Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 8 Jan 20, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Lindaelaine
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell 1 View Post
Shame they didn’t decide this before a fortune was spent on their wedding and new home.
She got the prince, the lavish wedding, the amazing home, beautiful baby but didn't want his family and their way of life, it was on the cards the minute he put a ring on it. there is a lot going on that we aren't privy to, definitely issues between him and William as Harry broached the subject in the documentary that he and Megan did, I'm guessing she is homesick and doesn't fit in here, Harry is besotted with her and would go to the end of the moon for her, todays news is no big surprise .
I feel quite sad about it but mainly because it appears that the two brothers are drifting apart .
I just hope that Harry and Megan get their Happy Ever After .
Aug 2018...Westridge. Aug 2019... Miami & Solterra Resort
Lindaelaine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 20, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Loftus View Post
Well it still belongs to the royal estate, they can't sell it and if they're splitting their time between the countries they will need somewhere to live.
And, as I said before, apparently the house needed major renovation anyway as part of the upkeep of the royal estate.
There is no problem them living in the property if they are paying market rent. Anybody who lives in an employers ( taxpayers) property has to look for a new home if the employment comes to an end.
Smilesonfaces is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell 1
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Smilesonfaces View Post
No mention of repaying the fortune spent on their home which will now just be a part time holiday home. No mention of giving up the titles. I assume the taxpayers will still be paying for security for the rest of their lives.
In a way I think it is the right move for them. He is no longer really a senior royal now William has three children. Princess Margaret had the same issue and was never happy in her life. Let them carve a life out for themselves, but they shouldn’t trade on their name and titles to earn this independent living. Unfortunately an aimless life like that of the Duke of Windsor seems more likely for Harry.
It’s quite telling that at one time this would be major news. I switched on the tv when I read this thread title and haven’t heard it mentioned.
It was breaking news on itv as it was announced when the news was on.
Tinkerbell 1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

I always say that as William travels with his children Harry is not as far from the throne as it could appear.
That said Harry is his mother's son isn't he?
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 20, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell 1
Imagineer

Mobile

I can’t help but feel the press is six of one and half a dozen of the other. Her family haven’t helped either. The recent issue with the private jet, the photos at Wimbledon etc.
Tinkerbell 1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 20, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

She didn’t stand a chance. She’s been given a hard time since day 1.

Harry has previously spoken about his mental health issues so it’s not like he was happy with his situation before he met Meghan. He has often said he wanted a more ‘normal’ life and loved the military because he was able to blend in. I don’t think this is all about Meghan.

I hope they can find a happy balance.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 20, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Lindaelaine View Post
She got the prince, the lavish wedding, the amazing home, beautiful baby but didn't want his family and their way of life, it was on the cards the minute he put a ring on it. there is a lot going on that we aren't privy to, definitely issues between him and William as Harry broached the subject in the documentary that he and Megan did, I'm guessing she is homesick and doesn't fit in here, Harry is besotted with her and would go to the end of the moon for her, todays news is no big surprise .
I feel quite sad about it but mainly because it appears that the two brothers are drifting apart .
I just hope that Harry and Megan get their Happy Ever After .
I think it’s deeper than homesickness Linda. The cynic in me feels that this move is another attention seeking stunt. She moans about intrusion but is always speaking to the press, don’t see Kate doing that. She knew what she was getting into and I think she enjoys playing the victim. I think Harry is genuine
I know my view will upset a few but there you go!
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 20, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

I think its the best and wisest decision for them. Harry would never have been happy being King or living the life of devotion to his country. It simply just isn't in his character. I think its probably taken a lot of soul searching and stress to come up with this decision. Good luck to them, I hope they are happy.
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 20, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell 1
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
She didn’t stand a chance. She’s been given a hard time since day 1.

Harry has previously spoken about his mental health issues so it’s not like he was happy with his situation before he met Meghan. He has often said he wanted a more ‘normal’ life and loved the military because he was able to blend in. I don’t think this is all about Meghan.

I hope they can find a happy balance.
I think she stood a very good chance. Everyone embraced they wedding, I feel they’ve (or she) brought a lot of this on themselves.
Old 8 Jan 20, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

I don’t think Meghan has given herself long enough to become “integrated” into the RF before deciding that it’s not for her. i feel its disrespectful to the Queen - won’t mean much to Meghan as she isn’t British but Harry will probably have a heavy heart in that respect.

PH is bound to put his wife and child first. His position in the line of succession could drop even more in due course. Charles has said he wants to reduce the number of ‘senior royals’.

The Duke of Windsor ”stepped back” from being King - a much more important and serious decision and in completely different times !

Anyway I hope Harry and Meghan make a success of their chosen life. I’ll be very interested to learn how much (if any) public funding they will receive and if it will just cover the time they might spend in their official roles.

Edited at 08:30 PM.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread