiday Inn Club Vacations @ Orange Lake
itsmeGAV is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 19, 09:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

You would think so but most book on price alone - hence Ryan Air getting away with awful service for so long
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 19, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

What a dreadful experience for you!
Airlines want planes in the air as every minute they’re on the ground costs them money, so you got a duff plane, then were unlucky with the weather, then had that “nothing to do with me” attitude to the problems. In customer services training, the company I worked for used to say if a customer complained, Acknowledge, Apologise, Explain.
The threatening attitude of the security guard sounds out of proportion to the situation and not pleasant when you’re on the receiving end. It’s even more jarring when you come into a normally relaxed airport like Orlando.
Try and enjoy your holiday now and good luck with getting a reasonable response.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 19, 09:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Minnie18
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
Had you booked special assistance at MCO ?
Frankly the issues on the plane and the ground were two different issues and a security guard is just that . He has no authority beyond his own duties. As for "comedic entertainment" I doubt that , but if the staff were getting harassed by passengers because of delays in immigration or baggage handling so outside of their control, perhaps that was why.
As for no food, you knew you were late, there were plenty of food outlets both in arrivals at MCO and on the road to your villa surely ?

I do think if you want to take this further you need to be very clear who you complain to and about what . A complaint needs to be directed to those responsible for each issue and not a big mish mash of everything to get any resolution. Thomas Cook for example have no control over baggage handling at any arrival airport.
Hopefully after a sleep things are looking better and you can now focus on enjoying your holiday.

I agree with your points Duchy. OP you have my sympathy and I wish you a fantastic holiday.
Minnie18 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 19, 09:37 AM  
Link to this Post
RickT
Imagineer

Mobile

Not a good experience from the sounds of it.

However, you need to simplify your complaint into a bullet point list detailing each item to be addressed.

Some of the points raised are imo more feedback rather than complaining.

Good luck
Las Vegas 18 - Florida 18 -Holland 18 -Bratislava 18 -Florida 17 -Holland 17 -Rhodes 17 - Kos 17 - France 16-Belgium 16-Holland 16-Germany 16-Sopot Poland 15-Kos 15-DLP SQL 15-Hampton Lakes 14-Hamburg 14- Berlin 13-WestRidge Villas 12-Krakow 12-France 11-Turkey 11-Germany 10-Marbella 10-Jamaica 09-Dublin 09-Dublin 08-Paris 08-Zante Villa 08-Egypt 2008-Rhodes 2008-Sweden 08-Norway 08-Rhodes 07- Huatulco Mexico 07-DLP Magic Circus 2007-Dublin 2007-Sweden 07-Greece 06/05/04-Barcelona 04-Rhodes 02
RickT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 19, 09:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

Nonsense if that was the case no one would book Ryan Air or EasyJet it goes on price and convenience, I would not fly TC or TUI for the simple reason that they do not have enough planes if there is a problem to cover it.

The EU compensation rules have a downside and this is one of them that in the past airlines would rather a delay even if it meant buying an additional slot, however if this plane was 5 hours late they would not only lose their profit but all of the fares that they had taken.

Years ago I was fly8ng back from Charlotte and had a 5 hour delay there were only 40 of us on the plane and the delay was caused buy needing a toilet pumped out which was quicker in and cheaper in CLT than London.

To the OP I am so sorry for your experience it’s hard enough for you to make this trip as it is, I last took my mum on a flight to Italy and it required careful planning and lots of help some was good some was bad.

My mum is in a wheel chair and can’t weight bare on her legs and I know her fear is a non self propelled wheelchair. I do take her to the loo if needed though usually to a disabled but also in the women’s if need be.
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 19, 09:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Holidaylover19
VIP Dibber

Holidaylover19's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
If one of the toilets just had a broken lock, could someone just have held it closed for you? I've done that plenty of times in normal public toilets. That's very frustrating- toilet access is a huge deal for me too- 99% of the time you won't need a oxygen mask either when using the loo. Unless they were actually blocked and the cabin crew were just making excuses up?
Holidaylover19 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 19, 10:03 AM  
Link to this Post
bloominadversit
Getting Excited

Mobile

Originally Posted by Holidaylover19 View Post
If one of the toilets just had a broken lock, could someone just have held it closed for you? I've done that plenty of times in normal public toilets. That's very frustrating- toilet access is a huge deal for me too- 99% of the time you won't need a oxygen mask either when using the loo. Unless they were actually blocked and the cabin crew were just making excuses up?
I think most airplane toilets don’t switch the light on until they are locked, so perhaps you’d be peeing in the dark?!
bloominadversit is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List