Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 17 Nov 19, 03:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Lindaelaine
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Smilesonfaces View Post
He had to ensure he got his service in the Falklands war in to the interview somewhere though didn’t he ? It’s the only thing he has done in his life that has gained him any public support.
I have always thought Prince Andrew came across as slimy. I don’t think we know the full truth of his divorce either. The set up with Fergie does seem very strange.
As for Prince Williams alleged affair. All people have to go on is Kate has fallen out with one of her friends so of course the only thing women fall out about is a man ! Maybe they fell out over the children...maybe she had the affair with her. Or maybe it was just a friendship that had run it’s course. Who knows.

Prince Andrew didn’t do himself any favours in this interview. He is a free loader who who will associate with anyone with enough money. He didn’t “let the side” down, he let the country, himself and the Queen down. He needs to go through this with the lawyers not the media.

Feel so sorry for HM the Queen putting up with this at her age.
I agree with all of this, I think our Queen has served us well and had more than her fair share of dealing with the family problems that are out there in the public domain, as for the William rumour, who knows but to me has always come across as a respectful young man who I feel would also serve the public well as King .
Aug 2018...Westridge. Aug 2019... Miami & Solterra Resort
Lindaelaine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 19, 03:07 PM  
Link to this Post
rasmus
Imagineer

rasmus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Is there evidence that all this happened or just he said/she said?
January 2019-Cabana bay/Homewood suites
rasmus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 19, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

I think that the Royal Family are generally on thin ice as we look to the future and the Queen has done an absolutely astonishing job of work over the years as she has graciously dodged every banana skin thrown her way. I firmly believe that William is of the same ilk.

I believe that there is a feeling amongst many that the Royal family is bloated by numbers, too expensive and should be culled to sensible proportions (figuratively as opposed to the demise of the Romanovs).

The Duke of Pork is a parasite, openly disliked and no longer in the relevant line of succession. Whilst he should simply be grateful and ‘keep his head down’, Instead he has repeatedly rubbed the nose of the taxpayer in the poop with his arrogance, sense of entitlement, profligacy with taxpayers money and ceaseless efforts to get Beetroot and Aubergine further onto the Royal gravy train ( in between their vacation commitments).

I think this whole matter stinks and whilst he may not have committed any crimes against UK law, whether guilty as alleged or otherwise, he has once again shown appallingly bad judgement that has yet again laid him open to ridicule. He should take a leaf out of the book of Princess Anne and serve, rather than grasp.

The interview was at best, ill advised.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 08:35 PM.
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 19, 03:42 PM  
Link to this Post
JudgeJ26
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
I think that the Royal Family are generally on thin ice as we look to the future and the Queen has done an absolutely astonishing job of work over the years as she has graciously dodged every banana skin thrown her way. I firmly believe that William is of the same ilk.

I believe that there is a feeling amongst many that the Toyal family is bloated by numbers, too expensive and should be culled to sensible proportions (figuratively as opposed to the demise of the Romanovs).

The Duke of Pork is a parasite and no longer hardly in the line of succession. Whilst he should simply be grateful and ‘keep his head down’, Instead he has repeatedly rubbed the nose of the taxpayer in the poop with his arrogance, sense of entitlement, profligacy with taxpayers money and ceaseless efforts to get Beetroot and Aubergine further onto the Royal gravy train ( in between their vacation commitments).

I think this whole matter stinks and whilst he may not have committed any crimes against UK law, whether guilty as alleged or otherwise, he has once again shown appallingly bad judgement that has once again laid him open to ridicule. He should take a leaf out of the book of Princess Anne and serve, rather than grasp.

Totally agree with what you have said.
Beetroot and Aubergine😂😂😂.
JudgeJ26 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 19, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post
whlparkstone
Imagineer

Mobile

😂😂
Old 17 Nov 19, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderellas
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post

I believe that there is a feeling amongst many that the Toyal family is bloated by numbers, too expensive and should be culled to sensible proportions (figuratively as opposed to the demise of the Romanovs).

The Duke of Pork is a parasite and no longer hardly in the line of succession. Whilst he should simply be grateful and ‘keep his head down’, Instead he has repeatedly rubbed the nose of the taxpayer in the poop with his arrogance, sense of entitlement, profligacy with taxpayers money and ceaseless efforts to get Beetroot and Aubergine further onto the Royal gravy train ( in between their vacation commitments).

I think this whole matter stinks and whilst he may not have committed any crimes against UK law, whether guilty as alleged or otherwise, he has once again shown appallingly bad judgement that has once again laid him open to ridicule. He should take a leaf out of the book of Princess Anne and serve, rather than grasp.

A very funny response. I first thought you’d miss spelt a couple of words and had to re read it. I laughed out loud and love beetroot and aubergine 😂😂
Cinderellas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 19, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Chair1519 View Post
Bit unfair as when I heard the story I understood it to be set in 2010. Equally I didn't accuse him of anything. In fact I stated that if it was me I would would remember therefore so sould he. He states he doesn't remember. Therefore its down to one thing. Is is telling the truth? The issue is far bigger than the age difference. She was 17 at the time and as has been proven Jeffrey Epstein trafficked girls for sexual purposes. If he is lying then he would face charges in the US for child abuse.

However I will say this. In his interview he states that in 2010 he felt the need to fly to New York so he could personally meet with a man that he states he wasn't really friends with. A man just out of jail on child abuse charges so he could tell him why he couldn't meet with him. Therefore he flew thousands of miles to meet with someone to tell them he couldn't meet with him. He then spend the next four days in that persons house.
Fair enough, but it was definitely 2001 and not 2010.

I have literally thousands of photos of myself in which other people have their arm around me or mine around them and in more than 99.99999% I have never been intimate with the other person.

I can imagine Andrew has had his photograph taken far more times than I have, why would he remember them all? Going to Pizza Express would surely be more unusual and memorable for him.

I have no idea if Andrew acted inappropriately / illegally but there is just one person that claims he has and I don’t think anybody deserves to be accused of such crimes with little to no evidence. I tend to think there would be a track record and others coming out of the woodwork by now if it were true. So I don’t think there is the evidence to pin these vile claims on him.

He should not have been fraternising with a convicted child offender, that is disgraceful. And I do not like Prince Andrew, just for the record.

Edited at 06:08 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 19, 06:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Rebelrebel
Imagineer

The guy is a tool.

As far as we know at present there is no evidence of him and this young lady so I am on the fence about that but we do know about him meeting up with Epstein, I'm sorry to say but if someone I knew was found out to be guilty of all this I'd run a mile from them and block their calls, I certainly would not be staying with them for four days and this is even worse for him as he is in the public eye.

BTW are we sure Epstein took his 'own' life
Rebelrebel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 19, 07:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

I nearly choked on my G&T when I read on the BBC news site that “People close to Prince Andrew said he wanted to address the issues head-on and did so with "honesty and humility".
I must go and check the dictionary definition of ‘humility’. Pomposity and arrogance sprang to mind.
Omega1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 19, 07:19 PM  
Link to this Post
ROBBOTOO
Imagineer

'I didn't sweat at the time because I had suffered what I would describe as an overdose of adrenalin in the Falkland's War when I was shot at and it was almost impossible for me to sweat.

'And it's only because I have done a number of things in the recent past that I am starting to be able to do that again. So I'm afraid to say that there's a medical condition that says that I didn't do it.'

Well I wonder what he’s done a number of times in the recent past to be sweating about now !

And cornishfrogboy “beetroot” and “aubergine” we’ve laughed so much at that in our house today! Could never remember their names anyway so I suspect those will stick!
ROBBOTOO is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List