Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 10 Nov 19, 06:04 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by juliab View Post
Fab start to your Yosemite stay those photo's of the drive in and Tunnel view are fab. I too was brought to tears.
Can't wait to read about the rest
Oh I'm so glad I wasn't the only one brought to tears
It's so stunningly beautiful isn't it?

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 19, 04:50 PM  
Link to this Post
LLKJDisney
VIP Dibber

LLKJDisney's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We loved Yosemite too, tears all the way! so stunningly beautiful...unspoilt natural beauty all around you
LLKJDisney is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 19, 10:52 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Jakes Mom View Post
We loved Yosemite too, tears all the way! so stunningly beautiful...unspoilt natural beauty all around you
Haha, Yosemite really does have affect on you doesn't it? It made me feel quite small with the sheer size of everything around you

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 19, 12:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Wow, how stunning is Yosemite. Looking forward to seeing more pics of it.

I hope the camping was good, I didn't expect there to be tents, more like log cabins or something more sturdy than canvas to keep the bears out

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 19, 11:34 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Fuellady View Post
Wow, how stunning is Yosemite. Looking forward to seeing more pics of it.

I hope the camping was good, I didn't expect there to be tents, more like log cabins or something more sturdy than canvas to keep the bears out
It's one of the most beautiful places I've ever been, there and the Grand Canyon and Death Valley. The sheer size of everything just makes your jaw drop!
Hmmm camping wasn't great, not one of my better holiday plans

IG - alicialanesmith
Old 18 Jan 20, 12:04 AM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

I know you had shall we say mixed views of the tents , but can you tell me how to book them, how far in advance ( we would be August too) and roughly how much they were ?
thanks

Awesome photos by the way
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 20, 01:45 AM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by buryboy View Post
I know you had shall we say mixed views of the tents , but can you tell me how to book them, how far in advance ( we would be August too) and roughly how much they were ?
thanks

Awesome photos by the way
Hi there
We booked directly through Travel Yosemite, I believe its the best site to use as others can take a fee. We booked in the January but would book as soon as you have your flights sorted as if going in the school hols they do sell out quickly. Doing a rough quote for this year its coming out at $484.83 for 3 nights which I'm sure is cheaper than what we paid last year! Maybe the prices have gone down?

IG - alicialanesmith
Old 19 Jan 20, 09:40 AM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Thanks a lot . I had been looking on a very impressive official looking website that I thought was the real one but the small print was a non refundable fee
I found the travel Yosemite site last night $ 177 per night ( didn’t click through so not sure if taxes to add or not ) but that would work out either way more than you just found .
I thought the official park sites ( have done Grand Canyon ) had fixed fees ( ie doesnt matter how early you book so long as availability ) but going to ask and find out about that

Did you find any other relatively cheap options you wish you had booked instead ?
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads

Edited at 09:42 AM.
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 20, 09:58 AM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by buryboy View Post
Thanks a lot . I had been looking on a very impressive official looking website that I thought was the real one but the small print was a non refundable fee
I found the travel Yosemite site last night $ 177 per night ( didn’t click through so not sure if taxes to add or not ) but that would work out either way more than you just found .
I thought the official park sites ( have done Grand Canyon ) had fixed fees ( ie doesnt matter how early you book so long as availability ) but going to ask and find out about that

Did you find any other relatively cheap options you wish you had booked instead ?
How strange you got a higher rate? This is the amount I got for the same dates we stayed last year.

I thought that too but after asking on here many Dibbers said to book through Travel Yosemite.
In hindsight I wish I had booked a lodge type room, still in Curry Village or booked Yosemite Valley Lodge although it’s a lot more expensive and would have to be booked about a year out as they sell out very quickly

IG - alicialanesmith
Old 19 Jan 20, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

I was hoping you were getting a cheaper rate for booking 3 nights ( I been trying two ) but no joy
The bizarre reason is that you are 2 adults 2 children
We are 4 adults
So our would be $200.10 inc tax - an eye watering amount for a tent
( we got a lodge at Grand Canyon a few years back for less than £100 a night)

We don't do tents as a family over here , but looking at ways of making the trip affordable
Using your own tent seems to be as little as $26 a night , but seems extremely hard to get one ( not surprisingly ) but still considering that option - could just buy one in the states and throw it away at the end