Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 8 Jan 20, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Further distance between Harry and William I think.

Disney332
Old 8 Jan 20, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

I think this makes sense - William is next in line for the throne after Charles, and William has 3 kids now, so plenty of heirs.

Its just another modernisation of the royal family, and in a pretty natural way I think. I wish them well.
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 20, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
floridasarah
VIP Dibber

floridasarah's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Loftus View Post
I'd imagine there house will remain part of the royal estate. Apparently the bulk of the work needed doing anyway to maintain the property. I'm no royalist but I really don't get the vitriol for this couple.
I have nothing against them. I just think they spent a lot of money on the house and possibly now leaving it.
floridasarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 20, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
alexisemma31
Imagineer

I say good for them.

He spent many years seeing how unhappy the press made his mother and he doesn't want the same for his wife. I respect him for it.
Old 8 Jan 20, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell 1
Imagineer

Mobile

I feel sorry for William. When the queen and Charles are gone, Harry should have been his support. I guess Harry is his Margaret!
Tinkerbell 1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 20, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
lottiesmum0
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by floridasarah View Post
And what happens to the house the taxpayers have helped fix up?
Just said the same to my daughter!
Old 8 Jan 20, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
JohnD
VIP Dibber

What have the Canadians done to deserve this?

It is hard to light a candle, easy to curse the dark instead.
JohnD is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 20, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
Although I wish them well and it’s their choice but what happens if they divorce ?
I think harry has also made this decision as he has watched how the press here hounded his mother and now they continue to do the same with his wife. Any man would try to protect his family and I’m sure although not entirely unexpected it must have been a huge decision especially with his grandmother still head of state. A woman who has dedicated her entire life to the crown. I just wonder about the divorce situation , I’m sure it wil, have been thought of but would he return to senior royal ? Although very unlikely you can never rule out Harry ever becoming king or his son Archie .
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 20, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
No mention of repaying the fortune spent on their home which will now just be a part time holiday home. No mention of giving up the titles. I assume the taxpayers will still be paying for security for the rest of their lives.
In a way I think it is the right move for them. He is no longer really a senior royal now William has three children. Princess Margaret had the same issue and was never happy in her life. Let them carve a life out for themselves, but they shouldn’t trade on their name and titles to earn this independent living. Unfortunately an aimless life like that of the Duke of Windsor seems more likely for Harry.
It’s quite telling that at one time this would be major news. I switched on the tv when I read this thread title and haven’t heard it mentioned.
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 20, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Loftus
Imagineer

Originally Posted by floridasarah View Post
I have nothing against them. I just think they spent a lot of money on the house and possibly now leaving it.
Well it still belongs to the royal estate, they can't sell it and if they're splitting their time between the countries they will need somewhere to live.
And, as I said before, apparently the house needed major renovation anyway as part of the upkeep of the royal estate.
Loftus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread