Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 7 Jan 20, 02:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Universal VR View Post
There is one problem there, the "Why?". My OH is the same, there has to be a reason for depression. Sadly, depression doesn't share his views. It's indiscriminate and strikes for no reason. How many times have I heard "But, what have you got to be depressed about"?
I do feel for him, he’s at a loss. This morning he said what’s wrong you’re quiet... I just looked at him ... I tried explaining but I don’t know why I’m feeling like I feel at the moment, totally in despair with no feeling of anything in the future.

It’s like depression is a headache a quick walk and funny TV programme will get you over it!
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 20, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post
xXxSammi88xXx
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I have no advice but send hugs as i’m also feeling like this. X
Old 7 Jan 20, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I had a panic attack walking into work today . My first one since I had PND 18 years ago . It was horrendous . All brought on by months of work stress and thinking I was coping . Obviously I wasn’t. I have a new manager and spoken at length this morning between the sobs and he’s been fantastic . Dh obviously knew what what going on for the past few months but there isn’t alot he could do to help except help at home which he also has been brilliant and supportive . I’ve lost all self worth to apply for anything else so I now need to speak to my gp or go down the councillor route I have finally been offered ( I have spoke to work on numerous occasions but got nowhere until today ) . It really shouldn’t have got this far and I didnt expect a panic attack at all.
Anyway You are not alone , if you need to chat pm me . I can5 say what triggered it off today except I think my body and brain have had enough of propping me up and it was a sign to actually get the help I desperately need. Big hugs xx
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 20, 05:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Snowball24
Imagineer

Mobile

Wanted to add, my dh went to a GP after years of suffering, he was too embarrassed to.go before and v anti medication. Well he did finally agree and we both went. He told the Gp everything , GP was great, he's on medication now, they doubled the dose as only a slight improvement but he admits he feels they are working now. He has a 3rd follow up soon. Things are looking up for him, it can be done x
Old 7 Jan 20, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Please op, return to your gp’s practise and see another doctor. It’s really sad that some doctors are still dismissive of mental health problems, although there are many who are very supportive and I’m sure they can offer help for you.
Mind or similar charities can offer support and advice too.

My DH is another of the not so understanding types too. He doesn’t mean to be, but he fails to see how anyone can be depressed without a ‘reason’ I have panic attacks (for example often if we get lost when driving somewhere, thankfully he drives, I don’t ) and he gets irritated as he feels I’m usually a coper and doesn’t understand why I start to hyperventilate and panic in certain situations. Our DD is far more understanding and has tried to explain the problems with DH, but he really just seems to fail to grasp mental illness as it’s not got obvious outward symptoms. He sees me as a reasonably strong, competent person which I am, but I still have many periods of anxiety.

Edited at 05:54 PM.
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 20, 06:00 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
I had a panic attack walking into work today . My first one since I had PND 18 years ago . It was horrendous . All brought on by months of work stress and thinking I was coping . Obviously I wasn’t. I have a new manager and spoken at length this morning between the sobs and he’s been fantastic . Dh obviously knew what what going on for the past few months but there isn’t alot he could do to help except help at home which he also has been brilliant and supportive . I’ve lost all self worth to apply for anything else so I now need to speak to my gp or go down the councillor route I have finally been offered ( I have spoke to work on numerous occasions but got nowhere until today ) . It really shouldn’t have got this far and I didnt expect a panic attack at all.
Anyway You are not alone , if you need to chat pm me . I can5 say what triggered it off today except I think my body and brain have had enough of propping me up and it was a sign to actually get the help I desperately need. Big hugs xx
So sorry to hear this 😔 Hope you feel a little better now xx You are probably right that it’s a build up from so long stressing at work and bottling it all up. I’m pleased to hear your manager was so understanding though. On a positive note now you can get help and start to hopefully feel better soon xx
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 20, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Nannad
Apprentice Imagineer

Hi I am glad you have opened up to your manager, if you are interested there was a post on the 14 December on this thread, about mental illness, which a lot of diners contributed to, hope this helps. Del x
Nannad is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 20, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
TC Devon
Imagineer

Go back to your GP. Tell them everything. I had terrible pnd. I eventually went to the GP- twice I was told I was just tired. It took an almost breakdown 2 years after my second child and a different GP for them to see it and I needed help. Six months of medication to get me back on track and few weeks signed off work. I felt much better after, for being upfront, honest and for having the help of the AD.
Happy to pm you my number.
TC Devon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 20, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
EllieP
Imagineer

Mobile

Hi,
Haven’t got any constructive advice or personal experience but my younger brother (aged 34) has been suffering with depression for the past 14 months. It is heart breaking to see him like this and I feel so sad that I can’t help him. He has been in medication for the last 12 months but they don’t seem to be helping at mo. He has tried a couple of different ones, but seems to be suffering stomach and headaches a lot. Lack of sleep also. He has tried CBT but this also doesn’t seem to have helped him. Just know you are not alone and if easier to talk to people you don’t know, then please feel free to do so.
EllieP is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 20, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
vowels
Imagineer

Go back to your GP, please.

It does not matter what other people think, only about how you feel.

There is no rhyme or reason why depression strikes, I had a bout just after I got married, too much had changed in a short period of time and I just could not cope, even although I was, and still am, happily married. Yet there have been periods in my life which have been tough and I have been fine.

Ignore the naysayers, it is not their health.

Whether it is medication or counselling that works for you, you will get the help you need from your GP to make you feel more like you. Acknowledging you are struggling is the first step to recovery.

I wish you good health.
vowels is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List