Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 28 Oct 19, 10:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisbon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
We offer both types of cups ,plates ,glasses etc but ask guests to use plastic outside because if you drop a glass or plate and they smash a shard could go in the pool or on the pool deck and someone could step on it
Rob
Lisbon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 19, 11:28 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

I am wondering what is meant by plastic pool furniture. The best outdoor furniture is made by a company called Palm Casual and it's far from cheap it is actually something called PVC pipe but I can see how it may look like ordinary plastic in photos. I am saying this as I have never been to a villa with plastic furniture so I wonder if that's a common misconception.

Regarding plastic cups if a glass is broken on the pool deck the whole pool is put out of action while it is drained and that is an expensive and time consuming operation. Most hotels also use plastic glasses in the pool area.

Edited at 01:48 PM.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 19, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Lindaelaine
Imagineer

Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
I am wondering what is meant by plastic pool furniture. The best outdoor furniture is made by a company called Palm Casual and it's far from cheap it is actually aluminium pipe but I can see how it may look like plastic. I am saying this as I have never been to a villa with plastic furniture so I wonder if that's a common misconception.

Regarding plastic cups if a glass is broken on the pool deck the whole pool is put out of action while it is drained and that is an expensive and time consuming operation. Most hotels also use plastic glasses in the pool area.
I don’t understand it either Sue
, this was our last villa and I don’t see anything at all off putting with this plastic .

Aug 2018...Westridge. Aug 2019... Miami & Solterra Resort
Lindaelaine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 19, 11:38 AM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by blusteryday View Post
Personally, if it has a pool, a relatively modern decor, WiFi and it's the right price everything else is immaterial. It's a place to sleep.
^^^ this
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 19, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Susan Coleman
Imagineer

Susan Coleman's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We provide good quality melamine crockery and glasses ...and insist on use outside for reasons stated above...so dangerous to get glass in the pool or even pool area
We also have so much quality crockery to use indoors
I am thinking of all the talk of chintzy and old fashioned furniture is referring to the kind of provision provided in the standard furniture packages offered with villa purchase...especially around 10 years ago and before...
Most villa owners replace all that as soon as they can..
the villas that are offered on the more budget/cheaper side are likely to be those who cannot afford to replace/upgrade...
Choose you villas carefully... xx
Relax with drinks on the south facing pool terrace...
All day sun..fabulous lake view...beautiful sunsets...
Disney magic in professionally themed Mickey's room!

http://www.disneyvillaaurora.com
New pool mosaics and lights!
Susan Coleman is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 19, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
ziggyzag
Imagineer

The first time we rented a villa, I took the plastic picnic tumblers and plates, just incase we broke any, didn't realise they had them anyway for around the pool area
ziggyzag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 19, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Chintzy furnishings and themed bedrooms.
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 19, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Lindaelaine View Post
I don’t understand it either Sue
, this was our last villa and I don’t see anything at all off putting with this plastic .

I have never stayed in a villa but have lived overseas for seven years in hot humid climates quite similar to Florida and this is exactly the style we had in our own outdoor settings both times. It is ideal and I think looks great. When we left and needed to sell it was all snapped up within minutes (and we didn’t go to cheap).
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 19, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
It just has to be modern and clean with a nice pool and no worms, our Villa in 2018 had worms in the pool, deck and garage every day. It was beautiful but that spoilt it a bit. We moved on to Cape Coral and that one was gorgeous
Old 28 Oct 19, 02:29 PM  
Link to this Post
angelbabe
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sandra & co View Post
It just has to be modern and clean with a nice pool and no worms, our Villa in 2018 had worms in the pool, deck and garage every day. It was beautiful but that spoilt it a bit. We moved on to Cape Coral and that one was gorgeous
Hi Sandra, we’ve lived here for over 11 years and I can say that each year we seem to have a different thing going on with garden bugs etc. We do have a large garden full of tropical trees and plants.

One summer all we had were water beetles. They were everywhere, garden, pool. One year we had worms, after every storm washing in the pool and deck. One year an abundance of dragon flies. We haven’t seen a cockroach for a year or two, even with spraying a couple normally get in and die but no cockroaches at all. It’s weird!

This year we have a hawk, wild rabbits and a family of armadillos! We always have snakes, squirrels and geckos and beautiful big butterflies.
angelbabe is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List