Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 31 Dec 19, 02:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Ah80207
Excited about Disney

Mobile POFQ getting cold feet

We’ve never stayed onsite before and I’ve been so invested in making sure this trip is perfect that I can’t seem to see the wood for the trees! I keep changing our hotel then worrying I’ve done the wrong thing. We are currently booked into POFQ. We prefer a smaller resort that’s easier to navigate which is why we switched from CBR to this one. But I would really like to hear from anyone who has stayed at POFQ who can reassure me about why they enjoyed it as I keep reading things that put me off. Mainly about the food (dd1 is veggie and dd2 very fussy and neither eat fish) and also about waiting hours for buses, no buses to other resorts etc. DH wanted a villa and car as we’ve always done before and he won’t like it if the transport is unreliable. Help don’t know what to do! 🤦🏻
Ah80207 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Dec 19, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

We loved it at POFQ. It’s a nice small size. Very pretty. Buses were fine although it’s a while since we stayed there.

None of the moderates have buses to other resorts. I don’t think that’s typical anywhere really.

You can easily get to POR food court if you want other options but we don’t eat many meals at our resort anyway. You have the whole of WDW at your disposal. Eat in the parks. At Disney springs. Other resorts if you are at a nearby park. Lots of options.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Dec 19, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

You will never get a definitive answer in respect of the busses as routes vary from season to season, day to day and hour by hour, with demand being a major factor. You will wait, it may be a long wait of 20 mins to half an hour, and you may need to stand. Personally, i love it, as the car is a faff i can do without, irrespective of 5he additional cost including parking.

POFQ is a lovely resort and does what it says on the tin.

Disney332
Old 31 Dec 19, 02:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Ah80207
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
We loved it at POFQ. It’s a nice small size. Very pretty. Buses were fine although it’s a while since we stayed there.

None of the moderates have buses to other resorts. I don’t think that’s typical anywhere really.

You can easily get to POR food court if you want other options but we don’t eat many meals at our resort anyway. You have the whole of WDW at your disposal. Eat in the parks. At Disney springs. Other resorts if you are at a nearby park. Lots of options.
Thanks that’s really helpful, it is quite Straightforward to get to Disney springs?
Ah80207 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Dec 19, 02:16 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Ah80207 View Post
Thanks that’s really helpful, it is quite Straightforward to get to Disney springs?
Yes by boat., say 10/15 mins. You may need to wait and queue.

Disney332

Edit or bus - see above
Old 31 Dec 19, 02:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Leia77
VIP Dibber

Leia77's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Ah80207 View Post
From POFQ you can either take the boat or the bus. We’ve always preferred the boat but on our 2018 visit we actually found the buses better. We tend to take the bus there and take the boat back, dependent on weather, time of day. Both are good options 😊
Leia77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Dec 19, 02:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Clamshell
Imagineer

We love POFQ. We have stayed there 3 times and would have happily booked back in there this next time but we decided that we should try a different resort at least once!

Fq is small, beautiful and only 5 mins walk from riverside which you can use the facilities for.

The MDE app tells you the times for the next busses so you can keep an eye on that rather than wait at the stop. We didn’t ever wait for more than a few mins. Nothing to worry about there.

We barely ate at the resort, but we did have great breakfast there. There are so many qs options everywhere, don’t focus too much on the resort food. Springs is only a boat ride away and there’s loads of choice there.

You’ll have a great trip 👍

Phantom thread-killer of Old London Town 😁
Clamshell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Dec 19, 02:23 PM  
Link to this Post

I haven't stayed at POFQ, but I have stayed at CBR and I have visited and had lunch at POFQ.

I didn't like the sprawling nature of CBR and POFQ would probably have suited me much better. It looks like a very nice resort and I thoroughly enjoyed the food court and felt spoilt for choice. I also liked the CBR dining options. We always try the dining options where we are staying, but we eat at many different places.

Disney buses do not go from resort to resort unless they are shared buses like Contemporary and Wilderness Lodge but even then they are not a resort to resort shuttle, it will only work one way depending on pick up order. I don't think many other resorts share buses, other than the ones that are walkable anyway. Other resort to resort transport options are limited to the monorail hotels, Skyliner hotels and there is a HS boat but I cannot see that anyone would catch that to get from resort to resort as it would be quicker walking.

Disney buses go between resorts and parks, between Disney Spring and resorts and at certain times they will run from parks to Disney Springs and park to park.

I would try to make sure you don't over think it. There isn't a right answer as to which hotel to stay in, there are probably several that will suit you just fine.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Dec 19, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Ah80207
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Thanks, the boat sounds great and the kids would love it. I think we’ll probably stick with it, I can’t change it again 🤦🏻
Old 31 Dec 19, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post
fizzypop
Imagineer

We have stayed in POR and POFQ. We like FQ and we have booked it again for this coming summer. We love the fact it’s smaller than the others and it has the feel of a small, friendly town. We only ate in the food hall twice and we walked to POR once, the rest of the time we ate in the parks or Disney Springs.

We have a car with us as we stay for a week onsite, then a week in a villa and fly into and out of Tampa. We use the car to get to the parks in the mornings and then use buses in the afternoon/evenings so we can have a drink. The buses occasionally also go to POR before going to the parks.
fizzypop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List