Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 22 Jan 20, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
ROBBOTOO
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Floridatilly View Post
I contacted the council and they contacted the dog owners and explained that the dog barking would be monitored and recorded. During this time the owners managed to keep the quiet. Then before Christmas we received a letter to say that they are happy with the noise reduction, the owners have sorted the issue. And the owners got a similar letter. Literally 5 days later the dog was back to square one barking and crying constantly.
I have got back in contact with the council and need to fill the diary in again but apparently by law if the dog is being recorded the owners need to be informed. Therefore the owners will keep the dog quiet whilst being investigated (if that makes sense) even the lady from the council said it’s crazy because anyone with a bit of sense will keep noise down whilst being monitored.
I rang the RSPCA about the violence but they said they can not act on it because I did not see it. They have been out to the property before due to 2 other complaints but it has cover and is fed so nothing they can do.
Their neighbour who saw the violence is not prepared to get involved due to fear of repercussions.

So other than constantly re reporting it to the council with no long term results I can’t see it getting any better.
I actually pray that the poor animal is re homed. I am not actually sure it could be re homed because it has been kept away from humans & other dogs. Just used for hunting rats & rabbits
It’s hard but if you can’t afford to move and can’t stand the noise you have to persist with the council. Get back on to them. Explain it stops when they know it’s being monitored and begins again when they are told it’s better.

We had a problem with a neighbour (music). It was a nightmare. Other neighbours all complained to us, but left us to deal with it and the fall out!

But we persisted with it with the council. Had monitoring equipment in. Our neighbour was prosecuted in the end.

We also got our local councillor involved. He was brilliant. Even turned up a few nights on his bike unexpectedly to ask us how we were and how the council were getting on dealing with it.

It’s horrible, not easy but if you can’t move you have to do what is needed.

Sadly from experience we have never found the RSPCA of any use. Our experience in another matter, they were more interested in their money than an animal’s welfare.

The council have a duty to deal with noise nuisance. I’d be keeping on with that route myself.

If it goes quiet when being monitored they clearly know it’s a problem. So I’d keep with the council route.

Good luck.
ROBBOTOO is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 20, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Mqt
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Ryles View Post
OMG reading this upsets me so much! I absolutely hate animal cruelty. 😡
Yes it’s just awful 🙁
Mqt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 20, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

FloridaTilly, do the neighbours rent or own the house ?
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 20, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
janeywaney
VIP Dibber

janeywaney's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Mobile

I feel for you as we have exactly the same but next door to us 😕 They have 5 dogs a pug, 2 Bischon 1 French bulldog and a Jack Russell. When one barks they all set off. We are unable to sit outside as the noise of them makes it unbearable They have been reported to the council (not by us may I add, but the neighbours at the other side)
All the dogs are kept in the shed day and night, they were even out there bonfire night and New Year’s Eve. 😕😕 they rarely take the dogs out for a walk, when they do they only take one dog which is the pug. Sometimes the scream shut up at the dogs, usually with a few choice words, when my granddaughter comes I can’t let her in the garden with the language from next door!
The neighbours bought that house so stuck with them and their dogs.
Now I love dogs, we had a beautiful dog and lost her almost 5 years ago. I don’t however like the noise from the ones next door, or the aroma of the dog poo strewn over the yard.

Jane
August 06 All Star Sports, August 07 All Star Music, OKW August 08 OKW Nov 09 All Star Music Feb 10, OKW Sept 10 OKW Sept 2011 , OKW Nov 2013, Pop Cenury Sept 2014, OKW Sept 2015, OKW Nov 16, OKW Sept 17, OKW Aug 19
janeywaney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 20, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by ERICSMUM View Post
FloridaTilly, do the neighbours rent or own the house ?
Unfortunately they own the house or I would report it to the landlord.
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 20, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

Buy a camera and stick it up and record the evidence then send it to the RSPCA and press.
Old 22 Jan 20, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Just to add that the neighbours are reluctant to get involved due to the nature of the dog owner. The police have been called there in the past and I have actually had the son (early twenty’s) pull up outside our house revving his engine whilst glaring and mouthing at me from his car trying to intimidate me. I did threaten to call the police so he did drive off.

The dogs owners partner has nothing to do with the dog, her dog is kept indoors as a pet. When he works away the dog is completely ignored and cries more than ever.
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 20, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post

So the RSPCA will only get involved if there is a breach of the 5 freedoms in the Animal Welfare 2006. Due to the nature of the legislation it’s very vague so it’s extremely hard to prosecute someone and only very extreme cases get to court, plus there are not many RSPCA welfare officers, so what we as the general public think is poor, doesn’t necessarily mean they can do anything. The only way they will act is video footage of the man beating the dog.

Personally keep going with the council. When an investigation ends and the barking starts immediately log it again. I think it will be the only way this will get resolved.
You might also have a dog warden for the area, and calling them for advise or to see if they can have a word might be an idea too. I’m not sure if they can do this but it might be worth a shot.

It sounds awful and as an animal lover is awful to hear this happening, I hope it gets resolved soon for you and the poor dog.

Just to say I don’t work for the RSPCA, I study animal management and know the Animal Welfare Act well. 🙂

Edited at 09:47 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 20, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Pieces
Imagineer

Pieces's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile

As a last resort, If the rspca didn’t step in and the animal continues to be abused, I would go as far and recording it and putting it up on social media, especially a local page. Nobody likes someone that abuses animals. Hopefully this would shame the owners enough into doing something about it.
Old 22 Jan 20, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post
macdonald
Imagineer

Oh poor you ,that's just awful...some people are so inconsiderate!
macdonald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List